• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• MaastrichianFan
    • Fern

Question of using Wooden Bridge Development Pack by Catfish & LAwebTek

Rinding FT

Since the bridges work as buildings then they have to be configured to a guests needs. So the choices are bathroom, drink, energy, food, fun, gift. The problem is that if they want none of them they will not use the "building/bridge"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• MaTT²

• Rinding FT

• Hawk

Top Posters In This Topic

OK! Dumb question time.

Why can't bridges and tunnels be built as paths?

If Blue Fang had kept their graphics people and hired the RCT2 programmers they might have done that. But in ZT guests cannot step off a "cliff". This is why the wooden brige is covered because guests disappear at the door and reappear at the other end. Other bridges are just sides that require raised terrain and paths in between. Sadly it is a programming problem, not a configuring one and legally we cannot tamper with the actual program.

Indeed, Fern is right about the difference between a simple "path" and a real "bridge" which "teleports" guests from A point to B point. That's why they have to be configured as buildings with an entry (A point) and an exit (B point) that can be 2, 6 or 10 squares away or more.

But after reading the AI file programming the Underground Tunnel, it seems that it's more configured as an attraction (a very attractive one) whereas the bridge is set as a restaurant. Yet, there're more chances for a guest to enter an attraction just giving happiness and energy than to enter a restaurant which requires a hunger or thirst or bathroom need, right ? (if you check the guest.ztd file you can see how it works ..)

That's why I was wondering if it's possible to adapt the AI code of the Underground Tunnel for the Bridge (and other tunnels), so that guests will be able to use it simply to go from a point to another one (recovering just happiness and energy at the same time). I'll try to make some tests this evening ^^

What do you use to open a ztd file?

I tried Notepad and that showed just a bunch of unreadable characters.

I use Winrar for ztd file, it's like a zip file, and I open the ai files with Notepad. Easy to modify the lines and data but you have to be careful of what you change ! It could cause some crash during the game or loading a save, always make a copy of the original before editing a file ;-)

Oh that's a cool idea!! I think if it's possible, the bridges may can set as a fun building like the Japanese garden~ :) Or if we want the guests walk on the bridge with path, we only can use bridges scenery..

You have to be very careful what you change and you need to change more than just the [satisfies] section. Change the wrong things and you could end up with unhappy guests or a crashing game.