• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• redwolf
    • Fern

Inner City Zoo Scenario

KTesch

If the sunken terrain is flat you can place any animal in it you like They won't mind you can surround the area with a lower fence as well so guests can have a good vieuw .

there's about 3 different levels of terrain in that section, so i guess i'd call it hilly since there are no cliffs. i leveled the whole map - it cost about $4000.

Lam,

The starting money is $2500. The Restaurant is $2200, the Japanese Garden is $1900 and too big to fit anywhere, the Elephant Ride is $1200 and only a couple of kids at a time can ride it and it's not popular with adults because of the smell, the Compost Heap is 1900 although it's probably a necessary evil from now on in the game and the Animatronics is 1300 and is only kid-friendly. What should I do? Get rid of the two or three pieces of dirt path that are sticking out of the main path? What about mixed exhibits? How does one pick a terrain type?

Kim

non-flat terrain - just flatten the small sections. Don't worry about it - just do it! :P Animals that like a little elevation: Grizzly, Black Bear, P. Horse, Chimps, Gorilla, Komodo, Orangutan. The taller hill - Bighorn Sheep or Cougars work well there.

The starting money is $2500. - you mean $25,000. As soon as you drop below $1000 you get the Emergency $10,000. You should also easily get the $15,000 Suitability Award right away.

Restaurant is $2200 - use it!

Japanese Garden is $1900/ too big - optional - not really needed - only helps in happiness - as far as size - move the pathways!

Elephant Ride is $1200 - optional - not really needed

Compost Heap is 1900 - optional - Ok to use - recycle it late in the game if you need a few more $$$

Animatronics is 1300 and is only kid-friendly. optional - not really needed

What should I do? Don't think too much on these - just go with gut feelings (it will come with time). For this one you really only need the restaurant. This one can be done with one mixed savannah exhibit!

Get rid of the two or three pieces of dirt path - - move paths as you like - the cost is minimal.

What about mixed exhibits? - saves $$$ on fencing.

How does one pick a terrain type? - - for some scenarios use existing terrain to save $$$. In some it won't matter much. This one has a lot of grass - P Horse & Bison would be cheapies.

For scenarios in general - set zoo admission to $29. If less guests are wanted, price it at $49. If more guests, $19. Set all restaurants (one per 200-300 guests) at maximum = $22.

I forgot to add the Carousel. And I forget how much it is.

I didn't elevate the Chimps enclosure for "Revitalize Burkitsville" and they never complained. weird. I wasted that whole Grassy area to the left of them in fact and shared fence sides with the Gemsbok. Never Mind, I guess they like a flat terrain.

Does anybody know how big the area is in the middle of the map if I move the path to around the edge? Im thinking of making a mixed rainforest exhibit with Bongos,Okapi,Chimps,Mandrill and Lowland Gorilla and a separate Unicorn exhibit in the back parallel to the Entrance. I gave up trying to do six separate exhibts. I think they want one big one anyways.

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

I am still struggling with space and animal choices for the Inner city zoo scenario. I had planned on using the terrain that was already in there such as the Brown Stone for Mountain Lions or Big Horn Sheep, both of which I have already tried a thousand times and both seem to be too finicky, and the Komodo Dragon in the sandy area around the corner from where guests come in. The first time I tried this, it worked, the second time it didn't. I lost due to an 82 Guest Happiness. I had a Giftshop, Restaurant, Carousel and Animal Theater. Is this too much for the Guests? Are they just as happy with just the Restaurant and Giftshop and Carousel? Should I just give up on separate exhibits and make a mixed exhibits? What animals should I use? Are the Savannah animals the only ones good enough for a mixed exhibit?

Kim

Savannahjan

Is this that tiny L-shaped zoo? I think one restaurant is plenty. And the big horn sheep will do well there with just a bit of tweeking. You will need to add more elevation, if I remember correctly. Be sure to put the path right up next to the exhibits so that guests can see them and "get happy". I would have exhibits right up to the front gate, so guests can see them right away upon entering. You can use the zoo walls as the back of the exhibit, and build them in a line, connecting, so that they share one common wall, this will save money. Look for the cheapest animals to buy and just put one in each exhibit. And you don't have to use all the land at the top left area. You can also choose animals that don't need a lot of foliage, this will save $ too. Not sure what all will show up in the menu with CC, but if the rainforest restaurant is available, it is cheaper than the others.

genkicoll

**Topics merged**

Kim, try reading my tutorial on what to and not to do to keep guests happy. I think it will help you a lot.

As for this scenario, I recommend a mixed exhibit with bengals and white bengals. When the white bengals breed, you get a $$ bonus, and guests love their exhibit. Just remember, the more happy animals guests see, they happier the guests will be.

Jan,

Yes, and it has an area that is perpendicular to the entrance too. Either Lam or Ice Pengwyn posted two different screenshots of the zoo in case you want to look at the shape of the zoo. one other question: Genki mentioned a mixed exhibit with Bengals and White Bengals, but the Scenario calls for six different animal species, so will that work or are there other animals compatible with these tigers that I can stick in there with them?

Never mind. I had two mixed exhibts and two other exhibits. A pair of Okapis, one Javan Rhino, one Bengal Tiger, two White Bengal Tigers, two Clouded Leoaprds and two Black Leopards. My Okapi,White Bengals and Black Leopards all had babies. I had the Tigers in the middle of the zoo, the Leopards to the immediate right, the Okapi were in that one area that is parallel to the entrance and the Javan Rhino was in that sandy area. I won three awards. A Blue Ribbon and the Gold and Silver Plaque, plus the Emergency money and money for having Endadgered species babies.

Kim