Newest Member
    asd294

• MaastrichianFan
    • Goosifer
    • Fern

ZTCC and Windows 10

Goosifer

Hello all,

I had been digging around the internet looking for ways to buy the Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection but looks like it's abandonware, together with ZT2. I hope it's okay to mention, but I ended up downloading the game (and ZT2) from archive.org; they have an awesome collection of abandonware iso files along with many comments giving tips/tricks for installation.

I've hit a snag though: it installs no problem but then it won't boot even though it's mounted :( Looks like it might need a 'no CD hack'? Is it recommended to download this patch and has anyone bumped into a similar problem on Windows 10?

Thanks!

Savannahjan

Here is the no-disc .exe I use:

zoo.exe

Thank you! That got got me past the boot screen, but then the game crashes after starting up the tutorial or a new zoo. I figured since my Windows 11 PC comes in soon and I might have problems again, I'd see if I can install it on a virtual machine with an older Windows version. For the sake of anyone from the future having similar problems, I shall keep everyone posted. 😎

Completely vanilla, sadly did not get to enjoy any mods.

I occasionally see them for sale on Ebay, Etsy, & Amazon.

• Like 1

Z.Z.

I have Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Windows 10 installs ZT from disk just fine.

Windows 11 does not.

Which is why I still have Windows 10, the OS language is still able to read the disk.

• Like 2

Savannahjan

One of our newer members actually got ZT installed on Windows 11 using the discs, but it took several tries.  There is another digital copy on Jane/Anne-Lis' Google drive here.  She also made a YouTube install video video.  This is her text install instructions, it discusses mounting it, so I'm assuming that is for an external drive.

Zoo Tycoon Install.txt

• Like 2