Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

You have some tweaking to do. This post might help http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=9318.0

Results From Configuration Checking:

5660fe14.uca date: Thu Feb 25 21:15:42 2021
*** Warning: The [] section is unnecessary and could be removed.
*** Warning: cSlowRate setting is greater than cMediumRate setting.
*** Warning: Sum of family, genus, and animal id/type values are < 0.
Animal Type: 5660FE14

Owston´s Palm Civet

6b8b3033.uca date: Thu Feb 25 21:15:50 2021
Animal Type: 6B8B3033

Meerkat

On 2/26/2021 at 3:40 AM, Fern said:

You have some tweaking to do. This post might help http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=9318.0

5660fe14.uca date: Thu Feb 25 21:15:42 2021
*** Warning: cSlowRate setting is greater than cMediumRate setting.
Animal Type: 5660FE14

Owston´s Palm Civet

6b8b3033.uca date: Thu Feb 25 21:15:50 2021
Animal Type: 6B8B3033

Meerkat

Thanks, when I solve my problems with .nif scripts and Blender addons, I will try to understand and correct it. But those errors are probably not big, because animals work in my zoo fine. 

EDIT: slow and medium rates of Owston´s palm civet are corrected. Edited .ztd is in attachment.

And back to animals: I always thought that duikers are criminally underepresented among ZT1 animals. So, here they are, zebra duiker and yellow backed duiker, one compatible with okapi, other with bongo. In attachment is new version of my .ztd, with old animals + duikers.

*** files removed 20210617

This does need to be fixed:

953f3c0f.uca date: Sat Feb 27 00:29:10 2021
*** Warning: cPrefIconID 7015 is not in [cSuitableObjects] with value > 0.
Animal Type: 953F3C0F

Zebra Duiker

On 2/27/2021 at 3:59 AM, Fern said:

This does need to be fixed:

953f3c0f.uca date: Sat Feb 27 00:29:10 2021
*** Warning: cPrefIconID 7015 is not in [cSuitableObjects] with value > 0.
Animal Type: 953F3C0F

Zebra Duiker

This is weird. According to that link you posted before, it means that prefered object is not liked by the animal. But... Prefered object for zebra duiker is elephant ear tree, as is for bongo. This shows in game in animal purchase menu and they show smiley faces when that tree is put into their exhibit.

I think I am missing something.

EDIT: Their prefered object has ID 7015. In suitable objects, 7015 has positive value of 12. So I think that there is no error. Or maybe that line could be explained by some other way I do not know of, I am still pretty new at animal making.

EDIT 2: it´s even weirder. While version of that .ztd I have in my pc is showing correct values, version I posted here yesterday were showing -7 value. I changed nothing since I posted .ztd here in zebra duiker, just corrected slowrates for civet. Corrected version of .ztd is in attachments of this post.

*** file removed 20210617

• Love 1

Rock hyrax is coming:

Hi to all,

here is the newest version of my animals. All problems reported by Fern should be corrected, but I have learnt that APE does a lot of weird mistakes sometimes, especially changing values of favourite foliage while saving, so maybe there are some relicts of saving .ztds in it (but nothing game crashing or performance slowing). You need Dinosaur Digs expansion, meerkat and civet eat insect chow.

Animals: Rock Hyrax, Meerkat, Yelow-Backed Duiker, Zebra Duiker, Owston´s Palm Civet:

1459572363_Novrastrovobrzek(2).jpg.69d8266a920ad13f1c892043191ed851.jpg

To Fern: how do you control those .ztds? If you have some program to do it, which is it, please? I want to post single .ztds of animals to downloads here, but I want to check them, because I saved them quite a few times in APE before I knew that it could make errors.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Looking good.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:22 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

Hi to all,

here is the newest version of my animals. All problems reported by Fern should be corrected, but I have learnt that APE does a lot of weird mistakes sometimes, especially changing values of favourite foliage while saving, so maybe there are some relicts of saving .ztds in it (but nothing game crashing or performance slowing). You need Dinosaur Digs expansion, meerkat and civet eat insect chow.

Animals: Rock Hyrax, Meerkat, Yelow-Backed Duiker, Zebra Duiker, Owston´s Palm Civet:

To Fern: how do you control those .ztds? If you have some program to do it, which is it, please? I want to post single .ztds of animals to downloads here, but I want to check them, because I saved them quite a few times in APE before I knew that it could make errors.

Which version are you using? You should use APExp3.2. You should also be using Zoot. Fixing things like the warnings and errors should not be done in APE but in notepad.

The thing with ape is you need to close if after each animal and restart it for the next animal. 

Jay says there are a number of other problems you need to fix. I can post here and then anyone can learn from them or I can pm you. One will cause your animals to disappear on occasion.

Hawkkeye666
17 hours ago, Fern said:

Which version are you using? You should use APExp3.2. You should also be using Zoot. Fixing things like the warnings and errors should not be done in APE but in notepad.

The thing with ape is you need to close if after each animal and restart it for the next animal. 

Jay says there are a number of other problems you need to fix. I can post here and then anyone can learn from them or I can pm you. One will cause your animals to disappear on occasion.

And this is what I did not know. I am using Ape 3.2, I do not use Zoot. Also I learnt about Ape causing serious mistakes quite late, so everything was saved few time in Ape... Without much backup. You can post it here, maybe it will help someone to not do the same mistake. And Borsato sent me link for checkuka, but it does not work on my computer, because I have Win10, but I haven´t tried to run it with compatibility modes yet. 

EDIT: Checkuka works. I corrected animals and post them here to downloads.

Uff.... Making ZT animals is harder than I thought.

APExp 3.2 eliminates most of the original APE problems.

Okay you have a lot of fixing to do before they can be released. Have fun and remember this is a learning curve.

The checker that you use is most likely different from mine as mine is for players (what I post at DD) and yours is for designers.

Not sure if this is for version 2 or 3 of your animals.

I would suggest copying this and doing one line at a time and marking them off as you do them.

This is from Jay:

Here are the things I saw in the hawkeye animals ztd:

When all of the /f/... animations are the same as the /m/... animations, change the "f = " line in the [AnimPath] section of the uca to end in "/m" instead of "/f", and then the /f/... directories can be deleted from the ztd.

When one animation directory shows the same animations as another animation directory, then only one is needed. For example, if both /m/lookl and /m/lookr show the same animations, then the "look_right = lookr" line in the [m/Animations] section of the uca can be changed to "look_right = lookl" and the /m/lookr directory can be deleted from the ztd.

6b8b3033/f/jerk/n and 6b8b3033/m/jerk/n are still the warthog instead of the meerkat.

5660fe14/f/liedown/ne has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory. That can cause the animal to disappear when the zoo is rotated at a certain time.

5660fe14/f/lookl/e has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

5660fe14/f/walk/e and 5660fe14/f/walk/ne have different animation speeds than the other 3 views in that directory.

5660fe14/m/liedown/ne has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

5660fe14/m/lookl/e has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

5660fe14/m/walk/e and 5660fe14/m/walk/ne have different animation speeds than the other 3 views in that directory.

5660fe14/y/sleep/s has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/f/groom/n and 6b8b3033/f/groom/ne have different number of frames than the other 3 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/f/lookl/n has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/f/stamp/ne has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/m/groom/n and 6b8b3033/m/groom/ne have different number of frames than the other 3 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/m/lookl/n has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/m/stamp/ne has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/y/liedown/ne has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

6b8b3033/y/stamp/ne has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

8b3f2522/y/lookr/e has a different number of frames than the other 4 views in that directory.

5660fe14/icanteat/icanteat.pal, 6b8b3033/icwartho/icwartho.pal, 8b3f2522/icokapi/icokapi.pal, 953f3c0f/icfbongo/icfbongo.pal, 953f3c0f/icmbongo/icmbongo.pal, 5660fe14/lsmantea/lsmantea.pal, 6b8b3033/lsmwarth/lsmwarth.pal, 8b3f2522/lsmokapi/lsmokapi.pal, 953f3c0f/lsfbongo/lsfbongo.pal, 953f3c0f/lsmbongo/lsmbongo.pal, 5660fe14/planteat/planteat.pal, 6b8b3033/plwartho/plwartho.pal, 8b3f2522/plokapi/plokapi.pal, and 953f3c0f/plbongo/plbongo.pal can be deleted from the ztd since all of those directories have n.pal files.

5660fe14/anteater.pal can be deleted from the ztd since all of the 5660fe14 animation directories have 5 pal files.

In 8b3f2522.uca, the [Sounds] section is empty. So all "f = fPlayWithSound(jerk_head,placesound)" lines should be replaced with "f = fPlay(jerk_head)", all "f = fPlayWithSound(noseair,placesound)" lines should be replaced with "f = fPlay(noseair)", the "f = fPlayWithSound(box_used,placesound)" line should be replaced with "f = fPlay(box_used)", and okapi.wav should be deleted from the ztd.

The "[]" lines and blank lines at the top of the uca files can be deleted.

For the Meerkat, the uca checker shows "*** Warning: Sum of family, genus, and animal id/type values are < 0.". That means when an exhibit has a meerkat and another one is added, ZT shows frowns for the meerkats. That has to do with settings in the 6b8b3033.uca file. cFamily is set to 5206 (the Cat family) and cGenus is set to 5125 (the Pig genus). The [cCompatibleAnimals] section contains the following pairs of lines:
v = 5206
v = -20
v = 5125
v = 5

That means this animal dislikes the 5206 family by "-20" and likes the 5125 genus by "5". ZT adds these two numbers together: -20 plus 5 equals -15. Since the result is less than 0, the animal dislikes itself. ZT also looks for the animal ID in the [cCompatibleAnimals] section, but 6b8b3033 is not in that section. There are many ways to fix this. Ideally, the family and genus settings should be as close as possible to what they should be for an animal, and the values in the [cCompatibleAnimals] section should represent what the animal would dislike in real life. But the quickest way to fix the problem is to adjust the value of the genus to counter the value of the family, like this:
v = 5206
v = -20
v = 5125
v = 20

The palm civet is similar. In 5660fe14.uca, cFamily is set to 5206 (the Cat family) and cGenus is set to 5124 (the Anteater genus). The [cCompatibleAnimals] section contains the following pairs of lines:
v = 5206
v = -20
v = 5124
v = 5

Again, the quickest way to fix the problem for that is to adjust the value of the genus to counter the value of the family, like this:
v = 5206
v = -20
v = 5124
v = 20

When "DefaultSubtype = m" is in the uca, cBabyToAdult, cHappyReproduceThreshold, cOffspring, cReproductionChance, and cReproductionInterval lines should only be in the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section. Also, cAllCrowdedChange, cAngryHabitatChange, cAngryTreeChange, cAnimalDensity, cBabyBornChange, cBashStrength, cBuildingUseChance, cCaptivity, cClimbsCliffs, cCrowd, cCrowdHappinessChange, cDeathChance, cDeathChange, cDirtyIncrement, cDirtyThreshold, cDrinkWaterChance, cEatVegetationChance, cEnergyIncrement, cEnergyThreshold, cFastRate, cHabitatPreference, cHappyHabitatChange, cHungerIncrement, cHungerThreshold, cHungryHealthChange, cInitialHappiness, cIsClimber, cKeeperFoodUnitsEaten, cKeeperFrequency, cMaxEnergy, cMaxHits, cMediumRate, cNeedShelter, cNeededFood, cNoFoodChange, cNoMateChange, cNotEnoughKeepersChange, cNumberAnimalsMax, cNumberAnimalsMin, cNumberMaxChange, cNumberMinChange, cOtherAnimalAngryChange, cOtherAnimalSickChange, cPctHabitat, cPctHits, cPurchaseCost, cSickChance, cSickChange, cSickTime, cSlowRate, cSocial, cSwims, cTimeDeath, and cVeryAngryHabitatChange are not needed in the [f/Characteristics/Integers] or [y/Characteristics/Integers] sections when they match what is in the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section. cIsJumper also is not needed in the [f/Characteristics/Integers] section when it matches what is in the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section, but cIsJumper is usually kept in the [y/Characteristics/Integers] section even when it matches what is in the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section.

The [y/Characteristics/Integers] section should never have cAnimalDensity, cElevationPref, cNumberAnimalsMax, cNumberAnimalsMin, cPctHabitat, cRockPref, cSpacePref, or cTreePref lines.

The [y/Characteristics/Integers] section in 5660fe14.uca should only have the cAttractiveness, cIsJumper, and cPrefIconID lines, since the other lines either match the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section or are lines that are normally the same with that section.

The [f/Characteristics/Integers] and [y/Characteristics/Integers] sections in 5660fe14.uca should have "cPrefIconID = 7051" instead of "cPrefIconID = 7005" so that they match the [m/Characteristics/Integers] section and the cPrefIcon setting.

In [cSuitableObjects] and [cCompatibleTerrain] sections, for any pair of lines where the second line of the pair of lines is "v = 0", the pair of lines can be deleted.

When "DefaultSubtype = m" is in the uca and all lines in the [f/Animations] section match the lines in the [m/Animations] section, then the [f/Animations] section can be deleted.

When "DefaultSubtype = m" is in the uca and all lines in the [y/Animations] section match the lines in the [m/Animations] section, then the [y/Animations] section can be deleted.

meerkat is in the [Sounds] section in 6b8b3033.uca, but meerkat is not in any fPlayWithSound lines. The fPlayWithSound lines use pickupsound, placesound, and squeal2. Most likely the [Sounds] section should look like:
[Sounds]
pickupsound = meerkat.wav
pickupsound = 1300
placesound = meerkat.wav
placesound = 1300

And then all "f = fPlayWithSound(jerk_head,squeal2)" lines can be changed to "f = fPlayWithSound(jerk_head,placesound)". The same problem occurs in 5660fe14.uca as well. But since civet.wav and meerkat.wav are the same, it would be possible to have only one in the ztd and have the other animal reference it. For example, the [Sounds] section in 5660fe14.uca for the civet could look like:
[Sounds]
pickupsound = animals/6b8b3033/meerkat.wav
pickupsound = 1300
placesound = animals/6b8b3033/meerkat.wav
placesound = 1300

And then civet.wav can be deleted from the ztd.

[f/iCharacteristics/Integers] and [y/iCharacteristics/Integers] sections that contain only "cEnterLandChance = 100" lines can be deleted from uca files.

".wav" files are a lot smaller when they are converted from 16-bit stereo 48 kHz to 8-bit mono 22 kHz.

The [1036] section should be removed from 5660fe14.uca.

The cLongHelp line in the [1033] section of 5660fe14.uca probably should be: "cLongHelp = Adopt an Owston´s Palm Civet. Owston´s Palm Civet is an endangered species of civets living in Asian rainforests."

8b3f2522.uca should not have cBreathIncrement, cBreathThreshold, cDepth, cDepthMax, cDepthMin, cEnterLandChance, cEnterTankChance, cEnterWaterChance, cExtremelyMurkyWaterChange, cExtremelyMurkyWaterThreshold, cLandNeeded, cMurkyWaterChange, cMurkyWaterThreshold, cSalinityChange, cSalinityHealthChange, cVeryMurkyWaterChange, cVeryMurkyWaterThreshold, or cWaterNeeded lines because it is not a tank animal. It should not have cRampageChance, cRampageTimeMax, cRampageTimeMin, or cTimeToHatch lines because it is not a dinosaur. It also does not need the "cKeeperArrivesChange = 0" line.

8b3f2522.uca has "jump_high = highjump" in the [m/Animations] and [y/Animations] sections, but there are no 8b3f2522/m/highjump or 8b3f2522/y/highjump directories in the ztd. Since cIsJumper is set to 0 and jump_high is not in any BehaviorSet section, all "jump_high = highjump" lines can be deleted and the  8b3f2522/f/highjump directory can be deleted from the ztd.

The cLongHelp in the [1033] section of 8b3f2522.uca probably should be: "cLongHelp = Adopt a Yellow Backed Duiker, a shy antelope living in African rainforests.".

The animations in the [m/Animations], [f/Animations], and [y/Animations] sections of 953f3c0f.uca do not match the animation directories in the ztd or the actions used in the BehaviorSet sections. For example, "f = fPlay(fly_shoo)" is in the uca and there is a 953f3c0f/m/flyshoo directory, but neither fly_shoo or flyshoo are in the [m/Animations] section. The [m/Animations] section should be copied from bongo.ai in ZT's bongo.ztd file, excluding the "jump_high = highjump" line (since there is no highjump directory), and the [f/Animations] and [y/Animations] sections should be deleted.

The 953f3c0f/y/noseair directory can be deleted because noseair is not used in the uca.

953f3c0f.uca has "civet = civet.wav", but there is no 953f3c0f/civet.wav file. The "civet = civet.wav" and "civet = 1300" lines should be deleted, "f = fPlayWithSound(shake_head,placesound)" lines should be changed to "f = fPlay(shake_head)", "f = fPlayWithSound(jerk_head,placesound)" lines should be changed to "f = fPlay(jerk_head)", "f = fPlayWithSound(scuff_feet,placesound)" lines should be changed to "f = fPlay(scuff_feet)", and the "f = fPlayWithSound(box_used,placesound)" line should be changed to "f = fPlay(box_used)".

• Thanks 1