Mjmannella's Projects

mjmannella

Hi everyone,

I figured I make this thread since I made my first-ever Zoo Tycoon mod, being a patch for the yeti.

In short, this patch performs some alterations to the yeti:

• Prevents the yeti from being constantly listed in the creature adoption panel, which causes yetis to show up as soon as the game loads and in scenarios with a purposely select roster (ex. Small Zoo, Seasideville Zoo)
  • Moves the yeti's menu placement to be alongside other animals with greystone backgrounds, creating a more uniform appearance
  • Corrects the yeti's location from the Arctic to the Himalayas
  • Allows the yeti to be predated by several extinct animals (Allosaurus, Camptosaurus, Deinosuchus, Herrerasaurus, Saber-toothed Cat, Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus, Woolly Mammoth, and Woolly Rhinoceros) as was intended by those animals' prey coding

I made a playlist to help demonstrate the changes more visually

Note: Please download the ZT Override dll File for tooltips and animal info to appear for the yeti!
Big thanks to Fern and Jay for helping me out and performing the needed additions to the ZT Override dll file!

Also, I've made a separate version my my yeti patch that re-implements its cheat code (as well as it being unlocked by the Conservation Zoo scenario, similar to the unicorn, Triceratops, and Deinosuchus).

Both versions of this patch are available on my Google Drive!

• Like 2

Hawkkeye666

Finally someone did it!

It bothered me for a very long time, especially location and environment icon placement .

• Thanks 1

You should zip your files before releasing them. That keeps the date intact and can also save it from being corrupted.

Both files are in a .zip file with instructions.

• Like 1

In any case, I did some work for something else! Some of you may be familiar with the unused swimming animations for wolves.

1429192127_ZooTycoon2021-04-161_07_50PM.png.c8e24c0e8f4bcb5203e4e78df56bc613.png

357815465_ZooTycoon2021-04-161_08_09PM.png.adde55d2af8cb94898d11fd2def90929.png

I was excited to find that the case for unused animations doesn't end there!

1274930077_ZooTycoon2021-04-161_00_27PM.png.d063590070ec1843d9a2594dc1d6ee54.png

The Asian black bear also has fully functioning swimming animations! The American black is a similar case, but its animations are just the same as walking animations. This leads to very odd situations, to say the least. I've decided to make a compromise and have it use the Asian black bear animation. Unfortunately, I don't know how to change an animation's .pal file, so it's a somewhat superficial sell.

1191598611_ZooTycoon2021-04-161_02_34PM.png.6931bfd1b7b00b074fd4656c3b9d611e.png

And lastly, the green sea turtle has land animations for its babies!

1338981824_ZooTycoon2021-04-1612_59_54PM.png.481d5a9d7631893b55e47c6d251a0841.png

I've decided to also let adults swim in non-tank water like pinnipeds and otters. I've gotten things to work out quite effectively, save for 2 issues.

• The idle animation doesn't have a shadow
  • Adults can be placed on land, even though they don't have proper animations for doing so. The result is that they constantly perform their idle animation on land. I've tried looking at the coding used by water-only objects like the dolphin shack and show props, but nothing seems to work unfortunately.

If anyone's willing to lend a hand, please do so! I've included a preliminary file as an attachment.

• Like 1

There was a swimming hack for the wolves done https://zooadmin.org/ZT1/index.php?topic=1112.0

I will give yours to Jay to look over.

When releasing it should have a warning that it conflicts with the ZA hack and both should not be in the game at the same time.

I also think there is another wolf hack out there done by Jordan but I would need to check that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mjmannella said:

Both files are in a .zip file with instructions.

Not in the Tek download area. I just downloaded it and all I got was the ztd.

• Thanks 1

Actually it might pay to rename your Yeti.ztd to YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd so that people a) know it is a hack and b) so it will not conflict with any other files out there that might be called yeti.ztd.

Same thing goes for that swimming hack. Add your name or initials to the ztd name.

We add either names or initials to ztd names so they do not conflict with older files that might be around.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the yeti hack needs to have an identical name because it uses the .ai file instead of a .uca file. This is because having a .uca file prevents female yetis from being available (as well as young yetis with the menu hack). It needs to overwrite the existing yeti file so it can work properly. However, I did re-upload the file to the download area as a zipped file. Hopefully it can be approved now!

Noted about the swimming file! That one should only be adding and file and not replacing, so I'm fine with it being named.

From Jay: The ".ztd" file name does not have to match the ".ai" file name, and rarely does. Also, ZT's files should not be overwritten without them being saved somewhere, since there are times when the original will be needed. So it is better to use a new ".ztd" name instead of yeti.ztd. If the new name was YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd, the installation instructions would be something similar to:

If you have a "hacks" folder set up in your ZT folder, copy YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd to that "hacks" folder. Otherwise copy YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd to ZT's Updates folder. This will cause two yetis to be in the animal purchase menu: ZT's yeti in the Tundra area and this yeti in the Highland area. Some scenarios use a subset of animals. If you do not want ZT's yeti to be shown in the purchase menu for those scenarios, move ZT's yeti.ztd file from the Updates folder to a safe place that is not in any ZT folder. Since this yeti is not a direct replacement for ZT's yeti, if you come across a saved game, scenario, or another hack that needs ZT's yeti, copy ZT's yeti.ztd from where you saved it to the Updates folder.