• bxdczoo
    • MaastrichianFan
    • MarkBL20
    • Fern
    • Hawkkeye666

Game Crashing Causes

fountain

Mithril Maid

Okay, I took out everything UCI. (how on earth do you play with just in game stuff! Lol)

I played for about an hour with no issues. So now I am going to slowly add stuff back in and see what happens.... sigh.....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fern

• LeopardStar

• Mithril Maid

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

genkicoll

Go ahead and post your dlupdate screenshot here - one of us may know of the top of our head(s) what the problem is. ^__^

Mithril Maid

I have added back in the Lang files, I do keep them in the main Zoo Tycoon folder not in dlupdate. Here is the screen shot of my dlupdate folder at last crash.

dlupdatefolder.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and all the help so far! :D I may or may not be back on this evening, gonna try out the game a little more and then I've got a full work day tomorrow. I'll be back on again in the evening. Thanks again!

genkicoll

Some of them I can say are OK right away. The .jpgs in your folder won't have an effect on gameplay, so they're alright. I recognize a lot of these, so I recommend checking the following LAST, for they should not be causing you problems: Anything that starts with "gc" or "br" and the files ending with "gh" or "jk". These are made by me, Brandi, Ghirin and Jordan, in that order. The cp small bamboo was checked, so that shouldn't be it, either. I've checked and double-checked my paths (and so has Fern :tongue:), and I know none of them cause crashes, so you can also cross off the BlueMarblePath, FantasyPath, PeppPath, PresentWayRedWhite&BluePath, SpearmintPath and SpiderWalk. The ColouredFencesCombined & Vine Fences should also be fine, as Fern did them.

There are more that I recognize that probably aren't the problem, as well, but at this point, I recommend checking anything that's just a name, such as Bobcat.ztd (with the exceptions I noted above). That would be the best place to start ^__^

Savannahjan

My old eyes cannot read this list, but I can see that you have some picture files and readme text files in this folder. I don't guess that would make the game crash, but the game cannot read these so you need to definitely remove them. Only .ztd files should be in dlupdates. I can see a folder on the top of the list, maybe you are moving .ztds in and out of this. I know some people do keep different folders in their dlupdates folder, but personally, I prefer to have only .ztds in there.

Mithril Maid

Well I did pop back in, lol..

I will double check those files, so far I have put in the hacks and Aviary, Dragon Guards, Tek Fountains Combined & Tek Mega Flowers.

You say some of those items aren't needed in the dlupdate folder.......

To add a file I find it in my downloads and then right click and extract to the dlupdate folder. So, after I do that I should go back into dlupdates and remove anything that isn't a .ztd file?

After putting on my glasses and blowing up your screenshot i did find the LANG999-ponyride.dll in the folder doubt if its the problem but might be worth looking into....

Take out Soops fountains combined. I think that pack is one that is on my "repairs to do" list. One of her fountain sets does cause crash games. Take them out and see if the game still crashes.

You probably can't see the Eastern Imperial Eagle because it looks like it is in a folder and ZT can't read in the folder. You need to move it to the dlupdate folder from that one.

lang999-pony ride needs to be moved to the main ZT folder to where all the other dlls are.

Remove all jpgs and txt as ZT will try to read them and while I am not sure, it might affect how many ztds you can have since it is using resourses on them that could be used on ztds.

For animals check the suitability guides at ZTCDD and see if errors are listed. You are probably okay on lcid errors since you are using and english speaking ZT. But other types of animal "errors" could crash the game.

Some of Brandi's very early stuff might still need tweaking.

Mithril Maid

Fern, I am thinking that the fountain thing may be the one, I've been playing with the game with just the above mentioned items and have had no issues. The Soops fountains is one that I just added in yesterday. So a very good chance that is it.

I will go and take out anything that isn't .ztd out of dlupdate as I add new downloads. So when I add in the Pony Ride, which I LOVE, I'll make sure it goes in the right place. lol

Okay, really leaving now. I have to get some sleep! lol

Thank you so much!

oh Fern you miracle worker! :hug2: I so like those soops stuff but it causes big time crashes

I found that out as every time I have them I have problems Well I get rid of them now

knowing that they will be back in a computer crash free glorious return :yahoo:

(I hope like in tomorrow :032: )