Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

Hawkkeye666
2 hours ago, dewetswild@yahoo.co.za said:

Hawkkeye, I am really so appreciative of your work!

Thanks to you my goal of having a reasonably complete collection of African animals, especially the antelopes, for the zoos my son and I build together since the start of the COVID pandemic is a few steps closer.

Many of the animals previously available for download was only re-colours of ingame animals and thus not true to life. You've given me hope that one day the various subspecies of giraffe, the savanna and forest elephants, mountain and grevy zebras, black wildebeest, common and giant eland, roan antelope, springbok, bushbuck, common waterbuck, kob, puku, lechwe, grey rhebok, red hartebeest, lichtenstein hartebeest, different gazelle's (like Grant's), suni, oribi, steenbok, klipspringer, grysbok, dikdik, common duiker, blue duiker, and so many others will all have their rightful place in our zoos.

Thank you again!

Thank you! I am glad that you like my animals. Some of the ungulates you´ve written are on my list of animals I want to make. For now, I am not able to use .nif files for animal making (that quite limits me), but I hope I will get on it in future.

I have to agree, wonderful work. Thank you!

I found a silver dik dik in Tamara Henson's Countries of the World-Somalia collection. I'm especially fond of the African animals, myself.

I haven't been on the forum for the 2 months and you just popped up out of nowhere with such impressive projects! I am definitely in favour of more animals any day any time. Keep up the great work.

And the fact that you manage to learn how to do these so quickly deserve separate praises, too!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666
13 hours ago, VNDragonV2 said:

I haven't been on the forum for the 2 months and you just popped up out of nowhere with such impressive projects! I am definitely in favour of more animals any day any time. Keep up the great work.

And the fact that you manage to learn how to do these so quickly deserve separate praises, too!

Thank you very much:) Making animals is relatively easy, especially when Hendrix has done most of the work, and also tutorial. And even with that I needed a lot of help, especially from Borsato and Fern. I am generally not very good at learning new skills.

Also, I am just converting animals of those who have made them, and they deserve real praise.

It is good to read that people like my animals, two bigger packs (bats and birds) are coming, also with more or less regular 5 animals packs. 

22 hours ago, HeatherL said:

I have to agree, wonderful work. Thank you!

I found a silver dik dik in Tamara Henson's Countries of the World-Somalia collection. I'm especially fond of the African animals, myself.

I checked that one, and it has .nif model. For now, I don´t know how to work with them without distorting skeleton, but thanks to Borsato I have some basic guideline how to convert them.

When I learn how to manage .nif models, dikdik will be among first animals I make.

I think people like African animals because there is possibility of mixed exhibits. Because in modern zoos, mixed exhibits are very common, a lot of my new animals will be compatible with ingame animals, animals already released by  designers, or together. For example, now I am working on South-American animals, for exhibit simulating Andean montane forest.

Do you want sometimes more preview of what I am working on, or do you like to be suprised when it is released?

• Love 1

I like previews. :post-8-0-19938100-1501430326:

Hawkkeye666

So, here is Andean exhibit. Can you recognize animals?

2129403674_andeanexhibit.jpg.c260e2b5360be4175f938294328e2b1e.jpg

Hawkkeye666
3 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Is the little grey one a chinchilla?

Yep, a long-tailed one.

• Love 3

On 4/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

So, here is Andean exhibit. Can you recognize animals?

2129403674_andeanexhibit.jpg.c260e2b5360be4175f938294328e2b1e.jpg

The larger animal looks like a Northern pudu to me.