Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

can anyone help me get all these in my zoo? i tried to make a combined ztd from everything in the google drive using this tutorial 

but none of the new things are showing up. i followed the tutorial with the beach objects and got that to work, but no luck with these ones. i've tried emptying my updates folder so that it has only the combined ztd in and no other mods to make sure there's no conflicts and that i wasn't hitting the item limit, and tried the whole tutorial start to finish three times going over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure i'm not skipping a step somehow. any idea what i'm doing wrong?

I asked Jay and this was his reply: For hawkkeye's files, I have not downloaded his google drive since March. So I don't know how many ".uca" files he has currently. At that time, he had 1284. So at that time his plus ZT's would be less than 3000, meaning it seems like that would work. It seems unlikely he reached 3000 since then. I don't remember the symptom now, but he had a problem when his bezoar goat and scotts horse were in ZT folders at the same time, even though they each worked if they were in ZT folders alone. I was able to duplicate the problem, but never found time to try to figure out the cause. But maybe his current problem is related. Again, I don't have time in my life to investigate in detail. I never tested, but it is also possible to be a GB limit of a file. Some programs do not work with files over 4 GB. Some programs do not work with files over 2 GB. Even trying to download his google drive, google downloads the files in multiple zips so that it does not go above 2 GB for any file. So when I downloaded his google drive in March, it downloaded the files in 2 zips. It is possible ZT has such a GB limit. It is also possible whatever he uses to unzip or zip has such a GB limit.

Goosifer

Blue Fang set a cap of around 2 GB memory using a linker flag called /LARGEADDRESSAWARE. It was probably necessary at the time because computers weren't that great, but technically they could have allowed it to go up to 3 GB if they really wanted to. The game is 32 bit so that's as high as you can probably force it to go...if it were 64 bit it can be much higher. More memory during execution = more files. Maybe someday it can be unlocked. Would be cool.

• Like 2

thanks guys i got them all working! i cut it into smaller chunks (ended up with 17 ztds in the end, probably could have been less conservative with cutting it up and ended up with less but eh, if it works i'm happy), and identified some files that were causing conflicts and removed them (mostly combined packs and a few duplicate animals, and the bezoar goat just in case) and now everything seems fine. so excited to finally make my ultimate south america zoo, base game was seriously lacking non african primates!

• 4 weeks later...

The New Athens Expansion Pack downloaded for me. I can send it to anyone that wants it.