Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Forester_Sk
    • TRIFORCE89
    • Hawkkeye666

Inner City Zoo Scenario

KTesch

I'm getting ready to do the Inner City Zoo Scenario and would like some suggestions on whether I should use food and drink stands or a Restaurant (Restaurant would take care of all food and drink needs, but what about space? It's limited in this scenario) and what and how many attractions should I put in? What is most popular with the Guests? Just the Carousel?

Kim

When I did this one I think I only used the resturant and the gift shop. The rest of the room was needed for the animals. :connie_garoo:

Cricket

Yeah, I remember this one being very 'tight'. I think I used the Tower Cafe (only 1 square) whenever I needed a restaurant.

For scenarios in general, stay away from food courts. They make less money, and unless you use the no trash hack, you'll need trash cans and someone to empty them.*

By the time you add in picnic tables, a food court can take up as much space as the restaurant.

You can add the carrousel and recycle it later. As long as you make more than $160 you'll come out ahead.

If you use Lowenfrau's Clean-up hack you can delete the trash can, hit undo which replaces the trash can, leaving a few pieces of trash laying around. You can now recycle the trash for a few bucks each! But it's still a pain to have to pay attention to.

Guest Zookreeper

Space is tight on this zoo, however you still need to make money. I would suggest that you forget about "food courts" alltogether and use only restaurants. IcePenguyn is right about space. The other thing about restaurants is the guests will pay to use the bathroom by entering but if you put restrooms in your zoo YOU will pay $50 per restroom per month for the guests to use them. Without foodstands you do not need trashcans or maintainence men to empty them. Trashcans lower guest happiness as well.

As far as attractions put in all that make money. In DD the Dinosaur Theater is good. Gift carts can make as much as the gift shop and you can put in more than one. Also do not overlook the Compost building. It is a money maker, except in an all MM zoo.

definitely a restaurant - no food court - i did this one a couple of different ways. below are screen shots. the best money makers (after a restaurant & gift shop) are the carousel & animal theater

this one has several different exhibits

post-305-1186155051_thumb.jpg

This one has only 1 exhibit - a mixed african savannah exhibit - but it still meets all the requirements.

post-305-1186155071_thumb.jpg

Are there any suggestions for the best pricing for the Restaurant and Carousel and Animal Theater? There is one long path in the Map with two pieces of path sticking out, I can put something at the end of the long path and two other things (hopefully) at the end of the two pieces that stick out and exhibits along either side of the path. At least that's what I was thinking, although, there will probably be blank spots right as you walk in in the corners by the Gates.

Lam, Would you say that the Animatronics Building is popular with Guests or not? I forgot two other attractions in your screenshots I wanted to know about. I've heard elsewhere that the Petting Zoo isn't all that popular with Guests and isn't a big moneymaker and I noticed it was gone in the second screenshot, what about it and the Elephant Ride, which I noticed is still in both screenshots.

Kim

compared to the carousel & animal theater, the animatronics building is not all that popular or profitable. in the zoos above it averaged $300 profit per month as compared to $1000 per month for the other two.

i usually don't change the prices on attractions, etc. however, you can usually get away with charging the maximum of $22 in a restaurant.

Don't forget you can put pathways anywhere you like. In the pic above they are on the outer edge.

I think the Animatronic Theater only attracts kids - that's why it doesn't make as much money. But the kid happiness does go up so it's good for that. If you have enough guests it will still make some money. You can always recycle it later for 80% return.

You might be able to raise the price on the attractions by one or two dollars and guests probably won't complain. Too much and they complain, lose happiness, and don't go in. So I just leave them. The shark Tunnel in MM is set at $7.50 or so - very few will go in! So you have to drop it to $3-$4, and then it's ok but only in a well traveled area.

A big money maker - set a swim shack near a restaurant. Set swim at $5, restaurant at $22. Probably not enough room in this zoo though.

I lied. There is only one part that sticks out from the Main Path. The map is still intimidating to me. I just looked it over. As you are going into the zoo and around the corner, there is a Sandy area that also has Coniferous Forest around it. Does anybody know whether it is flat terrian or Elevated Terrain or sunken Terrain? It looked a little sunken to me and I don't know any animals that like sunken Terrain, they either like Flat or Elevated/Hilly Terrain.

Kim