• bxdczoo
    • Hawkkeye666
    • Goosifer
    • OttoPruin2007
    • Richy III

Regarding Awards

HeatherL

Excellence in Savannah Exhibit Construction
Congratulations! You have been given the "Excellence in Savannah Exhibit Construction" award for displaying every savannah animal or dinosaur in highly suitable exhibits. This award comes with a cash bonus of $50,000.

Does anyone know what the game considers to be "highly suitable"? I had every exhibit above 95, most 99-100, except the Wildebeasts and African Elephants. I couldn't get them above 94. :angry_fit:

After looking around a little more I found this at ZTCDD:

Excellence in Savannah Exhibit Construction ($50k) -- for placing African
buffaloes, African elephants, African lions, African warthogs, ankylosauruses,
black rhinoceroses, cheetahs, common wildebeests, giraffes, greater flamingos,
hippopotamuses, leopards, olive baboons, ostriches, plains zebras, red
kangaroos, spotted hyenas, Thompson's gazelles, and triceratops in suitable
(80+ rating) exhibits.

So now my question is-

Does anyone know why I didn't get the award as the lowest suitablity rating was 94?

I also discovered a baby in the T-Rex exhibit but was not given the T-Rex Egg Award.

Are these two awards not available in Complete Collection? 

From Jay: Heather did not say which map she used as a base. Some maps do not allow awards, or only allow a subset of awards. I do not believe I have tested the Excellence in Savannah Exhibit Construction award. As far as I know, there are only problems with 2 other awards: the Tyrannosaurus rex Birth - Gold Rex award and the Outstanding Animal Health Plaque award. ZA has fixes for these, but I do not know how well the fixes work. I also believe those fixes were merged with other things, which I feel should not have been done.

From me; Tek has the latter one as ZTUF had a fix for that. Maybe I will see if he will do one for both that is a stand alone fix not with other things.

• Like 2

It's the MM Large Sandy Map.

I've seen the patch for the Outstanding Animal Health so I knew there was a problem there.

The only hack I've seen for T-Rex is the breeding hack by Chiefbutz which just ups their chances for breeding according to the description.

From Jay: It looks like the "Excellence in Savannah Exhibit Construction" award should work in the "Marine Mania: Sandy (Large)" map, as long as no hacks are used (such as HealthFixfreefrm6.ztd or "Triple Filter.ztd", since I didn't look at their configuration and they have their own unlock02.scn). But to know for sure if the award works, I would have to create my own zoo in an attempt to trigger it. Since that involves creating 19 suitable exhibits, that would take a while to create, so that will not be tonight.

Z.Z.

Ok, just started bringing suitability in the exhibits up, first thing I noticed is the African Wild Dog and the Black Buck are both missing from your list.

Not sure if that is the reason why you didnt get the award yet, Ill know once I get all the animals in the test zoo.

I copy/pasted that list from ZTCDD. I had both Blackbuck and Wild Dogs.

Z.Z.

Using MM Large Sandy map

Using Map Editor and invisible fence, no other hacks in the game

Allowed game to run until all research was complete

Referenced Suitability Guide for each exhibit

I am amazed at the number of animals that can not be raised to 100% exhibit suitability.

Trex 99%...

Elephant 89%

Baboon suitability 100%

Zebra 88%...

Rhino 100%

Gazelle 92%...

Wildebeest 85%...

Giraffe 100%

Buffalo 91%...

Hippo 89%...

Lion 100%

Cheetah 100%

Leopard 100%

Wild Dog 99%...

Hyena 88%...

Flamingo 87%...

Ostrich 90%...

Warthog 92%...

Black Buck 100%

Kangaroo 95%...

Ankylosaur 100%

Triceratops 100%

Sable Antelope 100%

Added Baboon, received:
Excellence in Exhibit Design - Silver Plaque - Displaying at least one animal in a highly suitable exhibit

Excellence in Exhibit Design - Gold Plaque - Displaying at least one animal in a highly suitable exhibit

Added Zebra, received:
Quality Animal Care - Blue Ribbon - Providing the highest quality care and treatment for the animals in the zoo

Added Rhino, Gazelle, Wildebeest, Giraffe, Buffalo, Hippo, Lion, received:
Highest Quality Exhibits - Silver Certificate - Providing exhibits of the highest quality for the animals

Diverse Species - Silver Plaque - Exhibiting over 10 different animal species

Added Leopard, Wild Dog, Hyena, Flamingo, received:
Best Zoo - Silver Trophy - Animals well cared for and guests enjoy the experience

Added Ostrich, Warthog, Elephant, Ankylosaur, Triceratops, Trex, received:
Excellence in Dinosaur Exhibit Design - Gold Cup - Exhibiting at least three dinosaurs in suitable exhibits

Added Kangaroo, received:
Excellence in Savannah Exhibit Construction - Displaying every savannah animal or dinosaur in highly suitable exhibits

Added Black Buck, Sable Antelope

So Im not sure why you arent getting the award, you should have it.

I made the mistake of adding the Wild Dog too soon, but discovered that the Black Buck did not count toward the award, so Im guessing the Wild Dog doesnt either seeing as they were both missing from the list for the achievement.

Its getting late tonight, so I will let the game run tomorrow and see what happens after the Trex grow up and make a baby.

Very strange thing about this zoo, I have 33 Treehouse cafes, each 20 tiles or closer to each other, and the game keeps telling me I have a lot of hungry guests, but they just keep walking right by the cafes, and for some reason, the guests arent seeing the animals, even though I am using the same set up I always use. I may have to add observations tomorrow and see what happens.

Curiouser and curiouser....

• Love 1