Hawkkeye666

Hawkkeye666
On 5/2/2024 at 6:40 AM, MarkBL20 said:

Jokes aside

This is just what I needed

I can finally complete all the eared seals family

Nearly all missing are made:

otarids.jpg.bba34a56187d4cb47c3c6a0d2d9b9d0f.jpg

I am still working on this remake (for now, all species except Galapagos sea lion and Peruvian fur seal are made). I reworked crabeater and hooded seal (not on the picture) with different animations and now they look much better. Some unresolved issues I´d like to know your opinions on:

Compatibility of brown fur seal: for now, it´s compatible with Australian sea lion, but maybe compatibility with African penguin would be more interesting (this can work in real zoo only with one sex groups, without presence of fur seal males)?

Compatibility of largha seal: now it´s compatible with Borsato´s bearded seal, but maybe compatibility with Steller´s sea lion, northern fur seal and Japanese sea lion would be more interesting?

Still, if anyone has any idea about interesting environment or compatibility for Galapagos sea lion, I´m listening.

I made erect-crested penguin to be compatible with New Zealand fur seal. Should I also make Snares penguin, so all penguin species are available for ZT?

Talking about penguin species, divergence between eastern and western rockhopper penguins seem to be between 0.5 and more than 1 million years ago (based on two papers I read), so maybe I can make western rockhopper penguin (sometimes recognized as valid species, eastern rockhopper is Borsato´s rockhopper penguin)? Also, there seems to be quite deep divergence between gentoo penguin lineages, so if there is demand, I can make one more gentoo penguin species too (Demon Hunter made two gentoo penguins, Antarctic and subantarctic, I already made subantarctic).

Fiordland penguin: should I change its brood to 2? Fiordland penguins have the least egg dimorphism among Eudyptes species, and during years when food is abundant at least about 12 percent of them are able to bring up both chicks, so I think this percentage would be higher in zoo environment with perfect nutrition.

• Like 1

Hawkkeye666

New ungulates pack coming nicely.

Yard with domestic yak and black-necked crane.

yakcrane.jpg.373ee61a422ea279bf8f318cc21708d9.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
YoungerPrinceLothric

Can we expect any elephants in this new pack? 🙏🥺

• Like 1

And Carboniferous, Permian, also Triassic creatures that are not dinosaurs too plus even ancient crocodiles and Mesozoic mammals as well in these new seperate packs 🤣🙏

Don’t forget the river monsters and other freshwater fish also oceanic creatures and other deep sea creatures in these new seperate packs🥹👍

• 2 weeks later...
Hawkkeye666
On 7/10/2024 at 6:50 PM, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

Can we expect any elephants in this new pack? 🙏🥺

Elephants aren´t ungulates. Just near ungulates. So none are planned. For now.

I scraped some ideas lately, because I still can´t figure out the bug (or maybe just ingame limit) that force me to have only fixed amount of animals ingame (1k something). So I am not adding new animals, because I want to have them all at once.

But there are quite a few packs that I still haven´t released, I am just quite busy these days. I´ll probably start releasing animals again about autumn.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:55 PM, Luz21 said:

And Carboniferous, Permian, also Triassic creatures that are not dinosaurs too plus even ancient crocodiles and Mesozoic mammals as well in these new seperate packs 🤣🙏

Don’t forget the river monsters and other freshwater fish also oceanic creatures and other deep sea creatures in these new seperate packs🥹👍

I don´t plan many extinct animals (except recently extinct), but new fishes will be released, and I think there are solid amount of them.

5 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

I scraped some ideas lately, because I still can´t figure out the bug (or maybe just ingame limit) that force me to have only fixed amount of animals ingame (1k something). So I am not adding new animals, because I want to have them all at once.

It is an ingame limit. Each menu can only have a set number of things in it. Jay did work it out at some point so I will send him a message asking.

From Jay: "Zoo Tycoon 1 Limits And Suggested Solutions" is at DG and ZKL. For DG:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=4514.0

The relevant sections are "LIMIT: Total number of things in a single purchase menu.", which is no more than 3000 in any single menu, and 'LIMIT: Total number of user things that do not use ".dll" files.', which is probably no more than 3000 user made things in all menus put together.

• 3 weeks later...
Hawkkeye666
On 7/26/2024 at 1:58 PM, Fern said:

From Jay: "Zoo Tycoon 1 Limits And Suggested Solutions" is at DG and ZKL. For DG:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=4514.0

The relevant sections are "LIMIT: Total number of things in a single purchase menu.", which is no more than 3000 in any single menu, and 'LIMIT: Total number of user things that do not use ".dll" files.', which is probably no more than 3000 user made things in all menus put together.

Nope, that´s not the problem. We had the same conversation before, it starts here, page 115 of this topic. I have quite fewer than 3k items ingame.

On 4/6/2024 at 12:15 AM, Hawkkeye666 said:

I´ll change it eventually, probably also with changing name of Indian muntjac, taxonomy of which also changed.

Sharpening textures looks great in ZT - eastern bongo:

bongo.jpg.69bb43f53236e68297607bdcfadb875c.jpg

in awe of how good all these look!

• Like 2