Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• TRIFORCE89
    • Truly_happy

Combined ztd. files

Guest ladyhawk316

Guest ladyhawk316

That did it! It changed the file type like it was suppose to. Haven't tried it in the game yet but at least it looks like it's suppose to. Thanks again.:)

It will not access the subfolders. They are for organizational purposes so that you can pick and choose what you want in your game at any given moment (by putting them in the dlupdates folder).

If you change your .ini file wouldn't the game then access the subfiles?

Your right Alicia, if you edit the zoo.ini file the game acces the subfolder.

just tested it with Kong. (cut and paste NOT copied)

normal zoo.ini

path=./dlupdate;./updates;./xpack2/loc;./xpack2;./dupdate;./zupdate1;./xpack1/loc;./xpack1;./zupdate;./loc;.

edited zoo.ini.

path=./dlupdate;./dlupdate/KingKong;./updates;./xpack2/loc;./xpack2;./dupdate;./zupdate1;./xpack1/loc;./xpack1;./zupdate;./loc;.

KingKong is the subfolder in the dlupdate folder.

Yellowrose

When trying any editing of any file used by the game especially the zoo.ini file make sure you have a copy of the original file saved in a safe place on your computer so if needed you can replace your edited one.

Backup backup backup - the single most important rule before editing a game file.

good idea Yellowrose but if someone forgets the original file can be redownloaded from the CD.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious. I've had to do the combining many times already.

If I wanted to, could I take all my downloads and make one honkin' huge .ztd file?

:tongue:

Cheers!

Microbru

genkicoll

Haha, you could, but each menu (rocks, scenery, foliage, etc) can only take so many items at once. It must be in the hundreds, as I've never had any problem having a ton of items in the game at once, but then, I've never tried to put everything I have in the game at once :laugh:

I much prefer making themed combined files for themed building. That way I'm sure not to upset the game :tongue:

We've started making mega-combined files, such as rocks, fountains, flowers and the Imperial theme. This has just been in the last couple of months, so you might take a look at the downloads if you haven't for a while. For a quick look at what's new (combined), there's a thread in the New Releases section solely devoted to newly combined files that you could look at ^__^