Top Posters In This Topic

• Tasmanian_tiger

• pukkie

• ZooGrammy

• ageise02

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tasmanian_tiger

I'm very glad you are excited about it! Thank you all for all your support.

I've done all the animations that are in stand positions. I've gone over to 'walking' animations. I have imported the harbor seal's 'gallop' into the ribbon seal. I noticed afterwards it mis-imported.. I'm not sure why. It sunk the ribbon seal a bit into the ground (mostly the front part). So I'll re-do. (The reason I keep trying importing things correctly, is that I hope to find out a system to do it without error, and thus making creating new ZT animals easier... Plus, it's a learning experience too.)

Enough of that. I watched a few seals on the television and noticed those seals apparently didn't use their front limbs at all to walk. So, now I'm thinking of doing that too. Or maybe do it for some animations. I probably should just go to the zoo again, hehe. What do you guys think?

RibSealMGallopSE.gif

RibSealFGallopE.gif

I'm still finding walking cycles the hardest to do. (Ehrm.. if you could call it walking. Hehe.)

HobbitPostman, the seals are new models + skins + animations by me. So the sea lion isn't used. I do use the sea lion as a base, but I re-insert all the animations. ^^

Professor Paul

It only looks like that when they move at speed.

Guest Hobbitpostman

well, I've seen harbor seals in zoos, Sea World, and in the Wild (Glacier Bay, Alaska). They do not use their flippers at all on land for movement. Their flippers just stick out in the air, don't even touch the ground, because of all the fat. They just kind of undulate using their bodie's muscles, like an overweight worm or slug. Very, very, very slow.

Tasmanian_tiger

Aah, thanks a lot!

I'll see if I can use this animation for when they are really running (like escaping) and the one without flippers (and what calmer) for just walking.

Oh men will this be great when it is finished :yahoo: Can hardly wait for this animal to be released

Absolutely fantastic :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green:

Tasmanian_tiger

Small update, I finally put the animal ingame. Somehow, the look left animation is freaking me out (it looks like the stripe over the neck of the seal suddenly goes over the head), but when I gif it, it seems fine. Anyhow all tank + some walking animations still have to be done (+uca_edit_+young.. ugh not done yet, lol). But yet.. ingame, weeh.

I think I'll go and download en masse from here, play some Zoo Tycoon now. Hehe. Feeling like it after seeing all the other designer's downloads. :hug2:

post-2153-1223495334.jpg

Professor Paul
well, I've seen harbor seals in zoos, Sea World, and in the Wild (Glacier Bay, Alaska). They do not use their flippers at all on land for movement. Their flippers just stick out in the air, don't even touch the ground, because of all the fat. They just kind of undulate using their bodie's muscles, like an overweight worm or slug. Very, very, very slow.

They are known as common seals here & trust me, it may not look like the flippers touch the ground but they do. I only ever see them in their natural state, we have several breeding colonies in this part of the world.

Ooooh but this is just gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: and seeing that on a screenshot

Oh boy oh boy! Almost ready to play with! :yahoo: