• Total Members
    • Most Online

pERAS
    Newest Member
    pERAS

• bekantan4200

shoe's cc journey

shoe

hellooo!!! Here I will be just logging what I edited/recolors/handpainted-- mostly scenery, for now. just yesterday I knew absolutely NOTHING about how to create custom content, but thanks to resources and lovely people from here, I was able to learn and whip up a few things. Still learning! You guys are FOR REAL, so inspiring with everything that you create and I hope to get to that level and spread some knowledge and transfer those skills over to other games :D

here is day 1 after 8 hours of reading up tutorials and setting up APE + ZOOT! (original bases there for comparison):

image.png.3c3a3fd586059c6858a893d4fadc2944.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Savannahjan

Great!  Isn't it exciting when you get that first little something to show up in the game!  I will never forget my very first creation.  An apple.  Our club was working on a Wizard of Oz pack and I so wanted to contribute.  I got so much help and encouragement from some dear old members, Cristijaberjaws and Catfish.  I cleaned up the image of a perfect red apple, put it into ape and TADA!  There was my beautiful, stunning apple..... the size of a large restroom. :animated-smileys-laughing-291:  So I reduced it and reduced it, down, down, down... until it was the right size.  And you just about couldn't see it, much less tell it was an apple.  But still, I MADE THAT!  It was a wonderful feeling, and it just spurred me on to get better and better at it. 

Keep going!  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Savannahjan TOTALLY get that!!! Just a great sense of accomplishment and like, proud parent feels all over! Wizard of Oz pack sounds delightful, and I'd love to see it if it's still around. :) I was thinking of making sets as well; I have so much in mind but I also want it to fit seamlessly with the official art style. Thank you so much for the encouragement, will do! :D :loveshower:

Savannahjan

Yes, that's it!  Thanks Fern.  And there is my little apple! :flirtyeyess3:  

• Like 1

My start with files was fixing all the ones that were crashing games for people. I asked Jay how to do this as he was, and still is, one of the most knowledgeable ZT people around. Not much he does not know.

And also doing rotations for others. Rotations before the advent of Zoot was difficult for a lot of people. While doing that I would also check the file over for problems.

Now i make anything I feel like - paths, fences, foliage rocks, scenery, buildings.

I do have graphics from two designers that I still have to put into files.

• Like 2

Holy, thanks for the link, Fern! I just put these in my zoo and wow that DETAILING!! I am for sure going to use the Oz apple tree and Savannahjan(should I just call you Jan?)'s STINKIN' ADORABLE apple, LOL. I'm glad I was able to see your creation, I can tell a lot of work and love went into these! The color changing of the pony statue is nice and glowy too. :D These make me wanna try some animations. And ooouuuuh I should check those out. Rotations are my new bane, but I would love to master it one day. One day. *clenches fist*

• Haha 1

LOL i originally misunderstood and read it as tutorial for current Zoot rotations (which is why I reacted with thanks).. but man reading the tutorial was painful! And knowing you had to do that every time you made something...! I am so happy for the upgrades to fix rotations because honestly if that were me back then, it would have deterred me from even trying! Props to designers who had to go through that trouble!