• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• TRIFORCE89

Question of using Wooden Bridge Development Pack by Catfish & LAwebTek

Rinding FT

hello~ I download the bridges and have a question:

I built a 3 wide bridge on the water just like the tutorial, but the guests didn't walk into the bridge and stood in front of the entrance...|||

So..Do the guests have thinking about walk into the bridge or not, or they can just walk into the bridge by not think anything just like walk on the land??

Or I did wrong way to build the bridge??

Thanks a lot~ :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• MaTT²

• Rinding FT

• Hawk

Top Posters In This Topic

The bridge entrances are configured like buildings so the guest must be "needing" something to enter. Without looking at them I am not sure what guests would need, but for a guest to enter a restaurant the guest needs to want one or more of the following "food", "drink", "bathroom", "energy". You cannot use these and the tunnels without an alternative way in or out of the area. Nor will you "see" the guests in them. The bridge pieces are sccenery. Guests go in an entrance and appear at the exit. They work a bit like the "transporter" in star trek.

It can take a while to get it right as you will see if you use the underwater restaurant. I have lost count of the number of times my guest has ended up in the tank by mistake.

You could always add the zoo here and let someone like Zoogrammy have a look to see if you have done it right.

It took me a long time to get the bridges right...but when you do it is a lot of fun using them in a zoo...

Here is a link to a map/zoo I did using the bridges...

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5016

You can see the troubles that occurred and how they were corrected...hope it helps!

Thank you all~~ :)

Yesterday I tried again and waited for a long~~ time. Finally, a child walked into the bridge. //(ㄒoㄒ)//

p.s. what's the underwater restaurant?? A new building(where can I find that?)? Or put the restaurant under the water?? Thanks a lot. :)

• 8 months later...

Hi Fern !

I have a question about the use of the wooden bridge pack! I saw, as RDingFT, that my guests don't want to use the bridge because they "need" to be hungry, thirsty or else .. But as I put a bridge at the beginning of my zoo, guests are not "needing" so they can't enter the bridge .. so I should create a path next to it while this way was a good solution to save space on the map. I guess the tunnel and water tunnel have the same rules ?

So I searched in my very old downloads (and in my memory) and I found the Underground Tunnel file, originally found on ZooAdmin but still available here http://www.pftq.com/pq/creations/sublist/Underground_Tunnel_Entrance/ simply working as a teleportation point (it also took part from a teleportation pack), so guests can use it no matter they're hungry, thirsty or not .. but the pic of the den is ... not as great as a bridge or a water tunnel ! :whistilin:/>

So my question is : do you think it's possible to ask for a pack with the bridges, tunnels and watertunnels but working without condition of hunger, thirst ? It could be one of the most useful scenery of my zoo ! I think it could be modified in the ai file but I'm not sure ..

what an fascinating question... i await the replies with interest. :computer-tired-smiley:

LOL did I really raise something interesting ?