Newest Member
    pERAS

• (Admin)Cricket
    • Big Chungus
    • HeatherL

Platypus

Platypus

Jordan

WOW! Those animations are amazing! If you require it, I would be happy to lend a hand in making these great images into a working animal. I have written a fairly extensive tutorial on the subject, so I suggest you take a look at it and then we can work from there. Having it tankable takes a little more work and I don't remember if it is covered in the tutorial but I have done it in the past. You can find the guide HERE.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platypus

• genkicoll

• ZooGrammy

• pukkie

WOW! Those animations are amazing! If you require it, I would be happy to lend a hand in making these great images into a working animal. I have written a fairly extensive tutorial on the subject, so I suggest you take a look at it and then we can work from there. Having it tankable takes a little more work and I don't remember if it is covered in the tutorial but I have done it in the past. You can find the guide HERE.

Incredibly helpful, thank you! I was playing with current animals and there were things I couldn't figure out. It's great people like you are eager to help us noobs :wink: I will so some research with tanking the platypus.

Btw should I shrink it or make it a little oversized?

genkicoll

Ooo, Jordan's made an appearance! :wub: hehe :tongue:

It may be a bit on the big side, but it's so cute, I don't mind if it's out of perspective with the other animals. If you shrink it too much, you can't see all the wonderful details you did!

khalisimran

if i not mistake, RSN have make the Platypus before. Hope your design is more better. Can't wait to adopt your platypus. Go PLATYPUS Go! :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green:

toodlepops

Scalewise we don't have anything to compare it to in the pics so it's hard to tell. Maybe one size smaller would be more in the correct scale? You wouldn't want it to be the same size as a lion right? LOL GIANT PLATYPUS TAKES OVER ZOO! LOLOL

well A lion is much bigger then a penguin ofcourse but maybe penguin scaled? Or would that be too far of?

Right now I am making same animations at other angles, so nothing new to post, but I will surely update first post with new animations when done

Well size in whole Zoo Tycoon really varies, it's just sort of compromise, I noticed. Sea Otter looks quite big comparing to, let's say, Sea Lion :P So I guess I'll size Platypus at something between Sea Lion and Sea Otter

genkicoll

Platypus, when you finish this project, I remembered an animal that was requested... Our mascot, Li'l Phoenix! He's not in our banner at the moment, but he stays there most of the year :tongue: Here he is...

Flying a kite:

post-3-1205100043.png

Wearing a Mardi Gras mask:

post-3-1201895087.png

Preparing to eat his birthday cake:

post-3-1199407869.png

It would be SO cool, the COOLEST thing, to have him animated! :laugh:

• 5 months later...
Guest Hobbitpostman

RSN's animals are all wonderful, and the platypus is no exception, but other models are always welcome. I love RSN's peacock, but the ZTU peacock is just as good, and I enjoy using both in my zoo at different times. I am sure a second platypus wouldn't hurt. However, if you want to get a bit creative, with a little recoloring or something you could make it an extinct species of playtpus, like the obdurodont

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obdurodon_sudamericanum