pERAS
    Newest Member
    pERAS

• Hawkkeye666
    • pdn
    • kong

Screenshot attachments

luvmy83wing

I have posted a few of my zoos as you all know and because I have a really hard time deciding what I think you all like I have a hard time choosing which is why I post so many in a thread. Since learning how to zip them into a downloadable file and then uploading them to another site for storage and then posting the link for download so that you may "walk" through them. I have gone back into these threads and tried to decide what can be deleted and still show the zoo adequately. I can't decide. So finally for my question...... If I were to take all but one or two pics ( leaving one or two for immediate viewing) and zip them up and attach the zip to the thread would anyone actually download the pics to look at and would the save Tek anything at all? Just trying to figure out how to help conserve space for all of our wonderful stuff here at the site.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• pukkie

• ZooGrammy

• luvmy83wing

genkicoll

I, personally, prefer to have the screenshots just as they are - viewable just by entering the thread. I have a couple of suggestions for those who like to add a lot of screenshots, though.

#1 is that if you are going to post a lot, add no more than 3 screens per post. That will help those who are on dial-up, for the page will load faster. A screenshot thread is one of those places where we encourage you to double, or even triple-post! Keep those screens coming, we love them!

#2 is that if you have a place where you can store your photos such as Photobucket, please do. We can still see the photos without having to download them or leave the site, but we can still keep our attachment quota under control. The problem is not the size of the attachments, but the sheer quantity of our attachments.

We do NOT want our members to stop posting their screenshots! They are a big part of what makes Tek what it is, and we are not willing to sacrifice them. Those who want to help out can manage their own attachments (NOT including screenshots) by deleting their old .gif attachments that are long since buried in threads. For instance, little animations we attach to congratulate someone on their amazing post count, or thank yous or wows, etc.

Our board smileys don't count! They're loaded into the system and only count as one attachment each, no matter how many times they're used! :laugh:

ZooGrammy
We do NOT want our members to stop posting their screenshots! They are a big part of what makes Tek what it is, and we are not willing to sacrifice them. Those who want to help out can manage their own attachments (NOT including screenshots) by deleting their old .gif attachments that are long since buried in threads. For instance, little animations we attach to congratulate someone on their amazing post count, or thank yous or wows, etc.

Very well said Genki!!!

I, personally, prefer to have the screenshots just as they are - viewable just by entering the thread. I have a couple of suggestions for those who like to add a lot of screenshots, though.

#1 is that if you are going to post a lot, add no more than 3 screens per post. That will help those who are on dial-up, for the page will load faster. A screenshot thread is one of those places where we encourage you to double, or even triple-post! Keep those screens coming, we love them!

#2 is that if you have a place where you can store your photos such as Photobucket, please do. We can still see the photos without having to download them or leave the site, but we can still keep our attachment quota under control. The problem is not the size of the attachments, but the sheer quantity of our attachments.

Our board smileys don't count! They're loaded into the system and only count as one attachment each, no matter how many times they're used! :laugh:

Genki please explain in detail # 2 above as I really want to help anyway that i can ..... remember you are typeing to a computer idiot here LOL

ASince I am most guilty I think of using attachments do you want me to go through my older posts do delete them?

ZooGrammy

That would be helpful. Go to "my controls" and down the list to "manage your attachements" It will give you a list of where your attachments are and you can see the dates on the post.

genkicoll

There's a faster way to do it than going through your old posts, pukkie ^__^

Click on the "My Controls" tab towards the top of the board. On the left side, under Options, click on "Manage Your Attachments".

You may be surprised at how many are there *^_^* I pared mine down and still have 43 pages of attachements there. REMEMBER, DO NOT delete your screenshots! Old animated .gifs that are buried in old threads, yes, but not anything that makes Tek the wonderful place that it is, please!

I'll have to let someone who has a PhotoBucket account explain it to you exoticcats, I'm not sure how it works. I do use Imageshack at times ( http://www.imageshack.us ), but I've been told that they sometimes have problems with... what is it?, phishing? Adaware problems, or something @_@

genkicoll

We posted at the same time :tongue: Be sure to read my post, too, pukkie. We don't want to lose anything important!