Punki MeT

• MaastrichianFan
    • Goosifer
    • bxdczoo
    • (Admin)Cricket

Developer Mode placeable food

Apodemus

Z.Z.

I use Zoo Admins map editor, and the food is there in the menu.
I tried finding the link to it for you, but all I was able to find was Yellowroses instructions on how to use it, so here it is for you to download instead.

ZooAdminMapEditor.zip

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

I use Zoo Admins map editor, and the food is there in the menu.
I tried finding the link to it for you, but all I was able to find was Yellowroses instructions on how to use it, so here it is for you to download instead.

ZooAdminMapEditor.zip 219.49 kB · 0 downloads

Is this standalone or do I need anothet hack for it as well?

9 minutes ago, Apodemus said:

Is this standalone or do I need anothet hack for it as well?

I've tried different combinations of developerMapEditorHack.ztd, developerMenuHack.ztd and 1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd and none work.

1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd: no dev menu

1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd + developerMapEditorHack.ztd: no dev menu
1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd + developerMenuHack.ztd: scenery, rubble
developerMapEditorHack.ztd + developerMenuHack.ztd: zoo walls and entrances, scenery, rubble

1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd (renamed to ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd) + developerMenuHack.ztd: rubble
1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd (renamed to developerMapEditorHack.ztd) + developerMenuHack.ztd: scenery, rubble

It's interesting how they give different results depending on which combination and whixh name they have.

Can you maybe tell about the folder structure you're using, maybe that will help?

Savannahjan

You put it in your dlupdates folder and you will see the extra items at the top of the scenery menu.

I have a question about these extra food items.  I have placed them in my zoo, but the animals will not eat them, as if they are just for decorating and not actual food.  Can someone tell me if animals are supposed to actually eat it?

From Jay:

The download post for the Developer Map Editor Hack gives a lot of information:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5356.0

One thing it says: "The Developer Map Editor does not allow placing food because ZT would not actually use those objects as food."

ZT would not actually use food placed by the Zoo Admin map editor either. That is built into the ZT program itself rather than part of configuration. APExp 3.2 allows creating decorative scenery pieces using ZT's various hay and meat graphics, but those would just be scenery and not food that animals would use.

The download post also says: "For developerMapEditorHack.ztd, it should not be in any ZT folder (although it could be in a mapmaker-unused folder) at the same time that the Zoo Admin map editor is in a ZT folder."

The download post also has a section saying "Where To Put The ztd".

• Like 1

Z.Z.

I dont use any hack file at all, just the Zoo admin Map Editor in my dlupdates folder with the rest of my downloads.

I didnt realize that the food items were just scenery, thanks for that info Fern :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

I dont use any hack file at all, just the Zoo admin Map Editor in my dlupdates folder with the rest of my downloads.

I didnt realize that the food items were just scenery, thanks for that info Fern :)

And it works with just 1ZooAdminMapEditor.ztd in dlupdate? When I do that it won't display a dev menu.