Rhodie's fruitless endeavors

Rhodie

So I decided to try modeling after watching Hendrix's tutorial, I've spent many days trying to work this stuff out but finally I created animations, problem is the texture is all messed up. I see that other people have had the very same problems but from what I've read nobody has written their solutions. Any help would be very appreciated. Once I get this done i'm gonna try and keep importing animals but the ultimate goal is to be able to create my own models and textures for ZT1. image.png.853f5e28335e054542be9b6da1693744.png

What format did you use? jpg will mess things up. They need to be png.

Please post one set of the views (in a zip) The one shown will do. 

Zarawatto

As far as I've read, if you use APE for animations, you gotta later fix rotations for EACH frame. I never tried it, so I can't confirm that.

Instead, I use batch coversion tool from ZTStudio. It is faster and reminds you if you haven't normalized palette yet! 😸😸

10 hours ago, Rhodie said:

So I decided to try modeling after watching Hendrix's tutorial, I've spent many days trying to work this stuff out but finally I created animations, problem is the texture is all messed up. I see that other people have had the very same problems but from what I've read nobody has written their solutions. Any help would be very appreciated. Once I get this done i'm gonna try and keep importing animals but the ultimate goal is to be able to create my own models and textures for ZT1. image.png.853f5e28335e054542be9b6da1693744.png

If you´re using Blender and Hendrix´s script, just try again and do everything EXACTLY as he does.

I had the same problem, and... I have absolutely no idea how I was able to fix it. It just worked when I followed every single thing.

I´d say something was wrong with your palette file, but it is really hard to tell what exactly. My advice: rework animations again.

9 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

If you´re using Blender and Hendrix´s script, just try again and do everything EXACTLY as he does.

I had the same problem, and... I have absolutely no idea how I was able to fix it. It just worked when I followed every single thing.

I´d say something was wrong with your palette file, but it is really hard to tell what exactly. My advice: rework animations again.

Alright, seems like im on the right path the animations in Zoostudio have the right textures. Hopefully it'll work in ape too. 

1 hour ago, Rhodie said:

Took long enough!

image.png.243bf2812a61de90cf14c089d281bc99.png

Nice. What creature it is?

1 minute ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Nice. What creature it is?

Doing a Reunion Solitare, gonna update the color though not as white as I want it. 

37 minutes ago, Rhodie said:

Doing a Reunion Solitare, gonna update the color though not as white as I want it. 

Great idea! When I made ibises, I always had problems to make beaks visible, if you have similar problems, mark beak in edit mode in blender and enlarge it (S).

Make sure your background colour is not the same as any of the colours in the animal. That is one cause of  see-through holes in graphics

• Like 1