• kenny
    • pukkie
    • LunaRagnarok
    • And 1
    • Hawkkeye666

I broke my ZT2 game

Z.Z.

Z.Z.

Ok, I got ZT2 for Christmas, Zookeepers Collection, Extinct Animals and Marine Mania.

It loaded onto the computer fine, and it played well for about 2 weeks.

Then it started quitting unexpectedly a couple times a day.

A few days ago it began quitting unexpectedly about every 5 to 10 minutes.

I looked at Blue Fang website, where they directed me to Microsofts website, where the answer sheet said to uninstall the game and reinstall it.

I grabbed all the ZT2 folders I could find and put them in the trash, then ran a search and put the rest in the trash, and emptied the trashcan.

A search now shows no ZT2 items on my computer.

I put in disk one of the Zookeepers Collection to reinstall it, and it will only take me to an uninstall screen and finishes up in the blink of an eye.

When I put in Marine Mania or Extinct Species, it says that ZT2 is not installed on my computer and prompts me to install ZT2.

It will not let me reinstall the software.

I dont know what to do.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z.Z.

• genkicoll

• ape

• Savannahjan

genkicoll

You should have uninstalled the game by using the ZT2 disc or the Add/Remove Programs function in your Control Panel. Too late for that now, of course :wink:

First, empty your trash can. Go to your Control Panel by clicking on Start, then choosing My Computer. Click on Add or Remove Programs and see if ZT2 is in that list. If it is, select it, then click on the Change/Remove button.

Once this is done (even if it wasn't on the list), put your ZT2 disc in. If it still gives you an uninstall option, do it, then close the program, eject the disc, then put it back in. You should be able to install now (remember that you have to install ZT2 before you can install expansions!).

EDIT: Oh, and be sure to pop by the clubhouse in the next day or two :elkgrin: :wink:

Guest ShenTirag

Yes, you really should have used the Add/Remove Programs feature to uninstall ZT2. This is because your computer has what is called a registry, it is a list of things installed on your computer and how they are installed so that your computer knows how to open them. If you do simply delete all the files and folders, the registry does not get changed, which is why your computer still thinks it is installed and only gives you the uninstall option.

If none of that works try defragmenting your computer and then reinstalling :wink:

Z.Z.

"You should have uninstalled the game by using the ZT2 disc or the Add/Remove Programs function in your Control Panel. Too late for that now, of course :wink:"

Yes. I am a Mac user, I only got a PC because Guild Wars would not run on my Mac. On a Mac, to uninstall something you put it in the trash.

This actually does work on the PC with the original Zoo Tycoon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the original game a few times by putting all its folders in the trash.

I discovered that it does not work with ZT2 when it would only give me an uninstall option.

"First, empty your trash can. "

Done.

"Go to your Control Panel by clicking on Start, then choosing My Computer. Click on Add or Remove Programs and see if ZT2 is in that list. If it is, select it, then click on the Change/Remove button."

It is not on the list.

"Once this is done (even if it wasn't on the list), put your ZT2 disc in. If it still gives you an uninstall option, do it, then close the program, eject the disc, then put it back in. You should be able to install now (remember that you have to install ZT2 before you can install expansions!)."

Inserting disk brings up screen with buttons for:

Install (clickable button)

Uninstall (nonclickable button)

Website (clickable button)

Exit (clickable button)

Clicking on Install button brings up new screen which says:

Uninstall Zoo Tycoon 2 Zookeeper Collection

Setup will uninstall Zoo Tycoon 2 Zookeeper Collection and all of its components

[] Remove saved games

[] Remove downloaded content

Next (button) Cancel (button)

Clicking on Next gives a new screen which says:

Maintenance Complete

Setup has completed the uninstall of Zoo Tycoon 2 Zookeeper Collection

Finish (button)

Clicking on Finish closes screen.

Removing and reinserting disk one of ZT2 Zookeepers Collection prompts the same sequence of events again.

I am just so severely bummed.......

"EDIT: Oh, and be sure to pop by the clubhouse in the next day or two :elkgrin: :wink:"

LOL! ok ;)

PS: Computer has been defragmented and had disk cleanup run, still will not install game.

Get an XP!

genkicoll

She has 2, ape :wink: Says so in the first post :elkgrin:

I'm sorry, ZZ, I don't know anything about Macs :(

Oh, goodness. That's sad. I don't know how you can fix that if you've tried everything so far. My problem never got that far cause my dad finally fixed it by manually deleting everything that had to do with it and then puting in the disk and it installed fine. :sad:

genkicoll

ZZ, I think that if you clean your registry, the problem might be solved. Now, how to clean the registry...? Hmm... Hopefully someone knows!