Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellowrose

• April_Fool_79

• genkicoll

• cme550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

April_Fool_79

@ Yellowrose ... YAY!! Someone else using Vista!! :)

Off topic, I know, but is your monitor by any chance a widescreen one? Cause I'm having some display issues that I think are related to the fact that I'm using a widescreen. I'm having to play in windowed mode to keep the aspect ratio the same. If I play fullscreen, it stretches out funky.

Ya I noticed that as well if I play full screen and yes I my new monitor is a 22" wide screen and I'm not sure about Vista yet I have only had this new system for operational at home for a few days all my others run XP and I may go back to it on the new one as well. Not sure yet but I have heard Vista has compatability issues with some programs, so if it has issues with the ones I use most frequently I'll be going back to XP.

Guest Caddienoah

So to clear this up... in window mode...I can't add to the dlupdate file, for the zoo I'm currently working on, even if I switch to another zoo and come back to the zoo that I added files to...What I mean is close the zoo I'm working on, not the complete game, add files to the dlupdate file of ZTCC, open another zoo, not playing that zoo, but closing it, and re-opening the original zoo...the new items will or won't show up in the lists of this zoo.

The way I add now is to close the entire game, pull up the files for the game and the files for UCI's, move them around, and then minimize both of those, restart the game, which takes several minutes, and see what I loaded, hopefully the right ones, and then re-open the zoo, and start placing items.

Savannahjan

Caddienoah, I think you have to close the game and restart to get the newly added items to show up, that has been my experience. I personally don't like the windows mode. You can pause the game and then press the little "window" key on either side of the bottom row of the keyboard and it will minimize.

Vista, YUK! Double YUK! We have had nothing but problems with our older games and software. We can't go to XP or it will void our warranty on the computer, so anyone thinking of changing operating systems, please check your warranty first.

Caddienoah adding files is usually quick if you have them sorted and know exactly what you want to add. It only takes a minute or 2 to save your zoo exit the game copy and paste new files to the dlupdate folder and restart the game. It's a pain I know but it's the only way ZT will recognize the new files as the game interface needs to read the new file info before it can show it.

ZooGrammy
Vista, YUK! Double YUK! We have had nothing but problems with our older games and software. We can't go to XP or it will void our warranty on the computer, so anyone thinking of changing operating systems, please check your warranty first.

I'm sorry Jan but I don't share your feelings. I guess I prejudiced because our son had a major part in creating this new operating system. My husband has it on his computer and he loves it. Upgrading is just a part of life with computers. It's hard to make changes but if we are going to go forward we have to do it.

Guest Dizzy

I've been working with Vista for almost a year now...and the only problem I had/have was a major crash due to a faulty download (my own fault), and patience.

Yes patience, waiting untill software giants create drivers so their programmes will work with Vista...can't blame Vista for this is my opinion.

Hehehe...1 problem I did encounter with Vista is when I started to sort out my ztd files...

I kept confusing ingame with downloaded files, better graphics and colors...very confusing :whistilin: