Missing Animals?

Sir Keksalot

Savannahjan

zt2 is also at this link, but I don't know in what form.

5 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

zt2 is also at this link, but I don't know in what form

It's a .rar file.

Savannahjan

Oh, I guess because of the size.  I believe Winrar is free from the Microsoft website.   Sorry it isn't a simple zip.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

That didn't work. Still only 8 animals before installing DD and MM or doing any research. It's like my system remembers what files WEREN'T there and is actively going out of its way to exclude them.

Part of me suspects that the animals are still present in the game, and that this is only an issue with the UI not letting me adopt all animals that should be present at the start of the game. If I go into the second tutorial, the camels are there with no problem whatsoever, but they don't appear in the adoption menu. The only animals I can adopt from vanilla ZT are the zebra, blackbuck, giraffe, lion, moose, grizzly, chimp, and Bengal tiger. DD and MM seem untouched.

Re rar files. I don't think it is an MS file but there is a free zip that we use that opens both zip and rar files. It is called 7-zip. I need to wait for Jay to come online to get the link and info from.

It just occurred to me that you are not using a freeform unlock. ZT releases animals/scenery/foliage, etc in 6 month game increments. So you start a new zoo with limited fences and animals, etc. The list and how/when they are released are here at Tek or DD or DG. I will try to find where I posted it. Meanwhile try putting this ingame and see if it helps.

Or you can use the file from here which allows more than the unlock I have attached. http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5355.0

MMFreeformUnlock.zip

• Thanks 1

Here is the link about 7-zip http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1983

Oh and it is 3 month increments for the ingame releases not 6 as I originally said.

Also the tutorials restrict what can be used. So do scenarios so as to make them more challenging.

The slow release relates to zoo maps.

Most of us long time players have forgotten much of these since we use freeforms.

Note that ZT 2 does the same thing. I don't play that but I believe there are plenty of unlock hacks around for various things.

The other list needs double checking before I put it in the open.

From Jay: I believe they are not seeing all of the animals yet because:
1. ZT unlocks things in 3 month increments.
2. They did not install DD/MM/CC things yet.
3. Different things can be unlocked by different freeform maps and different scenarios.

I would have expected the gazelle to be unlocked also, although I cannot say definitely because I do not know which freeform map or scenario they are trying. The main unlock that comes with the original ZT unlocks from 8 to 14 animals when most maps start. The main 8 it unlocks are zebra, gazelle, lion, Bengal tiger, grizzly, giraffe, chimpanzee, and moose. It also unlocks the following if they are in the Updates folder: blackbuck, bongo, mountain lion, sable antelope, Asian black bear, and Asian elephant. Those were official downloads, and all but the sable antelope came with CC. When installing CC, I do not know at what point they would be installed. Other animals are also installed with DD, MM, and CC. So if they have DD, MM, or CC, those should also be installed. MM and CC come with the Kid's Map that unlocks almost all animals when the map is started. So that would be the best map to use to see what is available. Although many people use an "MM Freeform Unlock" hack, which I also used at one time, I no longer use that hack. I keep the Developer Menu Hack in my ZT at all times. That has an "Unlock Everything" button, which I use if I need something that is not in ZT's purchase menus yet. That works for any map or scenario. Although I made that hack to be easier to use, it is using an official capability that is built into ZT. That official capability is how Blue Fang added things to the maps and scenarios they created. The hack can be downloaded from DG:
http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5355.0

• 3 months later...

31 July 2022 and my ZT 1 CC game is missing animals. The panda is gone from the menu. I adopted a white Bengal tiger 2 RL days ago but today when I want to adopt a male the white Bengal is missing. The female was still in her exhibit until she died of old age. I exited the game and came back a few hours later and restarted it, still no panda and white tiger.

Any ideas?

fountain

I don't use the research hack. I pay my way thru the monthly in game fee. All the selected programs are complete.

There are are probably other animals missing that I don't use much.  The mermaid statue is gone, too.

fountain

I overlooked the mermaid statue so it is not missing.

I went back to the research menu and discovered the endangered animals goal had been unchecked. I rechecked it, the research did the lowland gorilla then the white tiger so now it is back on the menu.

Glad that was an easy solve.

fountain

• Like 1