• bxdczoo
    • manuel1299
    • MarkBL20
    • strider213
    • Truly_happy
    • (Professor Emeritus)Professor Paul

Definitely Screwed Up Somehow

peachperfume

So I went through the valentine's day and easter/spring downloads last night and added quite a few. I didn't play any after. So this afternoon I was like, hey, let's add a cute little romantic area to my zoo, right? It was not meant to be. My save file cannot be found, and when I hit "play freeform game" all maps but the DD and MM ones are missing! I've deleted the .dll files I added last night but that didn't help, so now I'm stuck going thru the .ztd files one by one because I can't remember which ones are new...

Anyway, while I'm doing that I thought I might as well post here. I'm gonna add a list of all files I've downloaded, and hope maybe one of you can be like "it's that one!" lol.

Thanks! For answering or just taking the time to read.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled5.png

Untitled6.png

Untitled7.png

Untitled8.png

Untitled9.png

Untitled10.png

Untitled11.png

Untitled12.png

Untitled13.png

Untitled14.png

Untitled15.png

Untitled16.png

Untitled17.png

Savannahjan

Hope some of our download experts can help with this.  Any of the 'gc' , 'yr' or 'savyket' files would not be a problem.

• Like 1

I noticed I had duplicate files, so I deleted the ones in the pic below. All the maps are appearing again now! Except I still cannot play saved games and when I try to play freeform, the game crashes.

Untitled5edit.png

I think I maybe, hopefully, found the crashing culprits. Which sucks because these are both so cute :^(

Untitled15edit.png

I see on one of those pictures that you have 350 downloads in the dlupdate folder.  That could be part of the problem as there is a limit, although the actual number seems to be somewhat variable.  Some of the older files can also cause problems.  Sometimes certain combinations of files can be an issue.  These sites can be helpful:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php#3

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/

Cricket

The last 2 on this list were done by Devona.  They should not crash your game.

Heather is right ... there is a limit on how many files you can have in the dlupdate folder.  Looks like you definitely have too many lol. 

You can test by removing about 100 of those files (put in a different folder for later use) then see if the game behaves better. 

Then you can use some of the tutorials here and make some combined .ztd files.  This will help tremendously :D  Or send the files to me via PM and I will combine them for you.

• Thanks 1

And Yellowrose posted an awesome file combining tutorial here:

I'm pretty computer illiterate & I was able to do it watching this.  :evilputer1:

• Haha 1

Sorry, I just meant to post a link.  I have no idea why the actual video is up there.  :dunno1:

the limit for ZTd files and that's total ZTd is approximately 325 that includes all the ones that come with the game. There is also a limit to the number of dll files. that limit is 63 in total that is why the different sites started doing combined dll files so when you download a file if the file includes a dll file with it try double checking at the DD listings to see if the messages are in a combined site dll most of the DD listings will say if you have xxxx.dll then you don't need the dll file included in the zip file.

• Thanks 1

Cricket
34 minutes ago, HeatherL said:

Sorry, I just meant to post a link.  I have no idea why the actual video is up there.  :dunno1:

I think it does that when you just copy and paste the link.  For the link itself to be posted here, you have to use the "link" button from the message edit toolbar :)