Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

Just to add.

Jay just informed me of this about the downloads area files you uploaded: There are 42 frame count / animation speed mismatches for 5660fe14, 6b8b3033, 8b3f2522, and aa43acc8, and the checker gives for the rock hyrax "*** Warning: cHabitat does not have max [cSuitableObjects] habitat value.".

Hawkkeye666

Thanks Fern, it was quite overwhelming at first, but now I finally understand (little) how to make .uca file. Most of the errors are corrected, but I need to check them out and test them. About flyshoo animation, it is unused animation even for ingame bongo, this is why it is not in behaviour settings.

Also...

On 3/3/2021 at 4:38 AM, Fern said:

Just to add.

Jay just informed me of this about the downloads area files you uploaded: There are 42 frame count / animation speed mismatches for 5660fe14, 6b8b3033, 8b3f2522, and aa43acc8, and the checker gives for the rock hyrax "*** Warning: cHabitat does not have max [cSuitableObjects] habitat value.".

How should I correct these? That chabitat mistake is always present when I change habitat of animal (for example, when I use rainforest animal as a base, and make savannah animal out of it), but ingame, their environment and suitability are correct.

And I do not know how to correct frame count (does it mean that I can have only 42 slides in animation? And does it have some negative consequences ingame?)

And for others, if you are still interested in what I am doing... Bluebuck. Compatible with Borsato´s Quagga and ingame ostrich, with plans to make blue crane and southern black korhaan sharing the same environment. 529218047_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.a92177fd50f30ac7f8acc6618f6506ad.jpg

• Love 1

Quote from: Jay
There are 42 frame count / animation speed mismatches for 5660fe14, 6b8b3033, 8b3f2522, and aa43acc8, and the checker gives for the rock hyrax "*** Warning: cHabitat does not have max [cSuitableObjects] habitat value.".

Quote from: Hawkkeye
How should I correct these? That chabitat mistake is always present when I change habitat of animal (for example, when I use rainforest animal as a base, and make savannah animal out of it), but ingame, their environment and suitability are correct.

It can be corrected using WordPad. (WordPad is better than Notepad because WordPad understands line ending characters that Notepad does not understand.) You would edit the ".uca" file, which is aa43acc8.uca for the rock hyrax. cHabitat is set to 9407 (Highland). The [cSuitableObjects] section has the following lines:
v = 9400
v = 3
v = 9407
v = -10

That means the animal likes the 9400 (Savannah) habitat by 3 but dislikes 9407 by -10. If you want this animal to be a Savannah animal, then you would change "cHabitat = 9407" to "cHabitat = 9400". But if you want this animal to be a Highland animal, then you would change the value for 9407 in the [cSuitableObjects] section to match the highest 94xx value in that section. So in this case, the [cSuitableObjects] section should look like:
v = 9400
v = 3
v = 9407
v = 3

Quote from: Hawkkeye
And I do not know how to correct frame count (does it mean that I can have only 42 slides in animation? And does it have some negative consequences ingame?)

As an example, the rock hyrax has an animals/aa43acc8/m/run directory. That directory has 5 views in it: e, n, ne, s, and se. The e, ne, s, and se views have 12 frames in their animations. But the n view has 11 frames in its animation. So possibly one of the frames for the n view was missed when it was added into APE. You can have any number of frames you want for an animation, but all 5 views in the same directory should have the same number of frames. When one of the views has a different number of frames than the other 4 views, the animal can sometimes disappear in ZT when the zoo is rotated in ZT. For example, if this animal is running to the right, ZT shows the e view. When the zoo is rotated counterclockwise, ZT switches to the n view. If the zoo is rotated when ZT was showing the 12th frame of the e view, ZT cannot find a 12th frame in the n view, and then the animal disappears. The animal will reappear when ZT switches to a different animation for the animal, so usually the animal does not vanish for long. But for some user made animals in the past, it has been noticed by ZT players and worried them, since they thought their game might have become corrupted in some way. There are multiple ways to add a 12th frame to the animals/aa43acc8/m/run/n view, in this example. The preferred way (at least for me) is to use the Zoot program. Some people use APE instead. But APE will then also incorrectly make additional changes to the ".uca" file. So if APE is used to make changes to the graphics, the ".uca" should be saved somewhere, then use APE, then replace the ".uca" file with the one that was saved elsewhere. Zoot never changes ".uca" files, which is why I prefer to use Zoot instead of APE when making changes to graphics. Just like all 5 views in an animal animation directory should have the same frame counts, all 5 views should also have the same animation speed, although I do not believe an animal will disappear from having 1 of the 5 views using a different animation speed than the other 4 views. Again, I prefer to adjust animation speeds in Zoot rather than in APE. Although it is not usually important for animal animations, Zoot is more flexible than APE for adjusting animation speeds.

• Thanks 1

Hawkkeye666

More South African animals. Those little cutie-patooties are springhares. Quaggas are Borsato´s, ostriches ingame.

113576181_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.cbaffac20f145dbe405db129e73a9b44.jpg

• Love 1

Savannahjan

Oh, like those springhares. :elkgrin:

Hawkkeye666
On 3/7/2021 at 1:47 AM, Fern said:

It can be corrected using WordPad. (WordPad is better than Notepad because WordPad understands line ending characters that Notepad does not understand.) You would edit the ".uca" file, which is aa43acc8.uca for the rock hyrax. cHabitat is set to 9407 (Highland). The [cSuitableObjects] section has the following lines:
v = 9400
v = 3
v = 9407
v = -10

That means the animal likes the 9400 (Savannah) habitat by 3 but dislikes 9407 by -10. If you want this animal to be a Savannah animal, then you would change "cHabitat = 9407" to "cHabitat = 9400". But if you want this animal to be a Highland animal, then you would change the value for 9407 in the [cSuitableObjects] section to match the highest 94xx value in that section. So in this case, the [cSuitableObjects] section should look like:
v = 9400
v = 3
v = 9407
v = 3

As an example, the rock hyrax has an animals/aa43acc8/m/run directory. That directory has 5 views in it: e, n, ne, s, and se. The e, ne, s, and se views have 12 frames in their animations. But the n view has 11 frames in its animation. So possibly one of the frames for the n view was missed when it was added into APE. You can have any number of frames you want for an animation, but all 5 views in the same directory should have the same number of frames. When one of the views has a different number of frames than the other 4 views, the animal can sometimes disappear in ZT when the zoo is rotated in ZT. For example, if this animal is running to the right, ZT shows the e view. When the zoo is rotated counterclockwise, ZT switches to the n view. If the zoo is rotated when ZT was showing the 12th frame of the e view, ZT cannot find a 12th frame in the n view, and then the animal disappears. The animal will reappear when ZT switches to a different animation for the animal, so usually the animal does not vanish for long. But for some user made animals in the past, it has been noticed by ZT players and worried them, since they thought their game might have become corrupted in some way. There are multiple ways to add a 12th frame to the animals/aa43acc8/m/run/n view, in this example. The preferred way (at least for me) is to use the Zoot program. Some people use APE instead. But APE will then also incorrectly make additional changes to the ".uca" file. So if APE is used to make changes to the graphics, the ".uca" should be saved somewhere, then use APE, then replace the ".uca" file with the one that was saved elsewhere. Zoot never changes ".uca" files, which is why I prefer to use Zoot instead of APE when making changes to graphics. Just like all 5 views in an animal animation directory should have the same frame counts, all 5 views should also have the same animation speed, although I do not believe an animal will disappear from having 1 of the 5 views using a different animation speed than the other 4 views. Again, I prefer to adjust animation speeds in Zoot rather than in APE. Although it is not usually important for animal animations, Zoot is more flexible than APE for adjusting animation speeds.

Here is the newest file with my first animals, I have corrected errors, but I could have missed something. If they are ok, I will post them here in downloads in separate .ztd files.

Animals: Owston´s palm civet, Meerkat, Yellow-backed duiker, Zebra Duiker, Rock Hyrax.

Another file with 5 other animals (Bluebuck, Red-flanked duiker, Springhare, Southern black korhaan, ?) is coming after I manage to correct first five.

EDIT: and I have two questions. 1.) how do I change type of poo animal is pooping? 2.) is there somewhere a list of all ZT 1 CC items´ IDs?

*** file removed 20210617

From Jay: It can't hurt if you ask Hawkkeye if he is looking for a list of things that an animal might like. As far as I know, there is no full list currently, so I would have to create it. If I need to be creating something in addition to that, I would need to know.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Another file with 5 other animals (Bluebuck, Red-flanked duiker, Springhare, Southern black korhaan, ?) is coming after I manage to correct first five.

Assuming everything goes well, can I make a request? I would love to see a Dik Dik.

Hawkkeye666
44 minutes ago, Fern said:

From Jay: It can't hurt if you ask Hawkkeye if he is looking for a list of things that an animal might like. As far as I know, there is no full list currently, so I would have to create it. If I need to be creating something in addition to that, I would need to know.

Yep, that´s it. IDs of foliage, shelters, rocks, etc. I want to make springhare ok with lean-to, but liking burrows a little more, and korhaans don´t need any shelters, but I want them to be ok with some of them, so they can be kept with ungulates. List doesn´t need to be full.

29 minutes ago, HeatherL said:

Assuming everything goes well, can I make a request? I would love to see a Dik Dik.

Dik-dik is not my priority, but if you find me public domain dik-dik with .bfb model (I still struggle with getting .nif files to Blender), I´ll oblige. Do you want it to be compatible with some particular animal?

Hawkkeye666

Bharal, also known as blue sheep. Compatible with ingame Markhor and Borsato´s Wild Yak. 1449878383_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.8e7f52e77e618e6ac2dbacae737bfff2.jpg

• Like 1