Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

I am trying to do some animals for ZT1 using animals from ZT2 (using Hendrix´s tutorial, scripts and Blender).

But... I had some problems.

For now:

After importing models, some models do not work - I tried to do some animals from Hendrix´s signature, and some do not show in Blender at all (Quetzal, Tuatara), some without texture (Red Ruffed Lemur). After some trying, I finally found animal that showed in Blender - Rock Hyrax. But... From where can I import animations for it (eat, run, walk, etc.)? How can I find which skeleton is this little rascal using?

PS: I know that these are probably very dumb questions, but I am practically new at modeling. Thank you for patience and answers.

I finally made ZT1 sprites according to Hendrix´s video!!!

I was so proud on myself. It was meerkat. It was so small it could not be even seen properly in ZT1. So... I am gonna continue. With something bigger.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Savannahjan

Keep going, Hawkkeye!

Yes, I labour on and on. I am now trying to do Hendrix´s Owston´s palm civet, and it went well - until I put animations into .ztd file. Now, it looks like this (pic in attachment). Does anyone know what to do? I do not want my civet to look like something from 80s disco party.

*** pic removed 20210617

• Like 1

Ok, it is weird. Now, Blender does not even do files properly, only .bmp images when I render all sprites, and when I want to generate color palette, I get this error (attachment). After trying few things, I am completely lost.

*** file removed 20210617

Savannahjan

Hmmm, a disco civet, an interesting concept. :tongue:  I hope Fern will see this and she & Jay can come to the rescue for you.  She is having electrical issues at her house, so may not be around for a bit.  If you don't see her here or she doesn't reply, slip her a PM and I'm sure she will reply once she is around.

If I add animations in the APE editor manually, everything is ok. But... Do you know how to flip horizontally many images at once (like in mirror)? Hendrix´s script doesn´t do NW, SW and W view of animation, so I have to do that pic by pic - that is incredibly time consuming (23 pics for every view, civet has 17 animation sets... And the same for young one...).

So... APE is doing rotating animations by itself. Which I learned after 4 hours of manually rotating pics. I am quite dumb.

But... I have civet in my zoo and you do not!

*** file removed 20210617

From Jay: As for the question from Hawkeye, it sounds like they resolved the earlier question by loading the frames manually into APE. As for the most recent question, although it is possible to use GIMP to flip a lot of images at once, that does not have to be done. NW, SW, and W views should not be created for ZT animals. Only E, N, NE, S, and SE views should be created for ZT animals. ZT automatically flips the E, NE , and SE views to create the W, NW, and SW views.

• Thanks 1