• Total Members
    • Most Online

asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• genericthrowaway769

Fountain's Tropical Bridge Workbench Conversion

caddienoah

I am in process of converting my Conifer Bridge Workbench to Fountain's Tropical Bridge Workbench.

She gave me a list of items that she would like to see in her workbench:

1. Catfish's Tropical Foliage & Auxiliary Foliage and/or Dr Rick's Rainforest Bamboo and Dr Rick Hawaii Mountain Foliage replacing conifer trees outside the zoo walls.

2. Lower the entrance area 3-5 levels.

3. Raise the canyon (or a significant section) so it is 5-8 below the cliff edges thus it can become a large stream collecting water from at least 2 different jungle rock falls from cliff and perhaps other waterfalls.  Whole canyon does not have to be water filled.

4. Change the small corner next the covered walking bridge (the one that is mostly outside the walls) by adding a few lava pits and a small volcano or steam geysers.

5. Maybe add some more dirt and some patches of sand, grass, & rainforest terrain & foliage within the walls.

6. Maybe snip a corner of the flattest zoo area for outside the zoo wall so Savannah Jan's Urban Round House or Bygone Era Roadside Motel could be tucked in.

6. Keep the staring money around $750,000 & $1M, please.

Overall I'd like generic enough so it could be used for subtropical/tropical Africa, Polynesia or Hawaii, or Caribbean Mountain.  (I've been studying the scenery of Guadeloupe + my imagination).

Here is how I am doing the Conversion:

I downloaded the workbench and placed it in the Saved Games folder in the ZT Game, which is in a file in my computer's disk C. I then downloaded the Dlupdate file I used and placed it in the ZT Game. I changed the name of the current Dlupdate file that I was using, to Dlupdate-Tek15.

I opened the game. choose the Conifer Bridge Workbench, and opened it.

I then deleted the main gate. I hit the Main Menu button and saved the workbench, changing the name to Fountain Bridge Redo. I opened the workbench and started to work.

I use Jay's Developer Menu Hack. I have it installed in the game files. It is there whenever I need to use it.

Here are some screens of the original Workbench:

Zoo031.jpg

Zoo032.jpg

Zoo033.jpg

Zoo034.jpg

Zoo035.jpg

My first action was to go through the entire workbench and delete all of the trees and foliage. Most were done in small groups, due to the configuration of the canyon. I had to drop canyon walls in several areas because foliage was hiding below or behind the walls. This was actually the hardest part of the redo, other than creating the water course at the bottom of the canyon. I had to drop walls to put in the river and falls, again because the canyon floor was hidden by the walls. The canyon floor was raised per request. The  fun part was making the water even...there ended up having some falls to help with that issue. Having to go from both ends and meeting at the middle was the easiest way to do them, I found. The canyon walls were raised and walkways corrected. I added a bit of mountain here and there to give it a tropical feeling.

Zoo029.jpg

Zoo030.jpg

• Like 1

I next did three things:

1 Lower the entrance.

2 Place Jan's building in corner.

3 Place volcanic activity in another corner.

I moved the main Zoo Fence in several places, to give the area, more game room, and tie in with the three changes Fountain requested. I started placing some foliage in areas. As usual that takes me a while, my OCD kicks in, and I go for a realist look, for the foliage.

I will continue tommarrow...off to work I go!

I plan a thread on constructing a workbench with screens. You can ask questions and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Zoo038.jpg

Zoo036.jpg

Zoo039.jpg

• Love 1

19 hours ago, ZooGrammy said:

Brandi's new trees look so nice in this. 

I do not think Brandi's trees were used.  The foliage is from Dr. Rick's Hawaiian Foliage & Hawaii Mountain Foliage available from the Designers Guild site.

Caddienoah, I am so impressed!  You have done far more than I expected.  It looks great! :5a80c8cbb5f4c_Thinkingofyou:

I have a couple more things to do, and I'll be sending it off to you. For your final inspection, before it gets reset and released.

• Like 1

At this point in time, I focus on the scenery elements. I have completed the foliage. I go through and make sure non of it sits on paths, or blocks special views. I look at paths to see if any are too wide or too small. I look at the entrance. Adding or subtracting scenery pieces as necessary. I always take my time here. I believe what is outside the zoo is just as important as to what's inside. This goes with the foliage and other scenery pieces. I do a sweep of the outside of the zoo. I delete anything in the first row of squares at the edge of the workbench. The only thing I let exist in this outer row is path pieces.

The two attached screens show finished foliage. I don't cover everything with plants...I have seen that there are always open areas...for what ever reason (too much water, not enough sun light, soil can't support life, etc.).

You can see that I've cleared the edge too. The entrance is still basic.

Zoo045.jpg

Zoo049.jpg

• Like 1

Here I've worked on some of the viewing areas. I use Brandi's People set a lot. It helps me see what an area would look like...also helps me see ratios of things.

At this point I noted a problem with two bridges that cross the creek/river. Both were 25 units long. the bridge ends are made to cover multiples of 3...the largest covers 15 units. therefore neither bridge would work. I redid both bridges...which led to the redoing of the area on each side of the bridges.

The screens show before and after a bridge  was fixed. By the way I had hit the Hide Foliage button on the second screen. Dr Rick's foliage acts as regular foliage in game. Catfishes's foliage stays visible. (In case you noted a change in foliage.) Doing the foliage usually takes me 4 to 7 hours to place...it always takes the longest for me to do!)

Zoo048.jpg

Zoo052.jpg

• Love 1

Savannahjan

So creative!  Another great project, Caddie! :worship:

• Like 1