Jymn's fussy little edits

Jymn

This is some really cool work -- I downloaded the Highland Yeti and I am really wondering about that reindeer! You definitely have skill with modifying the pal files, which is a really untapped kind of designing; I hope to see more work from you in the future!

Jymn

Oh look, another thing you already have: Dimorphic Red Kangaroo!

But I made an extremely lovely pal for it, okay? Female red kangaroos are so famously not-usually-red that they are sometimes called blue fliers (ironically, this is mentioned in the game's info text despite not being reflected in the graphics)

Z3ta7Nf.jpg

(Note: there is a lot of color variation between individual kangaroos so IRL some of the females are on the red side and some males are grayish.)

I also have for you the Western Grey Kangaroo.They are a common kangaroo from southern Australia. Despite the name they are often brown. Their color isn't effected by gender as far as I could tell, but I made them dimorphic anyway to provide you with more of the aforementioned variation.

v89wW2D.jpg
Both types have the same exhibit requirements as the original red kangaroo for convenience. But seeing as their territory includes woodlands and deserts, I made them accepting of deciduous and desert terrain and items (this can help them reach green-suitability in an exhibit for Borsato's Koala, but suitability still won't be *that* high)

I did change the Red Kangaroo male just a teeny-tiny bit 

vcuxnUZ.jpg

because otherwise he looked a tad...radioactive, when standing next to the new ones. (baby red kangaroo is completely unchanged, but it has its own pal now because otherwise un-radioactiv-ifying the adult affects it)

They accept larger groups also.

A group of Kangaroos is called a mob.
se1e8a6.jpg
Oh, and I added the stable to their shelter list. Why? Because when I was a kid I REALLY wanted the *red* animal to live in the *red* shelter. And now I can have my wish.

One last thing, if you'll indulge me in giving you some advice: Should you ever find yourself in Washington State, see if you can get a tour of Wallaby Ranch in Fall City (by appointment only) https://www.wallabyranch.org/

(no affiliation, I just went there once)
It's a way cooler Kangaroo experience than any zoo, and their groundbreaking photography of early stages of joey development was featured in a National Geographic Documentary: The Kangaroo King

oh, and if you wanna use my pal files for your own purposes, be my guest (:

Jm_2kangaroos_1hack.zip

• Like 3

I look forward to checking out the kangaroos ingame -- they look fantastic. Very realistic and yet still perfectly in the game's classic style. This will probably be a permanent addition to my hacks folder!

Your projects make me wonder what else is possible with such careful pallete modification!

Jymn
6 minutes ago, johnztmaster said:

I look forward to checking out the kangaroos ingame -- they look fantastic. Very realistic and yet still perfectly in the game's classic style. This will probably be a permanent addition to my hacks folder!

Your projects make me wonder what else is possible with such careful pallete modification!

Thank you, the pals do take awhile, but it's usually worth it (:

Jymn

You don't need to be a primatologist to know that gorillas don't have pink skin. Never even a little bit.

So. Quick fix for that.

6OEVag4.png

No new .ai needed since they were already dimorphic

(meaning no stat changes at all, and it won't conflict with gorilla hacks that only change stats)

I did give female and young their own .pals so they could be optimized individually

Jm_GorillaRecolor_Hack.zip

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
OttoPruin2007
On 2/21/2023 at 7:14 PM, Fern said:

Ghirin made a dimorphic ostrich

But it is coded as a separate animal.

I want that someone gives a reskin to female vanilla ostrich

Jymn

I've never made a shelter or even a building before so uh..hopefully I've got all my ducks in a row here. But they seem to be working well. Lemme know if there's any problems.

The dino digs caves kinda look like a T-rex's tail would be stickin out if it tried to sleep in there, don't they? But you wouldn't want 'em bigger cuz they're space hogs as it is. However, if you put them against a cliff you can make-believe the cave is however large you need and use the space above for guests or other animals or whatever you want. So I made cave entrances to go against cliffs. Capacity 10. Any animal that likes the shelter they're based on will like and use them.

8IGMGHM.png

Jm_Shelters_icedinocavecliffent.zip

• Love 2