Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Zanthia
    • Truly_happy
    • MaastrichianFan

Question of using Wooden Bridge Development Pack by Catfish & LAwebTek

Rinding FT

My first test is encouraging : I used the Underground Tunnel and I had a small ten guests to use it in 5 mn. Not bad, but not enough. I'll try to use the gcZooRentalBuilding configuration, a very attractive attraction which is free and attracts tons of guests. I think I can apply it for the bridge !

Fern : don't worry, I am propped up enough with html and php code, and the ai.files are very easy to modify ;-) And in case of crash, I got a copy of the files I edit to restore the game ^^

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• MaTT²

• Rinding FT

• Hawk

Top Posters In This Topic

My first test is encouraging : I used the Underground Tunnel and I had a small ten guests to use it in 5 mn. Not bad, but not enough. I'll try to use the gcZooRentalBuilding configuration, a very attractive attraction which is free and attracts tons of guests. I think I can apply it for the bridge !

Fern : don't worry, I am propped up enough with html and php code, and the ai.files are very easy to modify ;-) And in case of crash, I got a copy of the files I edit to restore the game ^^

You will never get everyone to use them any more than you can make them use any of the ingame buildings.

You would be better using another tunnel. Jay did the Oz Rainbow tunnel which satisfies both energy and fun. The only other lines you should change are in [Characteristics/Integers].

So the ai should read

[satisfies]

building

energy

fun

In [Characteristics/Integers] These are the lines that I would change

cHungerChange = 20

cThirstChange = -50

cBathroomChange = -50

cEnergyChange = 20

I would delete the top three and make

cEnergyChange = -30

You do not want to make it -100 as that is what sitting on a bench would do. You only want to make a minimal change.

Now there is another thing I see with the ai I am looking at. It has cHabitat = 0. Goodness knows what ZT does with that. I suspect it defaults to 9411. So I would make it

cHabitat = 9411

Without taking a real good look at the rest of the file I cannot say what else needs changing.

Note that if you are doing a contest you should use the original.

Another thought is change this

cAdultChange = 0

cChildChange = 0

to this

cAdultChange = 30

cChildChange = 30

see, i told you it was interesting!! we are learning all the time, and if we learn together like this it is so much more fun (for us as well as our zt guests!)

now, to try and work out what it all means... is there any way of downloading all the text in a thread without doing it post by post?

now, to try and work out what it all means... is there any way of downloading all the text in a thread without doing it post by post?

Use Print which should be under the last post on the left with this theme

IT WORKS !!!

I saw my guests using the bridge for the first time !

*joy & happiness* :confetti:

I edited only the lines mentionned by Fern but with the gcZooRentalBuilding configuration and it works, not for all guests but I'd say that 90% of them use the bridge now, so I might say that it's a success :-)

My test was only made with the 9 section bridge, next stage will be with the 3, 6 and 15 section. I don't know if I should edit the bridge sign too, but it has the same configuration :

cHungerChange = 20

cThirstChange = -50

cBathroomChange = -50

cEnergyChange = 20

and maybe they restrict the new bridge configuration ?

For information, this is what I edited :

in [Characteristics/Integers]

cHabitat = 9414

cAdultChange = 20

cChildChange = 20

cEnergyChange = -30

cHungerChange = 20 (deleted)

cThirstChange = -50 (deleted)

cBathroomChange = -50 (deleted)

in [satisfies]

building

fun

At last, I will edit the tunnel pack and I think it will be OK :laugh:

Did anyone else try ?

change cHabitat = 9414 to cHabitat = 9411 otherwise you will not be able to use them in exhibits without the animals giving frowny faces. You want to see no faces at all cos green would mean that is going to suitability as something and you do not want that.

I haven't looked at the sign to even see what it does. But the food and enegy lines in that exaple will make guests more hungry and also more tired.

Could the tunnel sections be figured as a walkable arch?
Yes they could but they will not move people over distance. If they came from rct then it should be easy enough to get a new set. And they could be done in other colours.

A while ago I was looking at new ideas for transporters. Don't forget there is the teleportion arch, warp pipe and the warp dome that ZA has

Indeed, my animals start to frown "because they don't like feeling too much people's presence" .. I thought it was because I maybe abused a little of the invisible fence ..

Anyway, more experimentations aren't superfluous if I want the bridges (and others) work without any problems ;-) But I'm already satisfied that these first results are positive :)

On the other hand, I noticed another problem but totally different : guests walk outside the paths, and have an annoying tendency to go (and sometimes get stuck) in the scenery, especially the vegetation. I'm forced to put some fence all along the path to prevent them to go for a walk everywhere! Is there a topic where I can find some solutions / explanations for that ?

Indeed, my animals start to frown "because they don't like feeling too much people's presence" .. I thought it was because I maybe abused a little of the invisible fence ..

The guests do not use that actual bridge, they disappear at the entrance and appear at the exit, so peeps in bridges would not be the cause. As for the invisible fence, if it is see-through then you need to use some scenery of height 2 next to the fences to give them the privacy that they are not getting. Maybe use rock formations outside the fence in some places.

• 5 years later...