pERAS

• LLo
    • pdn
    • MaastrichianFan
    • qkr5614
    • TheOneCalledWaffle

zoo of the year award? HELP

Guest vickiesunflower

Genki, did you (or anyone else for that matter) try to build a zoo with all the ZTCC animals in it and succeed? I'm curious because I'm trying to do just that at the moment ~ along with two show tanks, the penguin colony, etc. I'm only about halfway through the list .. I'll let you know if I can fit them all in. I'm using a map I made ~ no frills, just huge lol!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• pukkie

• momAKAmom

• ageise02

Would that be including the dinosaurs, Lierin? I did do a zoo with all zoo and all marine animals and that is very possible

Sunflowers, I've built several zoos where I achieved all the awards except the T Rex egg and the animal health one (neither works). My animal list (and exhibit sizes) is:

Two show tanks ~ one shared by Orca and Bottlenose Dolphin, and the other shared by Southern Sea Otter and Cal. Sea Lion.

Penguin Colony ~ 15 x 16

Giant Panda ~ 8 x 10 (note, since TP created her Panda buildings I double that to 8 x 20)

Those two should be built as soon as possible so they are ready when your zoo has baby pandas and a pair of penguins donated.

Cal. Sea Lion ~ 7 x 10

Southern Sea Otter ~ 8 x 10

Orca ~ 12 x 15

Bottlenose Dolphin ~ 8 x 10

Polar Bear ~ 10 X 14 with tank instead of water terrain ... be careful, polar bears can climb out of tanks. Use rocks, etc. to keep them in!

Arctic Wolf ~ 10 x 14

Pacific Walrus ~ 10 x 12 with tank instead of water terrain

Beluga ~ 10 x 12

Narwhale ~ 8 x 10

Bowhead Whale ~ 12 x 15

Humpback Whale ~ 12 x 15

Sperm Whale ~ 13 x 20

Tiger Shark, Shortfin Mako Shark, Hammerhead Shark all together ~ 10 x 15 tank (add 8 to depth, 1 cave, 1 ship, 24 kelp, 83 sm rocks) gives a 100 suit. for the tiger and 96 suit for the mako and hammerhead.

Great White Shark ~ 8 x 10

Allosaurus ~ 20 x 20

Apatosaurus ~ 20 x 25

Camptosaurus ~ 12 x 17

Caudipteryx ~ 6 x 10

Kentrosaurus ~ 14 x 15

Plesiosaurus ~ 10 x 14 with tank instead of terrain water

Stegosaurus ~ 12 x 15

Giant Ground Sloth ~ 10 x 10

Giant Tortoise ~ 10 x 10 with tank instead of terrain water

Wooly Mammoth ~ 10 x 15

Wooly Rhinocerous ~ 10 x 12

This is 29 of the 30 animals needed for the Diverse species gold award. Adding just the T Rex would give you your 30 and all of the awards *if the T Rex one worked*.

I generally add 'popular' animals such as the Saltwater Crocodile, Bengal Tiger, White Bengal Tiger, Black Leopard, a Hippo/Flamingo combined exhibit with tank and water terrain, Okapi, African Elephant, Unicorn, Harbor Porpoise, Mermaid, etc.

I generally use the freeform unlock hack (mostly because it annoys me to constantly have to research everything from scratch just to have the shelters I need) and once in a while the super hack. It takes a while, but that list of animals will get you all of the awards. I've tried adding animals from all the biomes, but that doesn't seem to affect the zoo ratings all that much, so I stick with the ones that the guests like. Also, I sink my dino exhibits and use regular fences except for the gate ~ which does seem to make the guests happier. Actually, I sink ALL of my exhibits. I've placed both Okapi and Giant Panda exhibits right at the entrance that way and have never gotten a message that they are feeling crowded.

My exhibit sizes are a combination of other's notes, trial and error, etc. I still have problems getting some of the animals to 100% suitability (the camel and gemsbok in particular), but I generally have 100% on my marine and dino exhibits. Hope some of that helps ~ just take your time and have fun with it :biggrin:

edit to add ~ I didn't list the Savannah animals because my brain hasn't had enough coffee yet ....

I'm including the dinos as well Pukkie. I've gotten all of the zoo and marine animals, but I haven't been able to fit all of them in if I include the dinos and the show tanks. I 'think' I could if I skipped all of the attractions and placed no restaurants, but so far I haven't tried that. Angry guests are annoying :cristi:

Yup. I made one that is 146 x 146 squares leaving one square and two squares empty around the fence. Than I sat and added up the minimum space I need for all of the exhibits. I'm about halfway done with it so far, but adding in paths and space for hotels and restaurants takes up quite a bit of space. I'll try and take some screenshots and get them posted later tonight (in the screenshot thread). I haven't added any animals yet. I'm just building the exhibits.

i followed the link you gave me genki for all the awards and decided to make a zoo trying to get all the awards listed, well as many as i can get.

but even the large maps just dont seem big enough. ive printed off every award so i have them to look back at for reference.

i just got the bronze shark statue, but already dont have that much room left in my zoo.

i need a bigger map.

this is going to take forever.

Sunflowers, it's easier than you think it is. Open your zoo, get your money cheat going (you'll need it), pick an award, such as the penguin colony and build it. Get the award then sell the penguins and delete the exhibit. Zoo Tycoon gives the award and it's yours even when the exhibits gone. Build another exhibit that will give you an award and so on. Along the way you'll pick others such as excellance in various things if you make sure you have very high suitability. The diversity are the easiest as you build a large exhibit, pause your game, load the exhibit with 30 different species of one each then unpause (is that a word) and quickly pause again as you get the award (otherwise there's mayhem as everybody gets murdered. Again the award is permanent. If you do all this close to the end of the first year, you'll pick up the Health award provided you get the fix as Zoo Tycoon won't part with this award otherwise (it's available at Zoo Tycoon Unleashed). Try to get 15 awards then you get "Best Zoo in the World" and you can get the feeling you've accomplished something!! To get all the guests that dropped in to watch, do the "Alfred H" thing and have them leave; their rates will be low and you want a whole new ball game anyway. Then go on and build your zoo as you prefer it. :yahoo:

Sorry to say this but that kind of sounds like cheating to me.

If you do all this close to the end of the first year, you'll pick up the Health award provided you get the fix as Zoo Tycoon won't part with this award otherwise (it's available at Zoo Tycoon Unleashed). Try to get 15 awards then you get "Best Zoo in the World" and you can get the feeling you've accomplished something!!

BTW what fix are you talking about from Unleashed and what version do you need it for?