ZooTycooner

• Vainon_ajat
    • pukkie
    • bxdczoo

dwintl.dll

HeatherL

Particle

yeah i get that part heather.  :)  

I was just wondering about the Dungeon Siege because I haven't even heard that name in years, and I used to love that game.  For example, I made a mod back then that was an unarmed combat mod, instead of weapons you would kick and punch.  Anyways, not important, just curious.

That's kinda cool.

VeganCannibalism
1 hour ago, Particle said:

yeah i get that part heather.  :)  

I was just wondering about the Dungeon Siege because I haven't even heard that name in years, and I used to love that game.  For example, I made a mod back then that was an unarmed combat mod, instead of weapons you would kick and punch.  Anyways, not important, just curious.

What a coincidence! I just recently reinstalled Dungeon Siege and started looking into modding it! (And have no idea what I'm doing :D)

Good to see someone else remembers it!

Have you ever tried going through it with only the mules? It is an interesting challenge. I used to be able to play the game where you played with others but on my own. MS broke that when they updated Windows. I did get to find and fight the chickens. I have all sorts of user games for that game.

I always wanted the skeletons and yellow spiders for ZT.

4 hours ago, Particle said:

Um, if I may ask a random question fern, what are you doing with Dungeon Siege on your computer??? Are you modding it?  :)

I have the original Dungeon Siege and its expansion. The only types of file they have in common with ZT are the dwintl.dll.

I have all the tools and lots of the tutorials somewhere for modding both scenarios and creatures. One area that was fascinating was underground where they had wooden tanks that moved and shot at you.

I got it because a friends teenage sone used to hold all night parties playing it with all their computers linked together - the LAN version? But I had noone my age to do that with.

I did have Dungeon Siege 2 but never really got into it.

I also have a lot of user made Tomb Raider games. They use TR4 mostly for modding that. That was another game I followed at the time. Still do. The community is still modding. They released over 20 levels in the last month.

Particle

That's really fun that both of you have that game installed, I haven't even thought about that game in so long (dungeon siege) but the main reason I was into it back in what, 2004?  It had a great mod scene.  I was a regular at some site (can't remember the name) that had forums, and the amount of people that were trying to make mods for it was pretty big.  Unfortunately at the time, there were more ideas for mods then actual completed mods.  If I remember right, I did upload some mods there but I don't think I have any of that stuff anymore.  Around the time Dungeon Siege 2 came out I got into playing WOW, so that was the end of that basically.  But what I remember about Dungeon Siege 1, (besides that it was a sort of boring game), was that it was really stable, seamless world, and you could mod like every little bit of it, from graphics and animations, to custom maps, skills, UI, etc.  That was pretty new back then, not too many other games in the genre allowed that sort of modding.

Anyways, thanks for that moment of nostalgia.   I might have to install it again myself, just for fun.  :)