• Goosifer
    • HeatherL
    • (Designer)HENDRIX

ZTCC and Windows 10

Goosifer

10 hours ago, Fern said:

Try looking through the topics here

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?board=246.0

Thank you! Looks like it's a system-level bug somewhere in my operating system, and I'm not too sure what. I got it working on Windows 10 using a Windows Vista virtual machine using the same iso I downloaded from archive.org. Maybe I'm just unlucky!

Thank you Pukkie and HeatherL! Will check those out, would definitely prefer to  own a physical copy at some point.

1 hour ago, Z.Z. said:

I have Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Windows 10 installs ZT from disk just fine.

Windows 11 does not.

Which is why I still have Windows 10, the OS language is still able to read the disk.

I'm happy I got this working with VM just in case Windows 11 gives me trouble next week. I'll let you know if it works and can post a how-to if there's interest! I also want to test this on Steam Proton and see how well it runs on Linux.

12 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

One of our newer members actually got ZT installed on Windows 11 using the discs, but it took several tries.  There is another digital copy on Jane/Anne-Lis' Google drive here.  She also made a YouTube install video video.  This is her text install instructions, it discusses mounting it, so I'm assuming that is for an external drive.

Zoo Tycoon Install.txt 564 B · 0 downloads

Thank you Savannahjan!  Saved it for next week!

vistaztcc.JPG