• Most Online

hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• Fern
    • Hawkkeye666
    • And 1
    • Truly_happy

Directionality of the Wooded Bridge (Catfish & LAwebTek)

VNDragonV2

VNDragonV2

Is the wooded bridge 1-way or 2-way? I built 2 bridges that function as the only entrance to an island in my zoo with most buildings concentrated on that island. However, guests seem to only travel through the bridge in 1 direction so they ended up stuck on that island for eternity. Any tips?

Savannahjan

I'm trying to remember, I think the guests have to have some motivation to use the bridge.  There are some signs that you can put right at the entrance of the bridge that draws them onto it.  One is a restaurant sign and I think the other is a restroom?  There is a topic somewhere about these bridges and the best way to be successful with them.   Try this:

https://zootekphoenix.com/forums/topic/9019-question-of-using-wooden-bridge-development-pack-by-catfish-lawebtek/?tab=comments#comment-244309

• Like 1

I always thought they were like an attraction, so guests would only use them once.

• Like 1

Pretty much one way. They are a cheat. Guests need a reason to use them and the choices are food, drink, fun, gift, bathroom, and energy. I forget offhand what they used on these but unless the guests need whatever they used they will not cross another bridge. This also is the same for the pontoon bridge and the tunnels by them. With any of these types of things there should always be an alternative way off the island or cliff or whatever. For flat areas I would suggest using these as an alternative. There should be a tutorial around for using these as they require a little bit of thinking and land raising.

If you use search in the downloads there are other bridges there as well.

• Like 1

VNDragonV2

Ah I see that it is restricted for 1 way then. I feel like this problem could have been circumvented if there is a way to determine the direction of the bridge so a second one going the opposite direction can be built.

I also genuinely hoped that the "I want to leave this zoo" would have been a strong enough need for the guests to use the bridge. Alas, that didn't happen. :P

No that "I want to leave this zoo" would not work because when they are angry like that they do not use attractions or anything else. They just focus on leaving and get angrier when they cannot.

• Like 1