Empty Zoos!

Zarawatto

Zarawatto

Fifth: Sandstream

- Who is this Sandra Arenas? When did she met our Conservation Area and why should we work on her requests now? - stated furiously Félix Manchado on the other side of the desk at the Clinic Building - We just inaugurated the Inn and the Greenhouse last week!

Spoiler

Zoo111.jpg.368ab02205b44f845d5e629910591ff8.jpg

- She's a specialized herpetologist from ARC - answered calmly Canek Cauich -. She came as incognito almost one month ago and is interested in taking part of our work. Headmistress Coyolxauhqui already has lend us resources for a building for two desertic areas for their...

- Desertic areas!? - disrupted Lorena Rojo, sitting next to her partner Félix, as much concerned as him - I alread lost my ideas building two aviary cages under Virginia's survey in order to modify the natural enviroment the least possible and now we have to install some desertic biomes TWICE?

- Let's calm down - set Canek -. I'm also worried about this! I know it wont be easy, but I have an idea: The terrain next to the new Inn is kinda sandy and building tools are still kept there. If we move our brains a bit, we sure may attain this goal. The first shippment arrives in two months. ARC holds some reptiles that were guarded as illegal pets, so their requirements are not that high.

Félix and Lorena shared a dubious gaze. After seconds, Virginia got into the room.

- Am I missing a meeting that I forgot? - said she.

- Actually not - sawed from Félix's teeth - I'm already leaving.

He got up and, making wide steps, left into Jaguar's exhibit.

- I'll talk to him later - said Canek, rising his eyebrows as high as his first hairline -. We'll meet here again in a week, where I'll listen to your ideas.

- Ideas about what? - said Virginia.

Two weeks after the match, the four henchmen gathered next to The Inn carrying tool backpacks and a wheelbarrow. Outside the park, a truck waited for them. With a handsaw in his left hand, Canek started speech:

- You know that cutting down a tree hurts myself like cutting my own arm. We're using these woods matter for the fence and the sand for a path. We already spoke about exhibit's area, so too bad for whoever cuts any sprout one centimeter out the line.

Spoiler

Zoo112.jpg.02147f2a551cf5b5b058d5fec9832235.jpg

The truck drove the trunks to the closest workshop, where the trees were conversed to planks. Once they were ready, Canek himself nailed them all night long with the help of his team and crafted the fence. That weekend, following the precise line of the area, the exhibit limits were established with the precision of an anime character training for some crucial fight.

Spoiler

Zoo114.jpg.617e6dd8d15faf395879168fe7b09c2d.jpg

Canek wasn't even putting his cellphone in his pocket after hanging a call with the greenhouse which would send the foliage for the exhibit, when he was already carrying the wheelbarrow full of sand, minded to arrange the desert floor using only a single shovel. He spent a couple of days until feeling satisfied with the result.

Spoiler

Zoo115.jpg.264856c805cb3408e219668da9fcfe35.jpg

Lorena, Virginia & Félix, with their knees already sored and their hands pricked, were finishing the plant disposal when Canek appeared in the almost ready piece of desert. His shadow was blurry as the sun was ready to go under the horizon blanket. His only words were: "She's comming in five days".

Spoiler

Zoo116.jpg.51eec9eafc6ea483179de626e3446d25.jpg

From a truck with ARC's coat, just like the one from which Virginia Robles came down on her first visit, Headmistress Coyolxauhqui & Sandra landed. 

- I'm really amazed about what you achieved in such a short time! - stated Sandra Arenas when she saw the Desert Project made true.

- Don't you tell! - joked Félix from behind.

- I find no issues with this exhibit, so we should bring in the animals and see if they adapt to their new habitat - she told.

Spoiler

Zoo117.jpg.128425f5373a8fe56cf65d78cc945d15.jpg

- I must say that I'm more than just at ease with your results for our first projects! - stated Headmistress to Canek -. With your engineering skills, we're ready to register our Bio-Park!

- Excuse me? - questioned Canek - My what? I'm no Engineer, or well, not yet...

- Wait, what? - shouted her - You lied to me back at our very first meeting?

- No, Headmistress! - quickly answered Canek - This is a missunderstood! I started my studies as an ESE.

- An ESE?

- Enviromental Systems Engineer, Ma'am - cleared Canek -, but my career is truncated because...

Coyolxauhqui twisted one arm and her eyebrows waiting for the end of the sentence.

- ... because of my work chance at this Cenote - concluded him.

Coyolxauhqui breathed out a whole cloud, mumbled a bit and then exposed the following:

- Well, Sir Canek, we're going to do this. How fast can you conlude your studies from now on?

- One year, until I obtain my license.

- If we want to register our park for bigger projects, I'm signing as responsible until you finish your career. State a date and, if you DO NOT fulfill our agreement, I'm quitting my support to your Conservation Area. Am I clear?

- And what about the animals? - requested him.

- Sure there is another place with all the requirements - sentenced Coyolxauhqui - Just focus on your studies.

- I'll do then, Headmistress - agreed him -. Before you leave, just tell me... May I finish last details for the desert herpetarium?

- Just be sure to keep our agreement! - replied Headmistress - Sandra will be on charge for the second desert exhibit. Lend it to her!

- Of course, it's just details - concluded Canek -. Thanks!

Spoiler

Zoo120.jpg.5d3b9ae396102f59d2a02a00a3aee6a5.jpg

Spoiler

Zoo119.jpg.2dd4c702b09323e83f9c52dff28aa341.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Such a fascinating, especially like the exhibition areas that are connected to the pool.

By the way, where are all those foliage came from? Especially those trees in the water.

On 6/16/2022 at 4:38 PM, Zarawatto said:

You're on your way across the hanging planters right into the tunnel that goes below the Eohippus corral after washing that sticky cheese from your hands at the restrooms. On the other side, on a leafy bench next to the Globe Bush, Luca drinks from a bottle of fresh water as he waits for you to come back. He swallows two times when he notices your walking, then he closes the bottle and stands up.

- How is it going, my friend? - asks he as he approaches - Are you ready to resume the journey? Sure you've been sneaking a bit around. Sure you noticed an arch next to the Synthetoceras & Ceratogaulus exhibit. Do you wanna know what is hiding across those bricks and vines?

Luca starts guiding you right back across the tunnel. In the darkness, he starts talking again.

- At this point, I've showed you a few mammals that lived during the last eras, just after the biggest dinosaurs. Don't you wonder what happent to those titanic lizards? Or should I say "titanic birds"? Yes! We know now that birds living nowadays are actual and modern dinosaurs! In fact, the feathers came earlier as we tought, appearing in the dinosaur evolution in the ancestor shared between dinosaurs and other reptiles like those who flew! Unfortunately, dinosaur restoration is not that easy as for mammals, nor is something that the Thawed Out Park researches are interested about. However, we of course restorted few extinct dinosaur relatives from ice age! Welcome to the Lost Ponds!

When he says this last words, you are now walking below the arch. This area looks completely different to the rest of the zoo. It's like a small rainfortest where the guests are caged and not the animals. Your boots feel soaky at every step you give through the path way.

Hide contents

Zoo045.jpg.fa3c6fdc22598a8bcea4f4869f42ff8c.jpg

- As I told you, birds are ACTUAL dinosaurs, not their modern relatives. The modern dinosaur relatives are actually crocodiles! It is also known that crocodile cells contain feather genes, but they do NOT have the genes for feather making. Although, Purussaurus is not a croc, but a caiman, it might be the bigges crocodilian ever! Other great rivals who can hand this title are Deinosuchus or Mourasuchus, both of them reaching easily 10 meters long! For a comparison, modern salt water croc, the largest modern reptile, gets only 6.5 meters long!

Hide contents

WdNR3PB.gif

Hide contents

Zoo047.jpg.851c8cd721d8613435fb5284ca1bc1bb.jpg

Hide contents

Zoo046.jpg.1c1ca170bbabf4ed56b659672c357f4c.jpg

- Another great reptile group, not that close relative of dinosaurs, are turtles. Among all of them through history, the biggest land turtle was Meiolania, which keeps several misteries that we want to thaw out with their research program! Many people doubt about Meiolania's aquatic nature. Their actual classification is also quite problematic! As problematic as those spikes they have around their neck! While predators could not bite them, Meiolania is not able to fold their own necks either!

Hide contents

8DlzLks.gif

Hide contents

Zoo050.jpg.68959ac253713a1001c9b77b6533ed6b.jpg

Hide contents

Zoo048.jpg.a4b31edbb6289a17ca3ede8d7f9a302e.jpg

- On the other side, we have what you want to be here! Actual dinosaurs! But you won't see a huge Carcharodontosaurus nor a long Sauroposeidon. I sure turned you jaded about birds being dinos. So, we have, on the first corner of the zoo, the hideous Gastornis! Some people have a hilarious depiction of fluffy feathered dinosaurs! But take a look at these and tell me they're adorable. Did you ever, as a child, tried to steal a hen's chick? They get frightfuly mad! Now imagine about these!

Hide contents

Vvva5DJ.gif

Hide contents

Zoo051.jpg.6f951faf75dcee43bf56385e8764b717.jpg

Hide contents

Zoo053.jpg.a6901ad4399c38e9d4f3dc48000e03a3.jpg

- Gastornis' neighbours are in fact called "terror birds" by so many people! Most terror birds, whose scientific name is "phorusrhacids" lived mostly on ancient South America. That's why there's an inca statue standing next to their exhibit. Also, the tallest of them were Kelenken and their name is the one of an ancient deity! Pretty well deserved name for an actual monster! We're almost sure at this point that they were actual predators and not scavengers! This zoo area is pretty reinforced because of this!

Hide contents

ApA0cEr.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo058.jpg.b60e3700da55c12e6227ed3a5793d62c.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo055.jpg.a277d0b6cad67f86512b26021f8863a1.jpg

- But, after what we saw here, the greatest bird of all time was not Gastornis nor Kelenken. Not even the ostriches! On the far island of Madagascar, the greatest bird ever broke what we thought about insular dwarfism! Also, like dinosaurs, it was not a predator, but a frugivore. It was the Aepyornis also known as "elephant bird" because of its dimensions. I'll tell you a secret! When we restored these birds, I got several ideas! I know I said that my team has no interest about clonning dinosaurs, but I do for sure! Maybe, if I have enough time, I'll do it on my own later! Of course, you're gonna be there just like now!

Hide contents

XFNTjUq.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo061.jpg.c851c2169ae79b5e556329eff6d4babb.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo060.jpg.fb6a2b2b045cc76c7a37115d2753791f.jpg

- But, of course, I always state that my favorite dinosaur ever is a well deep fried chicken! So, we got a stand of fried chicken if you want to take a look at dinosaurs that may eat you as you eat one of them! Hahaha sorry! That joke sounds better in my head! Do you wanna give it a try?

As you two take your meal, standing below the observation areas, a Kelenken stands on the other side of the pond. Its points at you with its beak, standing there quietly. Their eyes make contact with you as the chicken meat is chewed in your mouth. Luca also notices it but says nothing. A sutile grin gets drawn in their face. He forces a short laugh before finishing his meal.

- Pretty nice. Isn't it? I'll see you back on the Globe Bush again when you're ready!

He leaves. You turn your head again straight to the Kelenken. It shakes briefly before turning around and going to take a rest at the egg shaped shelter. Its feathers spread into the air and float around. One of them lands on your empty cardboar disposable dish. 

- Are you done yet? 'Cause I'll show you something HUGE! I told you earlier about the roads breaking away from the Feeding Center. Do you wanna know what lies at that side of the zoo? There are two eating places for the munchies that can be bought around the Feeding Center. The Globe Bush at the Eohippus corral is the first one, but the true rest place is at the other way! This is the MegaTusk Plaza! Have a seat and enjoy as you recharge energies! Then, walk across those bulky gates!

Hide contents

Zoo088.jpg.9a34e0cab0fe7ecfab13b3e6118d7e5c.jpg

- As the name and the statues suggest, behind those gates, they who awat for you beyond this ponit are the ancestors of the dog... Nah obviously elephants! Hahaha The first one on this side is not an actual elephant ancestor. Moeritherium belongs to an ancient branch of proboscideans that went lost and extinct so much before the modern elephants apeared. It doesn't even look like them! Their tusks and trunk are pretty short, just like its whole body, resembling a tapir more than an elephant!

Hide contents

Z3yfaW3.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo062.jpg.066f5b6ae7fcece8fe8def30b2fca0c4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo065.jpg.181138c227aea50bd4a13c5ef42aed56.jpg

- Just in front of them, we got something quite interesting! During our search after the biggest terrestrial mammal ever, we found this little friend! It's a close relative of it, but its one of the tiniest proboscideans ever! The genus Palaeoloxodon is quite controversial nowadays. Its validity is dubbed by some as there were findings about it being closely related to asian elephants. Sicilian dwarf elephant research program will disclose several questions about this and one of the biggest land mammals ever. 

Hide contents

3PxUU4p.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo067.jpg.fabeb9f3033223dcfd7e72f67c39876a.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo066.jpg.985c6184e6030cc85a1a7a29f6376421.jpg

- Follow this way! Take a look at this frosty forest! Here, we have a family having a nice time! But first, tell me... Do you know the difference between a Mastodon and a Mammoth? The word "mastodon" means exactly "nipple tooth" because of the conical crown of these animals. I don't know what was thinking whoever thought that name! To me, they look like ice cream cones! Anyways. These teeths were specialized for eating plants like bush or tree leaves, meanwhile mammoths fed on grass! Mastodons belong to the genus Mammut, resulting in some confusion about their names! I'll point some differences later.

Hide contents

VSAtFbY.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo073.jpg.5fc59c7a30111ebdf729e452d72c1bbd.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo069.jpg.3e398d817298313affab8edb6770073a.jpg

- Aren't you amazed enough yet? I'll show you one of the biggest members of the Thawed Out Park! We may count with one hand the land mammal species that are confirmed bigger than Deinotherium! The first thing you'll notice from this ancient elephant is quite weird. Its tusk come out from their jaw! Exactly! Other proboscideans got their tusks from their upper teeth! Most elephants have a use for their tusks as some tool when looking for food. We're still wondering and working on how did these strange tusks work.

Hide contents

Z0l3nfM.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo079.jpg.c17070588505bf90a55370631b77fc55.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo075.jpg.9f35f76f3c4d1c79de4fe4b60ce5a102.jpg

- You may take the bridge to come across the Deinotherium pyramid savannah. We'll get a second savannah praire, but a iced one this time! Again, our team managed to restore an old extinct large mammal that so many people tried to retrieve several times during last decades! We'll resume the differences between mastodons and mammoths! As you've already seen, mastodons were hairy, but mammoths weren't that way! Just the Woolly Mammoth was hairy. You sure noticed that hump! Mastodons lack it! 

Hide contents

XUHPoZW.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo084.jpg.be9a99d9841211a8069170825e88b259.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo081.jpg.ab30510a347e8a2a862ffcec4c7ebb79.jpg

- This is the last member of the MegaTusk Plaza neighbourhood: If Mastodon means "nipple tooth" due to its teeth crowns, Stegodon owes its name to the ridges of its teeth crowns giving a shape like the roof of a house. Several Stegodon species were among the biggest proboscideans. In some of them, the tusks were so close that the trunk grew on and not between them! These six ancient elephant species gathered here establish our Proboscidean Research Program! Our results will help on the conservation of modern african and asian elephants!

Hide contents

TOcWGVK.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo085.jpg.4533d0d58e2cd85ea43c5d6343051cd0.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Zoo087.jpg.6edf266757c2cc02b5f9b56cd72a8c7e.jpg

- We're back at the bulky gates, at the other side the MegaTusk Plaza awaits for us again. Before proceeding to the next area, you should take a look at the Dig Setup! Sure you'll find something intriguing! If you wanna keep something that you find buried there, just don't take a big item or other guest will get jealous! I'll be waiting at the Tea House. Have a nice dig!

When you go into the Dig Setup, there are several shovels laying on the ground. Piles of mud and snow were thrown near them, next to some wet rocks nobody cares about. A sutile spark steals your attention, inviting you to crouch close. You grab a small Ammonite that might become confused with a plain pebble. As it is not that heavy, you can handle it and put it in your pocket. When you stand and start walking out the setup, at the first steps, you feel the stone pounding against your thigh. When you are back at the Tea House, you don't even mind about it anymore.

Zarawatto
6 hours ago, a1236gh said:

By the way, where are all those foliage came from? Especially those trees in the water.

They are from Wolverale's Foliage of the World pack... You may take a look at it in this thread:

I tought no one were looking at my SS since I'm focusing on my designing! Thanks for making me remember how much I like building parks! I'll resume the mexican park soon now that aphibians are complete...

Thanks so much.

3 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

They are from Wolverale's Foliage of the World pack... You may take a look at it in this thread:

I tought no one were looking at my SS since I'm focusing on my designing! Thanks for making me remember how much I like building parks! I'll resume the mexican park soon now that aphibians are complete...

• 10 months later...
YoungerPrinceLothric
On 1/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, Zarawatto said:

I'm back after a while! Honestly, as I told in the Aussie Tour post, I ran out of ideas when developing this zoo... I'm not that pleased with the final result... I ran out of time without buying the last buildings... I just bought the last flower beds after the campaign ended or the zoo would look just half colored... Anyways... The next zoo will be the first Dino Park, and it will be so much better!

Empty Beach Resort

from the Beach Resort Zoo campaign:

User-made only resctricted: Animals, paths, decorative fences and scenery.

In-game stuff allowed: Exhibit fences, buildings, rocks, foliage and staff.

Objectives:

1. Rating: 80.

2. Animal happiness: 90.

3. Suitability: 80 for 7 exhibits.

4. Diveristy: At least 2 animals from North Pole, Austrialia, North America, South America, Southeast Asia, North Africa and 5 from african savannah.

Default buildings: None.

In-game animals required: None.

Main view of the map:

Hide contents

Zoo002.jpg.cba030a47a6f7512b54b13d99e6fffba.jpg

For the entrance, we got Hawkkeye's Wild Turkey & Ghirin's Gryfalcon... This gave me a new idea... Next free zoo will be a full avian zoo! 🦅🦅

Hide contents

Zoo003.jpg.566605c8dc18d65e9294b60d748b5f7e.jpg

If you wanna have a nice time at the Devona's Ballpit, you gotta walk across a small praire, between Borsato's Defassa Waterbuck & Hawkkeye's Secretary Bird (secretary birb was a new release when I built this)

Hide contents

Zoo006.jpg.a1a77d147604ea58d0b45d83b6e3f60d.jpg

Otherwise, you may go to the island and get a snack! Also go and take a look at the elephants graveyard where Borsato's Striped Hyaenas are taking a rest in their skull cave 💀💀

Hide contents

Zoo004.jpg.339a7cd634fe6bd67ec817ac4acaf988.jpg

The first idea was the path guiding to a building where the default rock cave is at the start... I built the exhibits for Khaydar's Spectacled bear, Borsato's Common Wombat & Borsato's Sulawesi Babyrusa... The time ended and this wasn't concluded... Anyways, I'll give these animals a second chance in the following scenarios!

Hide contents

Zoo007.jpg.8bd0ab35ccd948137e41a0c55dc4d5c8.jpg

I'm aware that it's not as good as other of my zoos, I know... Aussie Tour just got most of my inspiration and ideas 😹😹 But my neurons are filled again for the Dino Zoos... Wait for them 🦖🦖

May I ask where those umbrella picnic tables in your eating areas came from?

umbr1.png

umbr.png

For both these you need the Combined Guest Hack For ZT Community  because there can only be one guest hack in the game without causing problems of "stuck guests" etc. Make sure you read the instructions including the ones with these packs.

The top one is part of the Chick-Fil-A Theme Pack

The second is McDonald's Theme Pack - MM and CC

• Thanks 1