Khaydar's Projects

Guest Khaydar

1 hour ago, Khaydar said:

Updated the filter

BJzQxTn.png

It takes half a tile now. And it's perfectly aligned, thanks to Hendrix

By the way I have recovered my unreleased files, all of them.

Just visually or also in the config? I remember 2x1 causing problems in the past.

Khaydar

Visually unfortunately, tried editing the config but it didn't work. Instead there is no hitbox, guests walk through it.

Khaydar

Popopooooower!!!!! Your puny marine mania filters can't stop meee.

ylMLwWE.png

:snapoutofit:

Ok, on a more serious note, as someone who has and still have an aquarium, it bothers me how tiny they are for the tanks they are supposed to filter.

This is ladies and gentlemen the large filter, here's some stats:

Price : 1000 $ (it's huge)

Upkeep: 25 $ ( half MM one)

Filtring power; 1,5 X MM one

Durability: 2 X MM one

Cons

Has negative beauty for man, woman and child. So better hide this thing from guests.

The filter is very buggy because of dimensions and isn't properly alligned. Only 2 sides work out of 4.

Can someone tell me what the X and Y from footprint is (don't know which variable is the lenght).

• Love 2

for a footprint the item needs to be in a SE facing direction then the x value is 2x however many game tiles the object covers so judging by your screenshot even in a NE orientation the  cFootprint x = 10 and your cFootprint y = 6. if you use zoot for your rotations always do the SE rotation first as that is the default direction for item placement in game. With zoot when you do the other 3 direction rotations the orientation should automatically adjust. In your UCB file your footprint should read as

cFootprintx=10

cFootprinty=6

Graphically you could add a patterned texture to the tank part of your filter for a more decorative look and it wouldn't have to be hidden.

Sorry for double post but something else you could do as well is make a building and add a sign to it "Pump & Filter House" and use the the filter ai for it with your stat adjustments would look even better then just a filer sitting there and if you look at the fences forever hack from ZA you could possibly add it or eliminate the durability so it would never need repair. but if you wanted to keep the durability settings just do 2 other sets of building images with a more gunged look to the building texture to show the different durability settings. so lets say a bright white for a healthy filter then maybe a light grey for a worn filter and a darker closer to charcoal for a broken filter. Just some different ideas for you to consider.

Particle

Not every mod in the game needs to be a guest cheat too, having mods that make game play choices interesting is just fine by me.  In this case, you choose better filter over guest happiness.  Also I like the graphics of the big filter.  :)

always remember 1 game tile = 2x2 footprint if your object is just 1 tile from front to back but 2 tiles wide the footprint would be listed in an ai or ucs file as 4x2

cFootprintx=2

cFootprinty=2

cFootprintx=4

cFootprinty=2

when you have the game open make yourself a grid image but covering a small map totally in snow terrain and turn on the grid then take a screenshot and use that screenshot with the snow terrain and grid lines as a guide for sizing your graphics. Hopefully using a graphics program that supports layers you can easily layer a png image of your object on top of the grid layer and use a move tool to move your top object layer around on the grid layer so you place it for a proper fit in a set of grid squares.

You can always check Zookeepers Lounge for the footprint guide that swos you this information as well http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1973

Khaydar

I'm trying to make the filters balanced for normal gameplay. I will create a cheat filter with absurd stats as standalone download, so both people are happy.

@Yellowrose Thanks forthe explanation, ZK lounge's guide really helped.

Also gave a new paint job to the filter.

ePzGhGz.png

And as you can see it now fits the grid perfectly, It rusts as it gets non functional. You can thank @Yellowrose for the brilliant idea.

• Love 1