Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Fern
    • HeatherL
    • ryrysnysny
    • TRIFORCE89

window mode

cme550

Is there any way to play Zoo Tycoon 1 in a window? I know we can with ZT2, but I can't find that option with ZT1. I have complete collection, if that means anything.

Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellowrose

• April_Fool_79

• genkicoll

• cme550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

genkicoll

I think there is, but I've never used it. If you click on the icon you use to go into your save options, there are several tabs there with more options. Next time I load the game, I'll try to find the exact way, but you can experiment in the meantime, and maybe you'll find it :D

Guest Caddienoah

Genkicoll,

Another question...what does Christy mean "play in a window"? I have ZT2 but haven't played it (first three disks for many monthes), so not familiar with the game structure. :unsure:

genkicoll

We're actually talking about ZT1 (I think! ... this is the topic for ZT1, so I'm assuming :tongue). "Window" mode means what we're doing right now - using programs that we can easily minimize or use NOT full-screen if we choose. Does that make sense? We can still <Alt><Tab> between programs, even with ZT1 not in Windows mode, but it's easier to go back and forth between programs when you can easily access your toolbar and just click between programs :)

April_Fool_79

You can either use the button in the display options, or just hold down the Ctrl key and push Enter, and it will window the fullscreen game. :)

Guest Caddienoah

You mean that I don't have to exit the game when I looking for something in the files to add to the current game I'm working on???????

I get tired of opening and closing till I find what I want. Wow, you taught an "old" guy (or dog if you wish to stay true to the maxim) something new!

:yahoo:

Were you going to stick out your tongue at me [:tongue] above? You young whipper-snapper?

You can also use the 'Alt + Tab' keys to minimize your game to the task bar & then you have access to your system,

but I'm not sure if you add a file to your game while its running it will show up. You might need to restart your game so the

new files will load.

It would be a nice experiment... :smile:

Guest Caddienoah

That's still seems easier then exiting and re-starting. If one could switch saved games, then switch back to the original zoo, if that would work, similar to a re-start.

I click alt enter to get the zoo in window mode

However what you want can only be done if all your zoos use the same downloads for say if you work in your Asian Zoo

and then switch to for instance another zoo based on an arctic theme You do have to empty your downloadfolder first and upload all the UCI's you used in the arctic one but then when you switch back you have to follow the same procedure

It is nice in contests though that you can play in windows mode while discussing the zoo on msn :elkgrin:

But I found it hard to play that way for when you want to build the map doesn't follow the mouse

I mean when I Place a path around an exhibit and the path reaches the edge of the window it stops You then first have to place the mouse on the edge so the zoo will shift to where you want it and then you can go on placing the path

So if you want to play full screen is the nicest way to keep on playing

You can also set window mode ingame

Pic 1 shows full screen

pic 2 shows what to click

pic 3 shows graphic options

pic 4 shows window mode

post-68-1206531397_thumb.jpg post-68-1206531410_thumb.jpg

post-68-1206531423_thumb.jpg