hshelby99

• Goosifer
    • Fern
    • muddykip
    • MarkBL20

Definitely Screwed Up Somehow

peachperfume

11 hours ago, Yellowrose said:

the limit for ZTd files and that's total ZTd is approximately 325 that includes all the ones that come with the game. There is also a limit to the number of dll files. that limit is 63 in total that is why the different sites started doing combined dll files so when you download a file if the file includes a dll file with it try double checking at the DD listings to see if the messages are in a combined site dll most of the DD listings will say if you have xxxx.dll then you don't need the dll file included in the zip file.

Thank you! I have cross-checked all the .dll files

13 hours ago, HeatherL said:

I see on one of those pictures that you have 350 downloads in the dlupdate folder.  That could be part of the problem as there is a limit, although the actual number seems to be somewhat variable.  Some of the older files can also cause problems.  Sometimes certain combinations of files can be an issue.  These sites can be helpful:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php#3

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/

Oh geez, I had no idea there was a limit lmao. I went a little ham with downloading so many...

13 hours ago, Cricket said:

The last 2 on this list were done by Devona.  They should not crash your game.

Heather is right ... there is a limit on how many files you can have in the dlupdate folder.  Looks like you definitely have too many lol. 

You can test by removing about 100 of those files (put in a different folder for later use) then see if the game behaves better. 

Then you can use some of the tutorials here and make some combined .ztd files.  This will help tremendously :D  Or send the files to me via PM and I will combine them for you.

I will def look into combining them! I must've deleted just enough files, my game is running fine now:Bsmile6:

• Like 1

I did that, too.  There are just too many awesome things out there!  After watching Yellowrose's tutorial, I went crazy deciding what I really had to have and combining them into files. :drool4:

There is also a limit of 3000(?) items in the menus in-game.  So far I haven't reached it.

Savannahjan

Good eye, Heather!  So glad you noticed that.  The combined files do help a lot.  

ZooGrammy

Peach perfume,  one thing you can do is to save your downloads (the Zip) in a folder on your C drive outside the game.   Just take the ones you want to use in and out of the game.  I have an extensive file system of downloads with folders titled like the game: examples: Animals, buildings, scenery, foliage etc.  Within the folders are more folders for separating type of things.   Anyway then you can keep what you like. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
AnewZoocreator
On 2/20/2020 at 7:44 AM, HeatherL said:

And Yellowrose posted an awesome file combining tutorial here:

I'm pretty computer illiterate & I was able to do it watching this.  :evilputer1:

Thanks to this video, I managed to combine 12 rock .ztd files into a single one - and after an ingame test, no crashes occurred and the rocks looked like no changes were made! That's 12 ztd files less in my folder!

But... does anyone - maybe @Cricket - know what I must pay attention to when combining fence and/or path files? I once renamed such a file to a .zip, and several more folders came up. Which one do I have to copy where etc.?

• Like 1

I used one the fence files to see which folders were necessary (and where they were located), then duplicated that using Yellowrose's tutorial as a guideline.  I did a LOT of object/foliage files first to get comfortable with the process.