Empty Zoos!

Zarawatto

Zarawatto
10 hours ago, Fern said:

I don't think anyone has made any underwater pussy cats. :whistling_smiley_by_broni123:

Not yet... Or not as far as I've seen 🤔🤔

So, this new park theme is Megafauna 🦣🦣 A full Ice (and "not-that-frozen") Age zoo, where the six in-game Ice Age animals are gonna meet their relatives from ZT2 and other UCAs 🥶🥶 I always tought that ZT has very limited Ice Age variety... That's why I found this like a nice idea for a new park!

Some other plans for theme parks I have are:

- Japanese Zoo 🇯🇵🇯🇵

- Mexican Zoo 🇲🇽🇲🇽

- Now that you mention it, also an India Zoo 🇮🇳🇮🇳

- An evolution theme park from the earlier dinos to modern birbs 🪶🪶

Other suggestions are welcome! I'll bring a sneak peek in a few hours 👀👀

• Love 2

Zarawatto

Earlier today, I just finished the third (maybe the biggest) section of the Thawed Out Park... The Mega Tusk Plaza! Who lies beyond those bulky gates? The ancient relatives of the elephents, of course! Might you guess what are the six members of the neighbourhood? 🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

(All of the ivory used for the scenery is obviously imitation 😉😉)

Sneak Peek!

Spoiler

image.jpeg.a7c6aea73d0fa3d778527a0821403ceb.jpeg

• Love 3

Zarawatto

Update! Asian Highlands map has several default hills around the building zone, resulting on half-cut hills at the fringe of the zoo when you flat the terrain 😣😣 Take this pic as a second sneak peek, but it's just an example... (Who might be there taking a nap inside that barn?)

Spoiler

image.jpeg.ad0ee25d06eb7eec94c9bee1034b68a5.jpeg

As you can see, I used the cliffs and decorative fences in order to hide them, but it's not that easy when you are building and one of the angles is completely covered behind that hill! So, it's not just unpleasant to look at, it also makes it difficult (and quite annoying) when you reach the edge of the zoo while building...

The solution, I had to add a tool that I refused to use until now: The map editor. That's how I flattened all the terrain, but that also opens a whole world of possibilities for next scenarios 🤔🤔

The thing is... I need to run it in the middle of the gameplay with almost half built zoo and not on an empty map... May it bug or damage my saved file? 🙀🙀 I got the Zoo Admin Map Editor, changed the terrain and then I erased the hack file from the dlupdate folder...

From Jay: If one is extremely careful while using a map editor, it is possible to do so with animals, guests, and staff in a zoo. But since it is easy to do something that confuses ZT, I recommend to pause ZT, delete the zoo entrance, save the zoo, reload that saved zoo, and pause ZT again right away, so that zoo activity does not occur. Then make changes while ZT is paused, add the zoo entrance, possibly click on the zoo entrance to change the zoo name, save the zoo, exit ZT, remove the map editor, then go back into ZT to do any additional editing. Of course, I always recommend the Developer Map Editor instead of the ZA Map Editor, although the Developer Map Editor takes a little more effort to set up initially. However, for the mentioned problem, there might be an alternative to using any map editor. It might be possible to raise the terrain for the entire exhibit so that it is no longer hidden by the hills outside the zoo. Then when done editing the exhibit, the terrain for the entire exhibit can be lowered again. But of course if the hills outside the zoo are not desired in the finished zoo, then a map editor would have to be used.

• Thanks 1

Zarawatto

I think I was sooo careful while editing the map... I have no issues yet! Thanks ♡♡ If necessary, I'll try Developer Map Editor next time 😸😸

Zarawatto

New Sneak Peek!

The Thawed Out Park is almost done! This time, the new hotspot is the Antlers Hanging Garden! The path merges with the flowers in a mesmerizing way, so you can sit and relax while eating popcorn! Just remember not to feed the animals with it! And, speaking about animals... Who might be dwelling in the exhibits near the Antlers Hanging Garden? The clue is the name itself 😉😉

Spoiler

image.jpeg.1d0f00167610f31fb2363a27945cd189.jpeg

Expect a third Sneak Peek before the "unveil post". Have a nice middle-of-the-week!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Zarawatto

Update!

I'm running out of space for the Thawed Out Park! 🙀🙀 I had to use the Map Editor once again to make the map even bigger, so I can build the park as I want to... I'm building a mean of three exhibits/day... At this point, I think there will be a few species that I should skip in order to include as much as I want without making some areas quite repetitive 😿😿 Anyways, I hope those won't make a meaningful difference on the final product! 

Thus, the park will be a pinch delayed, as I was expecting to unveil it this weekend.. That's why I got you another Sneak Peek! This time, behold the Old & Then Cats Research Center! Now, a small riddle. Around the Research Center, there are three saber tooth animals and three cat species, but if you add up them, the final result is not six, but four! How can this be?

Spoiler

image.jpeg.a207bd7acc518f6d83269e8163ae1da7.jpeg

Have a nice saturday! 😽😽

• Love 1

Zarawatto

Fast question!

Which app or software can I use to make a big screenshot of the whole map like the first one from these posts?

Thanks in advance! 😸😸

2 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

Fast question!

Which app or software can I use to make a big screenshot of the whole map like the first one from these posts?

Thanks in advance! 😸😸

I did that in Powerpoint :- )

Zarawatto
14 hours ago, ruben said:

I did that in Powerpoint :- )

So.. Did you take several screenshots and then merged them like a big puzzle? 🤔🤔 Nice... I didn't think on that 😼😼