Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

Hawkkeye666

Here is little pic of my progress:1512377048_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.45af65f95c3b40a1031f510b2231c596.jpg

back row: southern black korhaan, blue crane, red-flanked duiker, bluebuck, meerkat, yellow-backed duiker, zebra duiker. 

front row: springhare, walia ibex, bezoar goat, bharal, veiled chameleon, rock hyrax, owston´s palm civet. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

From Jay: For hawkkeyesanimals8, uca2post and checkuca do not show any errors. In one animation folder, 2 views have different animation speeds than the other 3 views, but that would be minor. It did not show any frame count mismatches. I probably should do a more thorough review of the animals.

Concerning configuring land animals for size of poo, the default is regular size poo, such as what is shown for the zebras. To use smaller poo, "cSmallZoodoo = 1" should be added to the Characteristics/Integers section in the uca. For dinosaur poo, "cDinoZoodoo = 1" should be added to the Characteristics/Integers section in the uca. There are 3 sizes of dinisaur poo. For the largest dinosaurs, both "cDinoZoodoo = 1" and "GiantZoodoo = 1" should be added to the Characteristics/Integers section in the uca. For the smallest dinosaurs, both "cDinoZoodoo = 1" and "cSmallZoodoo = 1" should be added to the Characteristics/Integers section in the uca. For medium size dinosaurs, only "cDinoZoodoo = 1" should be added to the Characteristics/Integers section in the uca. It is possible to have the young have different size poo than the adults. The Apatosaurus has "cDinoZoodoo = 1" and "GiantZoodoo = 1" in the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section and "cGiantZoodoo = 0" in the [y/Characteristics/Integers] section. All versions of APE will copy these lines from whatever animal was used as a base. So in some cases these lines might need to be deleted instead of added to get the desired size of poo.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666

Thanks! That´s all I ever wanted to know about ZT poo.

I know that my first animals are mess - but rest of them should be in much better shape regarding errors and mismatches (I did all animations by Hendrix´s script, so no mismatches in animation counts or speed, I did only minimal amount of saving in APE, so no or little APE mistakes made by its interference, and I erase unnecessary lines according to your post). And all of them are practically done, just a few little things to do remain (foliage preferences for red-flanked duiker, liking burrows for springhare, correcting .uca files in bezoar goat´s young, etc.)

• Like 1

Truly_happy

Your animals are beautiful.

• Like 1

Hawkkeye666
47 minutes ago, Truly_happy said:

Your animals are beautiful.

Thank you for kind words - it is good to see that people are interesed in them. Little correction: Aurora Designs animals (especially Hendrix´s) are beautiful. 

I am just their humble converter.

• Like 2

Savannahjan

Wow, what a beautiful collection of animals!  Great work Hawkkeye. 

Hawkkeye666

Shared exhibit with Taz´s Roe Deer and my Red Squirrel:

1303880149_Novrastrovobrzek(2).jpg.d432b9287a32718b9a0b5768242f98d7.jpg

About environment, I quite often make animals compatible with others, be it ingame or animals by ZT designers (now especially Borsato´s, also Genkicoll´s and Taz´s, and I plan to make some fish compatible with Khaydar´s fishes).

When I pick animals to be compatible, it is because in zoos, shared exhibits are quite common, and I pick animals that are sympatric in wild at least on one location. I mostly choose animals that are kept in the same exhibit in real life zoos, but sometimes, if this is so, some other measures are needed (for example, blue cranes are kept in zoos with a lot African animals, but they should be separated for breeding, because they are very aggressive during that period, especially if they are kept with smaller species or in small exhibits).

For now, compatibility list goes:

Southern Black Korhaan, Blue Crane, Bluebuck, Springhare: Borsato´s Quagga, ingame Ostrich

Meerkat: Borsato´s Aardwark, ingame African Warthog

Yellow-Backed Duiker: ingame Okapi

Zebra Duiker: ingame Bongo

Walia Ibex: Borsato´s Gelada

Bezoar Goat: Borsato´s European Mouflon

Bharal: Borsato´s Wild Yak, ingame Markhor

Ocellated Turkey: Genkicoll´s Keel-Billed Toucan

Red Squirrel: Taz´s Eurasian Roe Deer

What do you think? It is good idea, or do you prefer more specific environment for ZT animals?

Do you have any ideas about other animals you think should be compatible?

• Love 3

I often make mixed exhibits. ZT made several animals compatible with each other, but didn't make their requirements exactly the same, so they never have 100% suitability. I'm very happy that you are doing this. People that want separate exhibits can still do that, but the option to have highly suitable mixed exhibits is there- the best of both worlds. I'm also very excited that you are including Taz's animals in this endeavor. She is one of my favorites and I always have her animals in my zoos.  The little red squirrel is adorable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666
On 3/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, HeatherL said:

I often make mixed exhibits. ZT made several animals compatible with each other, but didn't make their requirements exactly the same, so they never have 100% suitability. I'm very happy that you are doing this. People that want separate exhibits can still do that, but the option to have highly suitable mixed exhibits is there- the best of both worlds. I'm also very excited that you are including Taz's animals in this endeavor. She is one of my favorites and I always have her animals in my zoos.  The little red squirrel is adorable.

Thanks for opinion, I agree. I have some ideas about interesting mixed exhibits - now I am reading this: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5302324de4b07a6f6407cbb5/t/593b2d5503596e06e974de37/1497050667464/AZA+Ungulate+TAGs+Mixed. I adore Taz´s animals. They are probably the very best ever made for ZT1 - there´s no difference between them and ingame animals. Squirrels are very cute, you are right, but... Let´s say, that they need some management. 336016993_toomanysquirrels.jpg.f9fc08d87eb672dca8f7d887afe424d4.jpg

And here is .ztd with 5 new animals, without any issues I know of (and probably without any major issue, I have bred them for some time).

Southern Black Korhaan, Red Squirrel, Tasmanian Pademelon, Red Ruffed Lemur, Bharal.

WARNING: you need Dinosaur Digs, korhaan eats Insect Chow. Also, Red Ruffed Lemur is using Borsato´s modified location files - its location is Madagascar, which is not ingame. If you do not have that file, just open .ztd in winrar, open hwrrlem.uca in notepad and change line cLocation from cLocation = 2952 to cLocation = 9600

1506666795_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.3afeadd6d42a0f6178a0fe35d4a544ff.jpg

Enjoy! And let me know if you encounter any issues. At least another 2 files, each with 5 animals are coming.

*** file removed 20210617

• Like 1

hwbhaan.uca date: Sat Mar 13 10:23:30 2021
*** Warning: uca/ai file contains the word 'Undefined'.
Animal Type: Hwbhaan

Southern Black Korhaan

hwrrlem.uca date: Sun Mar 14 20:40:22 2021
*** Warning: cPrefIconID 7059 is not in [cSuitableObjects] with value > 0.
Animal Type: hwrrlem

Red Ruffed Lemur

• Thanks 1