• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• ruben

Zookeepers not doing their jobs?

Guest Jaimi

If this is adressed to me it was an ungulate I used Not sure what one and from wich site it was but I will probably play with it again

as the animals was pretty I just all of a sudden wanted a bear in there

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• pukkie

• ageise02

• luvmy83wing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

khalisimran

i always getting problem with giraffe..zookeepers always doing their job at the first time i assigned them.

Savannahjan

After I build an exhibit, I make a 2 or 3 tile separate exhibit right outside the animal exhibit gate. I call it my zookeeper exhibit. The keeper can go out of the animal exhibit into his own little exhibit, but I block the exit of the keeper exhibit with another piece of fence facing the other direction so they can't get out and wander all over the zoo. Usually it works. I say usually because sometimes that dope will just stand in there, turning this way and that and not going back into the animal exhibit. But most of the time, it will keep them on task.

Guest Caddienoah

Was working on a zoo tonight. I had four exhibits of the baby animals from ZA. Only one of the exhibits would be taken care of by the zookeepers. I had to continually pick up the zookeepers and put them into the exhibits...I blocked the entrance so they couldn't leave the exhibit, and they still wouldn't clean up the poo, or feed the baby's. I finally had to sell off the baby's and try something else. Have really been trying to get the nursery look to a group of exhibits. What bugged me, it wasn't all the zookeepers who had problems, just three out of four!

genkicoll

Your zookeepers HAVE to be able to leave the exhibits. It's the way the game is programmed - it tells them when they are outside the exhibit what they need to do. Once they're inside, they take care of whatever it was, and if they can't LEAVE, their duties never "reset", so they don't know that there's anything to do! The trick is to trap them near the gate - one tile is enough. As long as they can leave the exhibit for a moment, they should do what they're meant to do.

Do you guys really have a problem with zoo keepers? I have never had to trap them I just assign them to one or two exhibits and they take care of them. I have never, in the 3 or 4 years that I've been playing, had to do that so is it typical or am I just lucky at one thing??

I never had to trap them either and the only times I found them having troubles with them it is mostly when they care for a usere created animal and like you I let them take care of 2 exhibits so they move back and forth Those two exhibits are mostly either attched to each other or otherwise very close by and with the gates as close to each other as possible

Guest Caddienoah

I retried designing with the Zoo Babies from ZA again. Took your suggestions on "trapping" the zookeepers by their exhibits. One did his work the other again wouldn't. Used different babies...

I read somewhere, that it works if you delete the non-working staff, and start a new staff in the exhibit. Tried this and it didn't work either.

I like using the babies...So I continue on...

I always assign my zookeepes to exhibits as soon as I out animals in. If I forget to assign one,it will go bonkers and I'll get messages like "Zookeeper (Insert number here) cannot reach (Insert exhibit name here)." It will say that about EVERY exhibit,until you assign it.