• TRIFORCE89
    • Hawkkeye666
    • Forester_Sk

ZTD Files Mysteries

Guest Dizzy

Guest Dizzy

Hi there...

Looks like spring is in the air… :flychick:

I started to clean out some desks, and to my surprise I found some cd’s with plenty of ZTD files on it.

Funny enough, way back than I must have decided that renaming each file would be a much more efficient way of sorting things.

Now I know that isn’t the case

After sorting and digging through about 2700 or more ZTD files I was left with 268 ZTD files I have no clue where they are from or what they really are.

Now I was wondering if you could help me out :help: it's pretty easy.

I made screenshots of each and every one of them.

I just would like to know, if you recognize any of them.

If yes,

A. where does the download come from

B. is it part of a pack, if yes which one

C. if it’s a building, is it a working building or not (please don’t forget where it came from)?

Anybody willing to help out a crossed eyed moosy?

If so please let me know, I’ve uploaded all the screens to an account, only thing is I do not want the whole world to see it, so I made it private.

If you’re curious…pls send me a p.m. and I will send you a login and password including the link where you can find all my screens.

And to make it even more simple, if you are there and you recognize one of them, the only thing you need to do is leave a

comment in the comment section by the screenshot.

Thanks ever so much…

Dizzy

Dizzy. You will be able to identify a lot of the stuff from the 8 character id. One of the things we are working on at the Download Directory is listing the ids as part of the file info. You could try sending me a list if you want.

Some I would recognise from screens. The file date would help too, because of sites coming and going.

Guest Dizzy

Fern...how wonderfull...thank you I'll keep that in mind :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green:

And for now a big big big thank you to Menolly, Genki, Gem and Pukkie :254:

Thanks to you 4 wonderfull ladies there are now only 90 mysteries to be solved!!!

One of you mantioned the book-store, any idea where this came from?

Thanks again ladies and Fern, if mysteries are left over I will send you a list, although browsing through the screenshots might be a bit easier :post-6-1170309992:

Guest Caddienoah

Fern,

Above you said that Dizzy could identify by the 8 character id. What is this id? Like Dizzy, I've tried to clean up a mess of files that need to be straightened out. I'd be happy if I could at least seperate them by site...then I could go through them, comparing them to the files at the site, placing them in a site file, either as something I want to use, save in case I may want to use later, or remove the file. I'm so confused (sighs)...I've even thought of deleting the mess and just starting over...esp. since Zoo Admin, ZTP, and Download Directory are such great resources!

genkicoll

The 8-character ID is how ZT distinguishes one file from another. Every single item in ZT has one. The only way to access the number (that I know of) is by looking inside the ztds. APE assigns these ID's when we create something. When you open your average scenery or foliage ztd, there are two folders: Objects and Scenery. If you look inside the Objects folder, there is another folder with one of these ID numbers. For instance, looking inside a tulip ztd that I just did, I see that the folder inside my Objects folder is called 31150026. This number is repeated throughout the file, but this is the fastest way to find it.

You don't actually have to unzip your ztd to find this number if you have WinRar, which is something I absolutely LOVE since I'm inside files so often. With WinRar, all I have to do is double-click on any ztd, and WinRar will pop up (after making the file association the first time I used it), showing me the contents of the ztd. Awesome!

How do you unzip a ztd, you ask? There are different methods, the easiest to understand being that you rename the file from .ztd to .zip, then unzipping it like any zip file.

Is there a master file of IS numbers somewhere so we could look them up as we clean out our files as I too need to do mine and I'm getting so desperate am about to delete everything and start over :crybaby: :crybaby: :sad: :help:

Guest Dizzy

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that does a little house cleaning in my ZTD's files and cd'

Considering my ztd files were all renamed, I had to install them in the game, place them,

take a picture, exit the game and rename the photo to the file........ one by one.

At first I hated to do this, but now I'm glad I did.

Now if need a ztd file, I just look up the photo and find the combining file.

Thought I mention this as a 'cause-you-are-house-cleaning-busy-anyways' tip :vishenka_33:

Menolly

I too have reorganize my downloads several times. Finally I have everything in some sort of category and each category has a screenshot file. It really helps when you want one certain file and don't know the name.