Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

I didn't attempt the red ruffed lemur as I don't have the least idea of what you mean by "opening" a file and I'm not comfortable with changing any game files. Copy & paste is the limit of my computer abilities. Borsato said that his animals would play without the location change, is that true of the lemur?

I like the other animals, but I did notice something. On the fact page you give credit to Hendrix for his part, which is great, but not yourself. You did a lot of work here so you should give yourself credit, too.

Hawkkeye666
On 3/15/2021 at 3:47 AM, HeatherL said:

I didn't attempt the red ruffed lemur as I don't have the least idea of what you mean by "opening" a file and I'm not comfortable with changing any game files. Copy & paste is the limit of my computer abilities. Borsato said that his animals would play without the location change, is that true of the lemur?

I like the other animals, but I did notice something. On the fact page you give credit to Hendrix for his part, which is great, but not yourself. You did a lot of work here so you should give yourself credit, too.

Here is the version without need for Borsato´s file, with lemur´s location set to Africa. Enjoy!

Actually, I should change that last line on fact page that it would also give credits to group of designers (Aurora Designs), plus add line for animations and myself. I will do it in new version. And I did not do much work - just follow Hendrix´s script, and ask a lot of stupid questions. Big thanks to Borsato and Fern who have had nerves and time to answer them. I should mention them there too.

To Fern: thanks, corrected. Corrected file with lemur set to Madagascar has been reupload to my post instead of first version.

*** file removed 20210617

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

And I did not do much work - just follow Hendrix´s script, and ask a lot of stupid questions. Big thanks to Borsato and Fern who have had nerves and time to answer them. I should mention them there too.

There are no such things as "stupid questions". Everyone had to learn things at one time or another. You should see the things I used to ask way back. Hmmm maybe not since many of them were "silly" in my view these days. But not back then.

• Like 2

Hawkkeye666
53 minutes ago, Fern said:

There are no such things as "stupid questions". Everyone had to learn things at one time or another. You should see the things I used to ask way back. Hmmm maybe not since many of them were "silly" in my view these days. But not back then.

And when we are talking about stupid questions... How do I make animals polyginous/living in pairs?

• Haha 1

From Jay: When ZT is supposed to have animals want to be paired, "cMatingType = 1" is in the uca/ai file. When ZT is supposed to have animals accept any as a mate, "cMatingType = 0" is in the uca/ai. Another setting related to this is the cNoMateChange setting, which says how much an animal dislikes not having a mate. When "cMatingType = 0", usually there will also be "cNoMateChange = 0", although not always. When "cMatingType = 1", usually cNoMateChange is set to a negative number, although sometimes it is still set to 0. For the animals that come with ZT, cNoMateChange is set to one of the following: 0, -5, -10, -15, -20. Just for information, here is how many of ZT's animals there are for each of these settings:

cMatingType = 0: 90 animals
cMatingType = 1: 30 animals

cNoMateChange = 0: 71 animals
cNoMateChange = -5: 18 animals
cNoMateChange = -10: 29 animals
cNoMateChange = -15: 1 animal
cNoMateChange = -20: 1 animal

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666
1 hour ago, Fern said:

You might find this link useful [cCompatibleAnimals] section in animal configuration

It has some of the info you asked for earlier.

Thank you, there will be small update where I change animals to be monogamous/polygamous according to reality.

And I found absolutely awesome list of IDs on Zookeeper´s Lounge http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1982 , so another 5 animals are practically finished.

EDIT: and another question, how can I change life span of animals? It looks weird when suirrels persist longer than cranes.

Their infestation is getting out of hand.

988877058_squirrelinfestation.jpg.5f05cf124f367c583804c81223387663.jpg

• Haha 2

I believe that topic is headed: IDs Of Ingame Researched Objects To Avoid

Those ids all need the research done.

He is working on new lists. The first of which is at DG and I gave you the link for that.

For animal shelters you could use the user made ids which allow for all types of animals and shelters. I should put out the current list.

• Thanks 1

Another list you wanted: [cSuitableObjects] section in animal configuration

and another question, how can I change life span of animals? It looks weird when squirrels persist longer than cranes.

There are two settings concerning life span. The first is the cTimeDeath setting. The animals that come with ZT set that to one of the following values: 4320, 4480, 5000, 6000, 6480, 8640, 12960, 17280. I believe ZT normally advances the game 2 game hours for each second in real life. That means 1 game day takes 12 seconds in real life. So I believe a cTimeDeath setting of 4320 represents 360 game days, which is nearly 1 game year. I also believe this is the life span for adult animals. There is a different setting (cBabyToAdult) representing the length of time it takes the young to become an adult. But although a cTimeDeath setting of 4320 represents 360 game days, that does not mean the adult would die in exactly 360 game days. After those 360 game days, another setting comes into affect: cDeathChance (which is different than cDeathChange). So that way there is some randomness in the deaths, at least for when cDeathChance is less than 100. The animals that come with ZT set cDeathChance to one of the following values: 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 45, 90, 100.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666

There was a little upgrade of my previous update (both versions, with red ruffed lemur´s location set to Africa and to Madagascar).

It is nothing major, just life spans and mating types should now be set correctly for species included.

So squirrels are gonna die early. Finally.

• Haha 1