• Most Online

Punki MeT
    Newest Member
    Punki MeT

• Hawkkeye666

Zoo Tycoon 2: Arabian Nights

genkicoll

genkicoll

I found an interesting topic at ZTUF about a new ZT2 Expansion. It is not being done by M$, but by some people called

Artifex. If you click on the link, it shows screenshots of some of the animals they will be releasing.

The information (and link) were found by Lynx of ZTUF at THIS link (on Wikipedia).

Animals that will be included are:

# Blanford's Fox

# Sindh Ibex

# Rock Hyrax

# Caspian Turtle

# Baluchistan Bear

# Arabian Horse

# Mugger Crocodile

# Sand Cat

# Caspian Seal

# Small Indian Gray Mongoose

# Smooth Otter

# Arabian Wolf

# Lesser Indian Civet

+ 7 to be announced

Foliage:

* Mangrove tree

* Anardana

* Neem tree

* Caper bush

* Harmal shrub

They're talking Autumn release. Even though it's not official content, this stuff looks beautiful! :o

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• Eragon845

• MDupont

• Jordan

Jordan

It does look great. It is nice that some things will work without having the other expansions. (Good for folks like me. Any word if Extinct Animals will include previous expansions or will it stand-alone like the others?) I didn't see anything on pricing. I assume it will be free? Can you legally sell user-made content for a game? In this case they are using some models from Civ IV so that would in theory be an IP (intellectual property) violation against two things (ZT2 and Civ). These signs would point to it being free. IP violations aren't my real concern, I'm just cheap. :P

genkicoll

Hahaha! :24: That's great, Jordan! :lol:

I have to agree, I'm hoping it's free, too :wink:

Luke

Lol the first thing that popped into my head when I read genkles post was "Baluchistan's not an Arab tregion!" (I'm very passionate about my pseudogeography lol) but moving on it all seems terribly interesting - thanks for sharing genks.

Wow, those look amazing and the models look like they will fit in well with the rest of the Zoo Tycoon 2 Models. I hope they make more expansion packs.

genkicoll

I just found some more information on Artifex:

"Artifex is a group of designers currently featuring Koala Komander, Mikaboshi, Nique, Penguinman, ShenTirag, and SilesianTomcat. They are committed to enhancing the Zoo Tycoon 2 experience with new and exciting content. They have joined forces together to create projects on a larger scale and are excited to bring their talent into the homes of ZT2 players across the globe."

Guest ShenTirag

Hi there! I am one of the designers in Artifex, and I can help answer any questions you may have! :) It most definitely will be free to download, alongside all the ahem, legal ramifications of selling user-made content, we simply do not want to alienate anyone who would like to play by charging money or handling an online payment system. We are also going to organise the pack so that if you do not own, say, Marine Mania, you can still play with the other parts of the pack that do not need it fine. Thank you for your comments and interest! :)

genkicoll

Well, I think it can be considered an expansion pack. That's all an expansion pack is, after all, a very big themed pack. I'd consider my brick theme and atlantia themes both expansions if I had working buildings to match (and I'm working on that :vishenka_34:)