Mjmannella's Projects

mjmannella

The problem is if it doesn't replace the original file, the .uca file will still be read after the .ai file due to taking alphabetical priority over the hack, causing some parts to not work as intended. It's very much supposed to be a direct replacement, or else it won't work properly.

Unfortunately, I can't update the download with a backup until the new version gets approved. For now I'll just attach it here.

From Jay: ZT's yeti ".uca" is B101B026.uca. So ZT uses animals:b101b026 for its internal name. Your ".ai" is yeti.ai and your ".cfg" has "yeti = animals/yeti.ai". So ZT uses animals:yeti for the internal name of your yeti. Since those are different, they do not conflict with one another. The Zoo Object List program shows they are different. When I have ZT's yeti.ztd in the Updates folder and your ztd in no ZT folder, then place a male, female, and young yeti in a zoo (which I called test-yeti-ZT.zoo), the Zoo Object List program shows:

From official downloads or Complete Collection: 3 total, 3 unique:
     1 animals:b101b026:f: Female: Yeti
     1 animals:b101b026:m: Male: Yeti
     1 animals:b101b026:y: Male: Yeti

When I rename your 2021-04-15 ztd to YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd and put it in the Updates folder while keeping ZT's yeti.ztd in the Updates folder, then place a male, female, and young of both ZT's yeti and your yeti in a zoo (which I called test-yeti-ZT+mj.zoo), the Zoo Object List program shows:

From user downloads: 3 total, 3 unique:
     1 animals:yeti:f: Female: Yeti
     1 animals:yeti:m: Male: Yeti
     1 animals:yeti:y: Female: Yeti
From official downloads or Complete Collection: 3 total, 3 unique:
     1 animals:b101b026:f: Female: Yeti
     1 animals:b101b026:m: Male: Yeti
     1 animals:b101b026:y: Female: Yeti

When I leave YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd in the Updates folder and move ZT's yeti.ztd out of all ZT folders, then place a male, female, and young of your yeti in a zoo (which I called test-yeti-mj.zoo), the Zoo Object List program shows:

From user downloads: 3 total, 3 unique:
     1 animals:yeti:f: Female: Yeti
     1 animals:yeti:m: Male: Yeti
     1 animals:yeti:y: Female: Yeti

So those show your yeti is not a direct replacement for ZT's yeti. In addition, I tried using your ztd named as yeti.ztd in the Updates folder without ZT's yeti.ztd being in any ZT folder and then loaded the above mentioned test-yeti-ZT.zoo, which was created with ZT's yeti. The zoo no longer had yetis in it. Again, that shows your yeti is not a direct replacement for ZT's yeti. So everything I said previously was correct. If you want your yeti to be a direct replacement for ZT's yeti, the ".cfg" file probably needs "b101b026 = animals/yeti.ai" instead of "yeti = animals/yeti.ai". But even then, the ztd name should be different for safety, although the installation instructions would be different, something similar to:

Move ZT's yeti.ztd file from the Updates folder to a safe place that is not in any ZT folder. If you have a "hacks" folder set up in your ZT folder, copy YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd to that "hacks" folder. Otherwise copy YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd to ZT's Updates folder. If you ever want to go back to ZT's yeti, move YetiHackBymjmannella.ztd from the hacks or Updates folder to a place that is not in any ZT folder and move ZT's yeti.ztd from where you saved it to the Updates folder.

I understand that the vanilla yeti uses the B101B026 codename instead. The issue is that the vanilla yeti is the one with the problems that I'm trying to eliminate. Replacing the vanilla yeti with a patched yeti is the best guarantee of this working out, as your testing indicates.

I did update the file names to include my username and altered the instructions to be more clear.

I did some more snooping in the files and found that Asian elephants have an unused animation for using the swinging log! Unfortunately my best attempt at implementing it spawns a phantom African elephant. I've included the new file in a zip if anyone's willing to help out!MJ's Animation Hack.zip

1290109880_ZooTycoon2021-04-229_47_31AM.png.b14e1c78c3c241deea4f65ae4bfc35c9.png

He might have a better answer tomorrow when he has time to look properly but meanwhile...... From Jay: But I suspect what he wants to do can't be done. For the elephant that currently does the swinging log, the graphics of the elephant are in the swinging log graphics and not in the elephant graphics. For the Asian elephant, there are swinging log graphics in the elephant's graphics. So most likely that is only the animated part of the of the swinging log graphics and it might not match with the swinging log's idle graphics.

• Like 1

From Jay: I did more experimenting and researching of the swing log. There are too many files in MJ's ztd to deal with. In my case, I used just swnglog.ai and asianele.ai. As the graphics currently exist in ZT, it is not possible to make the swing log work properly with the Asian elephant. ZT's swing log idle graphics has the hanging log in the first graphics frame and the swing log frame in an extra graphics frame. ZT's swing log used graphics has the African elephant and log in most of the graphics frames and the swing log frame in an extra graphics frame. The swing log graphics in ZT's Asian elephant does not have an extra graphics frame. It only has the animated portion of the Asian elephant (without shadows) and the log. It does not have the swing log frame and there currently aren't any graphics with just the swing log frame. So four things will occur with the existing graphics, depending on the configuration:

1. The graphics of the African elephant playing with the log is shown for the Asian elephant.
2: The graphics of the African elephant playing with the log is shown at the same time as the Asian elephant.
3. The Asian elephant plays with a log that is not hanging from anything.
4. The Asian elephant plays with a log attached to a frame while the non-moving log is also shown.

None of those are realistic. What needs to be done is to extract the swing log frame that is an extra graphics frame in ZT's swing log graphics and put that in the swing log used graphics without the log. Then that can be shown at the same time as the elephant playing with log graphics are shown. If I did that, I would probably make it a new swing log ztd with a new name and have only the Asian elephant use it, and leave ZT's swing log and African elephant as they are.

Given the limitations, I'm willing to have option 4 be used. It won't be the most elegant appearance, but every option has some compromises anyways.

You also mentioned about having Jay look into the file about the problems I had regarding the sea turtle and black bear. Have they been able to do so?

But thanks for looking at my file regardless! I really appreciate the help.

No worries! I've already got a lot worked on at the moment, so there's no rush at all. Please take your time!