Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

Hawkkeye666
On 3/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, Fern said:

From Jay: When I placed one of the animals in a tank, it was visible, although sometimes it took a second. When it appeared, it would appear at a random depth, so there was some distance between the mouse arrow and where it was. However, it could become invisible whenever it surfaced. That is partly because of where the animations were loaded and partly because of the uca files. The uca files have lines such as "surfidle = usurfswi" and "surfswim = usurfswi" instead of ""surfidle = surfswim" and "surfswim = surfswim". The Animations sections also have duplicate lines and other unnecessary lines. The behavior sets are missing sections such as [BehaviorSet\bEat], among others. And there are incorrect behavior sets. I assume these animals should work like ZT's tuna, but with some adjustments since these have fewer animations. So this is probably what the Animations sections should look like:

[m/Animations]
box_idle = objects/aquabox/idle/idle.ani
box_used = objects/aquabox/used/used.ani
dive = subswim
dustball = objects/dustcld/idle/idle.ani
idle = subswim
rise = subswim
subidle = subswim
submerged_2_sick = subswim
submerged_eat = subeat
submerged_sick = subsick
submergedball = objects/subcld/subc/subc.ani
subswim = subswim
surface_2_sick = surfswim
surface_sick = surfsick
surface_thrash = surftrsh
surfaceball = objects/surfcld/surfc/surfc.ani
surfidle = surfswim
surfswim = surfswim
under2surfsic = usurfswi
undersurfc = objects/surfcld/usurfc/usurfc.ani
undersurfsick = usurfsic
undersurfswim = usurfswi
undersurftrsh = usurftrs
walk = subswim
waterball = objects/watcloud/idle/idle.ani

"keeper," should not be used in behavior sets for tank animals. So the following behavior sets should look like this:

[BehaviorSet\bSurfswim]
f = fWalk(surface,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSurfdive]
f = fWalk(dive,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSurfloor]
f = fWalk(floor,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSubswim]
f = fWalk(level,0)

[BehaviorSet\bRisesurf]
f = fWalk(surface,0)

[BehaviorSet\bRise]
f = fWalk(rise,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSubdive]
f = fWalk(dive,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSubfloordive]
f = fWalk(floor,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSurfsleep]
f = fWalk(surface,0)

[BehaviorSet\bSubsleep]
f = fWalk(level,0)

uca files need fDie. So the following behavior sets should look like this:

[BehaviorSet\bSurfdie]
f = fPlayWithSound(surface_2_sick,2surfsic)
f = fPlay(surface_sick)
f = fDie()

[BehaviorSet\bSubdie]
f = fPlayWithSound(submerged_2_sick,2subsick)
f = fPlay(submerged_sick)
f = fDie()

Behavior sets related to catching guests or prey should have tank related lines for tank animals. So the following behavior sets should look like this:

[BehaviorSet\bCaughtGuest]
f = fPlaySetTerrain(bcgland,bcgwater,bcgsurf,bcgsub)

[BehaviorSet\bCaughtPrey]
f = fDustBall()
f = fPlaySetTank(bAcsurf,bAcsub)

In addition to the existing behavior sets, the following would be needed:

[BehaviorSet\bSurftrsh]
f = fMoveWithSound(surface,0,surface_thrash,66,surfaceball)

[BehaviorSet\bSleep]
f = fPlaySetTank(bSurfsleep,bSubsleep)

[BehaviorSet\bEat]
f = fMoveWithSound(level,1,submerged_eat,66,submergedball)

[BehaviorSet\bSick]
f = fPlaySetTank(bSurfsick,bSubsick)

[BehaviorSet\bDie]
f = fPlaySetTank(bSurfdie,bSubdie)

[m\BehaviorSet\bcgland]
f = fPlayTime(stand,4)

Since there is no "cStaySick = 1" line, the [m\BehaviorSet\bSurfDoneSick] and [m\BehaviorSet\bSubDoneSick] sections can be removed.

The only animation that has both an above water animation and a below water animation is surfsick/usurfsic of the remora. So ideally, whatever was done for that should be done for the other surface animations. But if not, the surfswim animations should be switched with usurfswi, the surftrsh animations should be switched with usurftrs, and, for the koi, the surfsick animations should be switched with usurfsic. That way the body is under the water at the surface instead of being completely above the water. For the remora surfsick, most of the body is above the water and a small part of the body is below the water. Most likely, that should be reversed, so its surfsick animations should be switched with usurfsi

Ok, I have done it, and behaviour seems to be all right. How can I switch animations? When I copied usurfic, usurswi and usurtrs animation folders out of .ztd, renamed them  to to surfsick, surfswim and surftrsh, modified their .ini files to be the same as surfsick, surfswim and surftrsh, and then put them back in, I ended with invisible remora when swimming on the surface.

From Jay: The step mentioned are not all of the steps. There are a number of ways to swap animations. Some ways are quick, but are confusing. The most straight-forward way is to use Zoot or ZT Studio to load the animation frames where they should be. For whatever way I use, I would extract the entire ztd, rather than just parts of the ztd. Using the renaming way, I would rename the surfswim folder to surfswim-temp, rename the usurfswi folder to surfswim, rename the surfswim-temp folder to usurfswi, rename surfswim/usurfswi.ani to surfswim/surfswim.ani, change "dir3 = usurfswi" to "dir3=surfswim" in this file, rename usurfswi/surfswim.ani to usurfswi/usurfswi.ani, and change "dir3 = surfswim" to "dir3=usurfswi" in this file.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666
20 hours ago, Fern said:

From Jay: The step mentioned are not all of the steps. There are a number of ways to swap animations. Some ways are quick, but are confusing. The most straight-forward way is to use Zoot or ZT Studio to load the animation frames where they should be. For whatever way I use, I would extract the entire ztd, rather than just parts of the ztd. Using the renaming way, I would rename the surfswim folder to surfswim-temp, rename the usurfswi folder to surfswim, rename the surfswim-temp folder to usurfswi, rename surfswim/usurfswi.ani to surfswim/surfswim.ani, change "dir3 = usurfswi" to "dir3=surfswim" in this file, rename usurfswi/surfswim.ani to usurfswi/usurfswi.ani, and change "dir3 = surfswim" to "dir3=usurfswi" in this file.

Thanks, it seems to work, just when you click on animal, the arrow pointing at it is sometimes in weird position.

Corrected version of my marine animals is uploaded in my post on page 7.

Question: I made a Himalayan Monal. I am thinking about its compatibility - which animal do you think is the best to share exhibit with it?

1.) Ingame Markhor, Borsato´s Wild Yak and my Bharal

2.) Borsato´s Chiru

3.) Borsato´s Chinese Pangolin.

I was also thinking about Vondell´s Red Panda, but they could be quite aggressive to small animals, and sometimes harass or kill and consume birds and young of small ungulates such as muntjacs when they are kept in the same exhibit.

1314461242_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.a1ee23e7ca46513d6b5c1b05a4810624.jpg

3 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Thanks, it seems to work, just when you click on animal, the arrow pointing at it is sometimes in weird position.

From Jay: That is common for user made animals. For various reasons, none of the image loading tools position the images properly. Most designers do not worry about it. But sometimes an animal does not look correct when standing at the entrance of a shelter or when using a toy. Then adjusting the positions might be worthwhile. But it is a lot of effort. Zoot allows adjusting positions frame by frame for an animation view. So the first frame can be adjusted so that it is centered in Zoot's grid tile, remembering how much it was adjusted in each direction. Then those same adjustments can be done for the rest of the frames in the same animation view. For example, if the first frame is lowered 10 pixels and moved to the right 4 pixels, then all the other frames for that animation view must also be lowered 10 pixels and moved to the right 4 pixels. Also, animations usually have to flow naturally from other animations for the same view. So sometimes the adjustments have to take that into account.

I assume the compatibility question is for those that play ZT rather than for me.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666

And another update. Hope you´ll like it.

459440792_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.ee0f029609f192aef161b09d49da149c.jpg

Animals: Common Peafowl, Walia Ibex, Veiled (Yemen) Chameleon, Brown-Throated Sloth, Brown Moray Eel.

update to compatibility guide:

Blue-Throated Sloth: ingame Great Anteater, Taz´s Giant Armadillo, Genkicoll´s Toco Toucan, Borsato´s South American Coati, Borsato´s Hoatzin, Khaydar´s Southern Anteater. 

Brown Moray Eel: ingame Atlantic Swordfish, ingame Bluefin Tuna, Khaydar´s Ocean Sunfish, Borsato´s Blue Marlin.

Of course you need Dinosaur Digs (chameleon eats insect chow) and Marine Mania (for Moray Eel).

*** file removed 20210617

21 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Question: I made a Himalayan Monal. I am thinking about its compatibility - which animal do you think is the best to share exhibit with it?

1.) Ingame Markhor, Borsato´s Wild Yak and my Bharal

2.) Borsato´s Chiru

3.) Borsato´s Chinese Pangolin.

I vote for the Pangolin.  :-)

Hawkkeye666
On 4/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, HeatherL said:

I vote for the Pangolin.  :-)

And your wish is my order... 646046895_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.cd2d8568ebb905890be6258275a6ed27.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hawkkeye666

And new antelopes. Hartebeest for South African exhibit (I think Springbok and White-Tailed Wildebeest would be in order, too), and Topi compatible with ingame Thomson´s Gazelles and Borsato´s Gerenuk.

1125799396_southafricanexhibit.jpg.75c635f917ebbd86817d267f212e92cc.jpg

• Like 2

Hawkkeye666

New update! 876059744_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.a3dfd011250e1c5bbecb13b6a620fd77.jpg

Topi, Hartebeest, Marbled Cat, Himalayan Monal, Scalloped Hammerhead.

Compatibility:

Topi: ingame Thomson´s Gazelle, Borsato´s Gerenuk.

Hartebeest: Ingame Ostrich, Borsato´s Quagga, my Bluebuck, Springhare, Southern Black Korhaan, Blue Crane.

Himalayan Monal: Borsato´s Chinese Pangolin.

Don´t you know of any good looking aviary for ZT1? My next project is a little bigger, and, let´s say, it will be best promoted with an aviary.

*** file removed 20210617

• Love 3

Hawkkeye, I am really so appreciative of your work!

Thanks to you my goal of having a reasonably complete collection of African animals, especially the antelopes, for the zoos my son and I build together since the start of the COVID pandemic is a few steps closer.

Many of the animals previously available for download was only re-colours of ingame animals and thus not true to life. You've given me hope that one day the various subspecies of giraffe, the savanna and forest elephants, mountain and grevy zebras, black wildebeest, common and giant eland, roan antelope, springbok, bushbuck, common waterbuck, kob, puku, lechwe, grey rhebok, red hartebeest, lichtenstein hartebeest, different gazelle's (like Grant's), suni, oribi, steenbok, klipspringer, grysbok, dikdik, common duiker, blue duiker, and so many others will all have their rightful place in our zoos.

Thank you again!