Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Luz21
    • WhiskersIsCat
    • MaastrichianFan

Velociraptor Pit

KTesch

IcePengwyn

Or you can make your own folders on the main drive - I have them so they are right next to to the main ZT folder.

<<Updates,Dlupdates and Dupdates>> - you should only use dlupdates. Leave the other two alone. While the game will pick them up, they have particular official Blue Fang expansions n stuff in them, so it' best to leave them alone so you don't lose things. It's amazing how often people lose the Sable Antelope or Asian Elephant.

Or you can make your own folders on the main drive - I have them so they are right next to to the main ZT folder.

<<Updates,Dlupdates and Dupdates>> - you should only use dlupdates. Leave the other two alone. While the game will pick them up, they have particular official Blue Fang expansions n stuff in them, so it' best to leave them alone so you don't lose things. It's amazing how often people lose the Sable Antelope or Asian Elephant.

Make new folders in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games and put them next to my Zoo Tycoon Folder or just make new Folders and put them next to my Microsoft Games Folder?

I found an empty Downloads Folder on my Hard Drive, would this work for what I want to do? Otherwise, I'll just do what ZooGrammy said and make brand new ones since no one's answered my last question about whether to put new Folders next to my Microsoft Games Folder or open that up and put them in next to my Zoo Tycoon Folder.

Kim

Kim

ZooGrammy

I really think that it would be better to put your dls in a folder in 'MY DOCUMENTS" and not in the program files.

I pretty much ignore the way MS wants to do things. Can never find things their way... :24:

Zoo Tyc dlupdates - stores entire dlupdates for current zoos - when I want to work one something else, I DELETE everything in the game folder dlupdates and COPY over from one of the saved ones. Never MOVE. Each of the saved folders gets a name like ZTUF July ZOTM, hacks (this one stays), etc. When the folders are no longer needed, they get deleted. If there are certain zoos I may want to keep I'll zip the UCIs first.

Zoo Tycoon Extras - where I store all of the downloads (as zip files by site) and anythng else like suitability guides, charts, etc.

This way when I'm in Windows Explorer I don't need to look in different parts to find things.

So I'll have these folders & subfolders in my main C drive.

C:

snip

Corel

Documents & Settings

Games Heroes

Gemas Railroad

Games Zoo

___snip

___Zoo Tyc dlupdates

___Zoo Tycoon

___Zoo Tycoon Ape

___Zoo Tycoon Companion

___Zoo Tycoon Extras

___Zoo Tycoon Two

___Zoo Tycoon Two Extras

snip

coolperson5

You should look at Genki's Tutorial on combining ZTDs. You can combine them and then you can have lots of downloads with only a few items in DLUpdates. You can find the Tutorial HERE

I've already taken ZooGrammy's advice and made Folders within my C:/Downloads Folder and also found a simpler way to make new ones than the way I was doing it before. I've also read the Tutorial, but found it kind of hard to follow.

Kim

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry to be a nuscience everyone, but just popping back to 2007 for a sec:

You can also get it by downloading the Jurrasic park pack 3.

Where can I download this? I love Jurassic Park! :Pick_Me_: :vishenka_34: :glitter_happy: :Yess_: :th_hapydancsmil:

Ok, smily time over, I'm ok folks! Just had to express my excitement at such a thing being mentioned.

DinosaurDigs