• And 1
    • (Designer)Zarawatto
    • cadaverine
    • FaultierLP
    • bxdczoo

dwintl.dll

HeatherL

Something strange.

The path(?) in my computer is local disk c> program files X86>Microsoft games> Zoo Tycoon

Zoo Tycoon has always been the ONLY thing listed under Microsoft Games until 2 days ago.  Now there is also a folder called 1040 which contains dwintl.dll dated 5-16-01.

There are several similarly numbered/dated folders in Zoo Tycoon that contain dwintl.dll files, so I am wondering if 1040 somehow got moved into the wrong area.

Well I can tell you it is in Italian. I have it on mine along with others. So I looked at the 1033 one which is the English default. So these are all language files. I have Dungeon Siege loaded as well and it has these too. 1031 I know is German. 1028 is Chinese? 1036 French, 1041 Japanese, 1042 Korean, 1046 Portugese 3082 Spanish

It is an error report thing. It is an official Microsoft file so needs to be there.

1,     "Transferring report..."
7,     "Connecting to server"
8,     "Checking for status of this problem"
9,     "In order to correctly diagnose this problem, the following information is required:"
10,     "In order to correctly diagnose this problem, the following information and files are required:"
12,     "Please click \"Cancel\" if you do not wish to share this information."
13,     "Your files may contain sensitive information.  Please click \"Cancel\" if you do not wish to share this information."
20,     "&Cancel"
21,     "C&ontinue"
26,     "Error Details"
27,     "Reporting Details"
29,     "&Close"
30,     "Application"
31,     "Status"32,     "Running"
33,     "Not Responding"
34,     "Recovering"
35,     "Ending"
36,     "Restarting"
37,     "&Recover Application"
38,     "&Restart Application"

48,     "&Yes"
49,     "&No"
57,     "More information"
58,     "Thank you for taking the time to report this problem.\n\nPlease follow the link below for information which may prevent this problem in the future."

80,     "Thank you for taking the time to report this problem.  We apologize for the inconvenience this error has caused you.\n\nNo further information about this error is currently available."
83,     "Microsoft"
85,     "|0 is currently recovering your documents."
86,     "|0 is currently exiting."
88,     "Reporting stopped on user cancel.\n\nPlease follow the link below for information which may prevent this problem in the future."
91,     "We have detected a problem with your installation of the product. Repairing or reinstalling it may correct the problem."
92,     "|0 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."
93,     "click here."
94,     "For more information about this error,"

99,     "Error Reporting"
100,     "More Information"
101,     "&Send Error Report"
102,     "&Don't Send"
103,     "&Recover my work and restart |0"
104,     "&Restart |0"
105,     "&Repair my open database and restart |0"
106,     "The information you were working on might be lost.  |0 can try to recover it for you."
107,     "If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."
108,     "The information you were working on might be lost.  |0 can try to compact and repair your open database."
109,     "Please tell |0 about this problem."
110,     "We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve |0.  We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous."
111,     "To see what data this error report contains,"

etc.

So it isn't part of Zoo Tycoon? 

Should I just leave it alone or is there something I need to address?

Yes it is. It is in my game. Don't forget that ZT was sold everywhere so it will have language file things in it. I did have to use Administrator permission to copy it and get nosy as to what what in it. But considering the same set of files is also in Dungeon Siege I would say it is standard in all Microsoft games.

I have asked Jay to comment.

From Jay:

That date matches the 1040\dwintl.dll in my Zoo Tycoon folder. It sounds like she accidentally moved the 1040 folder out of the Zoo Tycoon folder. That is easy to do accidentally in MS Windows. Although it does not matter, to be consistent, she should move that 1040 back into the Zoo Tycoon folder, if there isn't one there already. "1040" is the code for messages in the Italian language. The dwintl.dll files are used by the program dw.exe that is in the Zoo Tycoon folder. MS created that program. "dw" stands for "Dr Watson". When ZT crashes, it runs the dw.exe program, which asks if a report should be sent to MS about the crash. Of course, ZT is an old program and MS wouldn't do anything with those reports now, assuming they ever did.

So I probably accidentally slid it out of the ZT folder.  I assume I should put it back.

Sorry, you & Jay were answering the question as I was typing it.  Thank you very much, you guys are life savers- or at least sanity!

That is what he said.

At least you haven't done what a friend did with Microsoft Office years ago. She managed to slide "help" somewhere so that Help did not work any more. lol They never did find where she slid it to.

I accidentally deleted Microsoft office once, but was able to find it and reinstall.  Whew :bloos1:

Particle

Um, if I may ask a random question fern, what are you doing with Dungeon Siege on your computer??? Are you modding it?  :)

I don''t have Dungeon Siege, apparently it's just a file type that ZT shares with Dungeon Siege.  I'm pretty computer illiterate but that's how I understood Fern & Jay's explanation.