Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

Hawkkeye666

Little preview of my bird pack.

birds.jpg.c8c597ab307ce0bb59f3bedda47f92d3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Hawkkeye666

And while working on bird pack (probably will be released this weekend, or shortly after) I still occasionaly throw some armadillos around. And not just them.

macraucheniaexhibit.jpg.e9dc6c3a35d73f68326e6fabf39192fc.jpg

• Like 1

I have a request for you. I just had a pm from PollyPocketFan79 asking for this: There's only one animal I'd want for an animal mod of a Yellow-Throated Marten (particularly with the population that lives in the Rainforest in Indonesia for habitat) for Zoo Tycoon 1. I'm wanting to make a rainforest zoo (since I like making Theme Zoos) and I think it could make a great addition. Do you know anyone here that can make this forum like it could be done in like 2-4 weeks. This is my animal request because I'm not good a making animal mods. Here's a picture and information about the Yellow-Throated Marten https://sustain.round.glass/species/yellow-throated-marten/.

Looking at the picture it looks like a lovely animal. Any chance there is one out there you could convert to ZT1 format?

Hawkkeye666
6 hours ago, Fern said:

I have a request for you. I just had a pm from PollyPocketFan79 asking for this: There's only one animal I'd want for an animal mod of a Yellow-Throated Marten (particularly with the population that lives in the Rainforest in Indonesia for habitat) for Zoo Tycoon 1. I'm wanting to make a rainforest zoo (since I like making Theme Zoos) and I think it could make a great addition. Do you know anyone here that can make this forum like it could be done in like 2-4 weeks. This is my animal request because I'm not good a making animal mods. Here's a picture and information about the Yellow-Throated Marten https://sustain.round.glass/species/yellow-throated-marten/.

Looking at the picture it looks like a lovely animal. Any chance there is one out there you could convert to ZT1 format?

Actually, with fisher and tayra, this is one of non-badger and non-otter mustelids I want to make. I found good model: https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Yellow-throated_Marten_(Tamara_Henson)

I will make my account there and try it (or you can download it and send it here, I think it will be quicker, if you have account).

But...  I still do not know how to convert .nif models without distorting skeleton, so there is solid possibility that I would not be able to make it (most ZT2 designers make their models in .nif. This is why most of my animals are made by about 5 designers and 2 bigger designer teams who generally use .bfb models).

You could try re-texturing a related species (ex. beech marten, pine marten) that is in a .bfb format.

Hawkkeye666
14 hours ago, mjmannella said:

You could try re-texturing a related species (ex. beech marten, pine marten) that is in a .bfb format.

Maybe I can use Yellow-Throated Marten texture over some different model, maybe ZT2 meerkat? I am no designer, so maybe I just wrote stupid, but I think it would be possible. Also, there is converting method using two versions of Blender to convert .nif to .bfb and use it in 2.78 Blender. I know basics, but I always end with bfb with distorted skeleton. But there are more options to choose from while converting .nif, so I need to try them, with different combinations. I am sure it works, both Borsato and Khaydar were using .nif models to make animals. And because I am running out of .bfb models, I would prefer to learn this.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:54 AM, Fern said:

Can you download that marten and send it me here, please? I tried to make an account there, but it keep telling me that I already have an account registered on my email (which is possible, I played ZT2 a long time ago), but when I want them to send my password to my email, nothing arrives (nope, not even to my spam folder).

EDIT: here is the link: https://forumsclub.com/forums/41109-countries-of-the-world-pakistan-remake/?ct=1619254826

1 hour ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Maybe I can use Yellow-Throated Marten texture over some different model, maybe ZT2 meerkat? I am no designer, so maybe I just wrote stupid, but I think it would be possible. Also, there is converting method using two versions of Blender to convert .nif to .bfb and use it in 2.78 Blender. I know basics, but I always end with bfb with distorted skeleton. But there are more options to choose from while converting .nif, so I need to try them, with different combinations. I am sure it works, both Borsato and Khaydar were using .nif models to make animals. And because I am running out of .bfb models, I would prefer to learn this.

Can you download that marten and send it me here, please? I tried to make an account there, but it keep telling me that I already have an account registered on my email (which is possible, I played ZT2 a long time ago), but when I want them to send my password to my email, nothing arrives (nope, not even to my spam folder).

EDIT: here is the link: https://forumsclub.com/forums/41109-countries-of-the-world-pakistan-remake/?ct=1619254826

You might have better luck asking on the ZT2 Roundtable, which is pretty much the most active ZT2 forum (most discussion has moved to various Discord servers.

I'll DM you the marten download.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666
5 hours ago, mjmannella said:

You might have better luck asking on the ZT2 Roundtable, which is pretty much the most active ZT2 forum (most discussion has moved to various Discord servers.

I'll DM you the marten download.

Thanks. I will try it. I have zero experience with 3D modeling, so there is probably something obvious I am missing while converting. I found some articles/forums to read about .nif and/or .bfb, but I postponed learning it, because... You probably know. Making animals is more fun than learning how to do it (at least for me), and I have had a few .bfbs to work with.   

• Like 1