help, i think i am missing items

doggydog1998

Z.Z.
10 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

we would have to secure permission from Blue Fang

Then how does ZA have them in their downloads?

If I remember correctly they were free downloadable additions to the game, so it is assumed that Blue Fang would be fine with them being shared on fan sites, ZA has them and Wizco had them as downloads on his site as well.

We should be able to download them from ZA and upload them to Tek downloads section without any issues, unless ZA had to get permission to host them, which I doubt considering that site is relatively new.

13 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

However we could have a combined .ztd file ready to share when it is needed on an individual basis.

That would work too, but it would require that people actually have to ask for them instead of just finding them in the downloads.

Can someone get them from ZA and combine them for doggydog then?

I would, but I cant get to ZA and I have no idea how to make combined files :whistling_smiley_by_broni123::animated-smileys-laughing-291:

Cricket
3 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

Can someone get them from ZA and combine them for doggydog then?

None of us can get to ZA right now.

Z.Z.

LOL!

I mean when we can get to ZA again, Im sure Yellowrose will have it up again soon :D

From Jay who has been around from the very early days: According to the browser details, ZA's certificate expired June 17. It cannot be determined when Yellowrose will notice it and renew the certificate. As for ZT, although Blue Fang created ZT, it was for Microsoft. So Microsoft owns ZT. At one time, the ZT site at Microsoft had official downloads for ZT. Being that they were freely available at that site, any fan site should be able to host them without permission. When CC came out, it included all of these official downloads except for the U.S. Flag official download. But that download was not positioned properly anyway, so the positioning was corrected by users and is available at multiple fan sites, including in flag packs. There were also one or two other downloads that were partly official. One was the Sable Antelope. I believe the other was a scenario. When the original ZT was released, deals were made with certain stores to include a bonus CD with one or both of these on it. However, it turned out that the bonus CD was not made correctly and people could not access the files from it. So Microsoft made the Sable Antelope available at their support site. I don't remember if the scenario was also made available at the support site or if that scenario was made available as an official download or if that scenario was included in a later ZT version. The Sable Antelope was not included in CC. Being that the Sable Antelope was intended only for purchases at certain stores but was nevertheless available for anyone to download at the support site, it is a gray area of whether or not fan sites can host it. Fan sites have made it available without Microsoft or Blue Fang saying anything, so I suspect it is okay for a fan site to host it. CC also included new things. Most of the new things were made available as a 51 MB download called the Endangered Species Pack. Being a large download, that caused problems for some people to download. So ZA broke it into parts and made it available to download. The official download had 4 problems and 2 missing themes. The two missing themes were Snowy objects and Japanese objects. ZA talked to Blue Fang if ZA can include those two themes. Blue Fang said those objects may not be made available to others and were left out intentionally from the official download so that people who did happen to pay for CC would have something extra for having paid. So ZA does not have those objects. As for the problems, one was that the Komodo Dragon was intended to be included as an official download, but wasn't. So ZA made that available. Another problem was that the Japanese Serow in the official download was the same as the CC version, so it had the Snowbell Tree as its preferred object. But that tree is part of the Japanese theme and, therefore, was not included in the official download. So the preferred object was missing in the purchase menu for the Japanese Serow. I thought ZA changed the preferred object to something else or changed a scenario concerning it, but I cannot find such changes. Maybe the changes got lost over the years or maybe the changes were in something related, but not in the pack itself. The other 2 problems were that the official download included graphics for the Campfire and Woven Flower Basket, but did not contain the configuration or messages. So I made the configuration and messages for those available at ZKL.

Z.Z.

Wow, thats very interesting.

Jay knows like EVERYTHING! :D

So we should be able to host the extra stuff, with the exception of the Sable Antelope, the Snowy Objects and the Japanese objects?

I have the Complete Collection so the only thing I dont have is the Sable Antelope.

doggydog1998

ya i have everything but Snowy Objects and the Japanese objects, if you need the Sable Antelope i can email it to you, just pm me