Empty Zoos!

Zarawatto

9 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

I just did that but some packs could not be merged (like Zootan's decorative fences)... When extracted, some files have the same name and I'm afraid they won't work properly if I change their names 🤔🤔

That would be the freeform unlock probably. I did those files for him. You will find that with buildings too. If we use ids that are already in use and we do a lot the freeform unlock is for that id. For the fences they are most likely the Low Decorative Fence unlock. It makes for less files for the game to read. You will find we use that a lot for Restaurant and Gift Shop. You can combine them with no problem. For user made decorative fences there are 3 main ones - Low Decorative Fence, Decorative Fence, and most likely Tall Decorative Fence. The freeform unlock is the file that makes them available when you start the zoo.

Zarawatto

Hi again! This one toke me three attempts... It's impossible to build one exhibit for every animal in this campaign... So, I chose the multiple species exhibits strategy... Also, time is not enough, so I built exhibits before buying all of the scenery. This is what came out!

Empty Coconino County Zoo

from the Saving the Great Cats campaign:

User-made only resctricted: Animals, paths, decorative fences and scenery.

In-game stuff allowed: Exhibit fences, buildings, rocks, foliage and staff.

Objectives:

1. Diversity: Read the *In-game animals required* section.

2. Suitability: 85 for Cat exhibits.

3. Animal happiness: 90.

Default buildings: None.

In-game animals required: Lion, bengal tiger, white tiger, siberian tiger, leopard, clouded leopard, snow leopard, black leopard, jaguar & cheetah (2 of each one).

Main view of the map 😸😸

Sole exhibits: Lion, siberian tiger, snow leopard & jaguar

Multiple exhibits: Bengal tiger/white tiger, clouded leopard/black leopard, cheetah/leopard

Spoiler

Zoo001.jpg.e2e4ea5886ec9e4abb6971e74b3ba161.jpg

Jungle tigers exhibit! 🐯🐯 LAwebTek's fires are awesome 🔥🔥

Spoiler

Zoo002.jpg.9a28e3760411c2602e8a80c8d57bbc3c.jpg

Lion family praire 🦁🦁 LAwebTek's bones are now one of my fav items! 🦴🦴

Spoiler

Zoo003.jpg.1678854defb853e4290e827cedb0ac20.jpg

These other big cattos are too little warm ❄️❄️ The colorful Toodlepop's awnings are just lovely! 

Spoiler

Zoo004.jpg.45fc27de89dd14ca9ed6942be2b30171.jpg

Whoops! For this one, the foliage must be disabled! Again, most foliage comes from Wolv12's pack 🌲🌲

Spoiler

Zoo005.jpg.abd860a4793f4a348cddc2f299d103b1.jpg

Spoiler

Zoo007.jpg.65852e94994c29096b486c4b7d52a627.jpg

Genki's animal pattern paths are perfect for this cat-themed zoo! 

Spoiler

Zoo008.jpg.ebba2590d63599dba54c8825026598aa.jpg

Sundance's habitat rocks are one of my fav items since so many years ago 🌱🌱

Spoiler

Zoo010.jpg.661ade53ffff354f3451c1aed4ed82e2.jpg

Ugh! I don't want to deal with these moody cats! That's why I left their exhibit for last... Genki's frozen waterfall are good and useful when hidding the dirt of the cliffs in the mountain exhibits!

Spoiler

Zoo011.jpg.a89d83ac0592871a82b02cdab7ed7fca.jpg

For the caimpaigns where in-game animals are required, the multiple species exhibit is an awesome strategy... I'm not sure how am I going to do further... Welp, the cat-lovers zoo is done! Maybe, I'll do a bigger one with userin freeform when the challenge ends! Until next time... Have a nice xmas eve! Hope you all have a delicious dinner tomorrow with your loved ones 🍴🍴

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Zarawatto

OMG! I'm not sure about this fact but I COULD bet that okapi is the in-game animal with the lowest breeding rate... Every time I play this campaign, I must reload my checkpoint when is the only couple left who has not "unleashed all of their passion" yet 😹😹 This time, I made almost 20 resets until achieving the breeding for okapi... Also, I gathered a lot of user-made stands but never got the guest hack in order to use the fan-made benches (I love all of the IRL restaurant packs made by users, but I just got the benches... I won't free-promote them despite most of us know and consume their stuff) Anyways... Here it is!

Empty Murphys Canyon Zoo

from the Endangered Species Zoo campaign:

User-made only resctricted: Animals, paths, decorative fences and scenery.

In-game stuff allowed: Exhibit fences, buildings, rocks, foliage and staff.

Objectives:

1. Suitability: 70 for 12 exhibits.

2. Rating: 70

3. Guest happiness: 93.

4. Animal happiness: 90.

5. Breeding: Okapi, white tiger & black leopard

Default buildings: Animal theater (1), soda stand (1) & burger stand (1).

In-game animals required: Black bear, moose, okapi, white tiger & black leopard.

Main view of the map! I have a big question about this map: How is it possible to put water terrain in a hill? 🙀🙀

Spoiler

Zoo001.jpg.5af229576c352df5af6f6740ee78eb45.jpg

Original animals in the zoo with their re-built exhibits!

Spoiler

Zoo006.jpg.e9930d1098e4a563db99355a02271f0f.jpg

The Murphy Canyon picnic area... Devona's old food stands available at ZKL are too cute... I got most of them, but this time I started testing the candy appple stand 🍎🍎

Spoiler

Zoo002.jpg.ffdabdf3b813f92d25fba9025d63c8de.jpg

First cradle exhibit! White tiger rainforest waterfall!

Spoiler

Zoo008.jpg.9393a51b77e0f60b65d82c5c29f2b30d.jpg

Spoiler

Zoo025.jpg.1e9140139fcf4e2e9a4e324ef97f1f11.jpg

Second cradle exhibit! Black leopard rainforest train! 🚉🚉

Spoiler

Zoo009.jpg.bb99a7ec8eec9325a37872f61090cff8.jpg

Third cradle exhibit! Devona's balloon arches stand for the newborn okapi party! 🎈🎈

Spoiler

Zoo012.jpg.1765e5ba3beff14447fd965e60a94cbe.jpg

And now... At the zoo gates: At your right side: Taz's  European red deer enjoying Dr Rick's Tall elms!

Spoiler

Zoo003.jpg.3b88160971ba9e2e342a7253ceffc39b.jpg

Then, at your left side: A Borsato's crowned crane pond family!

Spoiler

Zoo005.jpg.1fa5e1d85b9bc6e5e20f834533f02e98.jpg

I was building the following exhibits when I just noticed most of my animals were australian... That gave me an idea: Later, for one of these campaigns, I'll build an Australian-themed zoo! Is there any suggestion of tasmanian devil? Meanwhile, I got these: A platypus pond, a koala eucalyptus forest and an echidna savannah praire, all Borsato's and all of them bred! I didn't notice until the end!

Spoiler

Zoo014.jpg.cdfb855adf129c1cdbfcfdaa8fcf5bad.jpg

Spoiler

Zoo015.jpg.2f5e194ade887f11adb26a6e3cb0e303.jpg

Spoiler

Zoo018.jpg.d49b86cbd9816753384830765bf98322.jpg

Another Borsato's UCA: The monk seal... You'll notice I also got Z.Z.'s Natural shelters... They look pretty awesome... This pack is now one of my "must have"!

Spoiler

Zoo024.jpg.3d7028fb37e17fdfe7d5a11a54d7b1f3.jpg

Finally, a small desert for a Taz's addax couple... 🌴🌴

Spoiler

Zoo020.jpg.cdc32b60a58f4696ca201f0fb735d620.jpg

As a new year aim, I'll be working on a new project: I'll start writting a book! 📖📖 I began this work several years ago when I was studying but the university swallowed most of my time... Hence, I had to cut the project... So, later campaigns in january and so on may be delayed as I'll spare my time between writting and building zoos. Hope you like it! Until next time... Have a nice day 🥰🥰

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

How is it possible to put water terrain in a hill? 🙀🙀

Looks like it is meant to be a down-hill stream. It seems to me such a thing should be found in nature, though the water may cut a deep trench through the hill eventually via erotion.

Zarawatto
26 minutes ago, Truly_happy said:

Looks like it is meant to be a down-hill stream. It seems to me such a thing should be found in nature, though the water may cut a deep trench through the hill eventually via erotion.

Sure... I know... but I mean 😅😅 Acording to game mechanics, it is not possible to change slope terrain to water... Just flat terrain... But this map has default water tiles in slope terrain... You can even change them to salt water using the terrain tool, but adjacent slope terrain may not be changed to water 🤔🤔

I just assumed it's part of a tool the developers decided not to release. I always incorporate it into my zoo, since it can't be reinstated if demolished.

Savannahjan

I have never noticed there is sloped water built in a map.  Which map is that?  Just when you think there is nothing new to discover in ZT.

• Like 1

It is in the Intermediate Endangered Species Scenario. I am testing a hack for it. But from what I gather you will only be able to use it at the beginning of the zoo because the animals treat it like terrain and "walk-on-water". Once you place it you have to save the game and remove the hack. And then if you replace any of it you cannot replace it with water. This is probably what BF did when they made the maps.

• Love 1