Newest Member
    pERAS

• Richy III
    • Goosifer
    • (Admin)Savannahjan

combining uci's

luvmy83wing

luvmy83wing

Sorry I didn't make the dll section clear what I was asking is that if dll's from different sites would conflict with one another in the game as occasionally UCI's seem to .... I don't remember personally having a conflict issue but I 've read that some have. Genki you are so knowlegeable I do so appreciate you and your patience. I don't like messing with the areas that have dll files as afraid I will screw some thing up but if I understand what you said I should be able to put these in and leave them alone ... is this corret?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvmy83wing

• genkicoll

• ageise02

• moondawg

genkicoll

Yes, add the dlls to the main Zoo Tycoon section and leave them alone. There shouldn't be any conflicts that will cause a problem with your game. If there is a duplicate id used in dlls, it would just mean that one building would overwrite another. We designers and those who configure work very hard to make sure this kind of conflict does not happen, so you shouldn't have to worry about it :) There is a finite amount of dlls you can have in the game, but that is why most sites have a combined dll - so that you won't get too many in your game.

And I'm available to answer questions anytime. I was a newbie once, too :wink: :elkgrin:

There are some unsafe dlls still out there. If you are loading an exe file, it might have a pathc dll in it and these are not safe. many of those have been or are being fixed. For a list of the ones i would recommend you have in your game go Here Post 1 is the current list. I work on the dll files of various sites and these are okay to use.

luvmy83wing

First I want to say thank you ladies for the info thus far. I now have another question. I've been studying to tuts. I am using win rar just so you know. I have a folder on my desk top with all of the downloads that I want to combine in it they are all zip files.Do I need to change these to ztds then zip them to one file?

genkicoll

This info is already in the tutorial, but I'll walk you through it.

You'll need to unzip all of the files before you can combine. Then, double-click on the first ztd (really, any ztd in the folder will do). If you haven't associated your ztds with WinRar, do it now (if you need to know how, just ask). WinRar will pop up, and you'll see the contents of the ztd - if it's a scenery item, you'll see an objects folder and a scenery folder. If it's anything else - like a path, animal or a working building - you will see some additional items. Hit the gold up arrow on the left (below the icon that looks like books).

Now you will see all of the ztds in your folder. Select all of them, then click the "Extract to" button. Now just click OK. They'll all be extracted, combined, into a new folder within that original folder.

Now you need to go into that new folder where everything has been extracted. Select everything inside there - all folders and any files you might see in there. Zip it all together, then rename it from .zip to .ztd. Finished! You now have a combined ztd! Now you just need to test it in-game to make sure it works properly ^__^

If you have any other questions, please look through THIS thread first. If you still have questions, please post them there.

luvmy83wing

i'm not sure if it is accosiated how would I know? Oh and BTW Happy birthdat genki. There are also a couple of these files that have dlls in with them . Am I correct to take these out and put them in the zoo tycoon folder , they don't need to be zipped up into the uci folder that I am making correct?

genkicoll

You are correct, the dll's don't get combined in, they would go in your main ZT folder (though they may be part of a combined dll by now - check the list that Fern directed you to in order to be sure).

If you double-click on a ztd and WinRar pops up, you've already got the files associated with the program. If you don't, a window will pop up asking you what program you'd like to use to open the ztd. Find WinRar and select it, but be sure to check the box that says (something like) Use this program to open this kind of file from now on. That way you won't have to search for WinRar every time, it will be automatic ^__^

luvmy83wing

Alrighty then here goes nothing If I did it right we are soon to find out if not I'll be contacting you again.

luvmy83wing

hey hey hey what do you know I accomplished the task YEAH Thank you so much for all f your help could not have done it without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!